Bad
Good

Posted October 06, 2011
I think Boyle Road is a great school. I have 2 kids that attend there and I will say we are all very happy. They geniunely enjoying going to school. I am a working Mom and I love that if I have any quesitons or concerns the teachers and the Principal are quick to answer my questions. Also I love that the principal knows every student and parent. When I do attend school events she is very personalable and welcomes every family by names. That shows how much pride she has in our school and it shows.

Posted December 04, 2009
Very welcoming atmosphere. Great teachers. Children always placed first.

Posted September 23, 2009
Nothing but great things to say about Boyle Road School!!

Posted September 22, 2009
This is a great school. Teachers work so hard for all of the students. Wonderful activities for students. Many ways for parents to get involved!!!

Posted September 02, 2009
As a parent I'm very happy with the school. People are concerned about youth in a principal but I have the opposite reaction. I think youth often brings comfort and experience with the latest technology and educational approaches. My daughters teacher often took a constructivist approach to learning and guided my child to the answers in a systematic way. As for prior postings, my child's entire experience has been both the whole word method as well as the phonemic approach to reading. Emphasis was placed on diagraphs in early grades as well as balanced literacy.

Posted January 18, 2009
Good school. Improving lot in last few years. Hope this improvent will continue.

Posted June 19, 2008
Boyle Road Elementary School is an outstanding place for children to learn and grow. They continue to provide a solid educational foundation with fun and exciting experiences. In addition to the wonderful faculty and staff, the strong PTA only supports this institution.

Posted June 01, 2008
I have had 3 children go through Boyle Road Elementary School. I am more then satisfied with the education my children have recieved and equally as satisied with the reading program. As far as the Principal is concerned. To say she is inexperienced is absolutely ludicrous. Yes the Principal is young but she is more then qualified to hold the office she does. She does an excellent job with children, parents, staff and administration. She has an open door policy and is always available. Before stating that someone is 'inexperienced' I strongly suggest checking their qualifications. Believe me her's are more then satisfactory I know this because I did take the time to do the research and I can assure you Boyle Road is Lucky to have her. To get back to the reading program , It is a balanced approach and Phonics is an integral part of it.

Boyle Road Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2006
my child is in third grade and has gone hear since first grade, from my experience so far it is a good school, the teachers keep you informed of student progress/problems and their are lots of activites to get involed in.

424 Boyle Road, Port Jefferson Station, NY  11776
Last modified Boyle Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.