Posted February 22, 2015
Two of my children and in another year my third attend OLOW. The school is incredible and provides more than just an education but rather a community. Your child is taught by teachers that really know them and care about them academically but personally. My children are thriving in this environment. Their confidence has improved as well as their academics. We wouldn't change a thing.

Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School 4

Posted February 12, 2015
our son attends OLOW , we started mid year so things were in full swing and yet from the principal to the teacher, nurse and very welcoming families, they made the transition easy for us....what can I write .. when a 7 year old gets up and is so eager to go to school says it all...smiles going in smiles going out. and we can talk academics he is learning more and new things, he isn't just a number in a class being pushed from one class to another, his teacher is very in tune with her children she see's them as individuals and each needing different things, they aren't a number they are who they are and allowed to be and that's big for us... thank you Mrs B first grade for doing what you do !!

Posted February 11, 2015
I am a former student from OLOW and I am extremely grateful that my parents decided to send me here. I have made lasting friendships with classmates, teachers and faculty. I truly enjoyed the small school atmosphere because I felt like I was given more attention/help when needed and OLOW became my family, where everyone knew my name. I always feel welcomed back when I go to visit. This school has given me many memories and provided me with many opportunities to succeed in high school, college and beyond. I believe that the faculty and staff at OLOW work extremely hard to make sure parents and students are given the support they need. OLOW is constantly looking for ways to be better than the year before, and they always have their students and parents in mind. As I walk through the halls as an alumni, a lot has changed, but one thing has always remained the same, the love, hard work and dedication these teachers and faculty members have for their students.

Posted January 22, 2015
Prior to the change in administration I considered pulling my children from OLOW. I am so happy I stayed the 2014-15 yr because the new administration has transformed this school! The environment in the school from the new administration and staff fosters a love for learning. The individual attention the students receive is remarkable due to the small class sizes. Music lessons for even the younger children! A monthly science program for preK! There is always an event and such a sense of community. As a public school educator for 15yrs I am fortunate to see both sides. While both have it benefits and disadvantages, at OLOW small class sizes, individual attention, extra help for all grades, foreign language starting in preK, the teachers and Principal know EVERY child by name these are just a few positive attributes of this school. It promotes an environment that is a simple without the unnecessary "bells and whistles" that so often distract from to true learning. A true sense of community. I live in a GREAT school district but we still chose OLOW.

Posted January 06, 2015
My son recently started this school and we are so pleased with our decision in him attending OLOW. The staff is outstanding and e support is amazing. For once my son is super excited to attend school. Coming from public school we are happy to see him excel.

Posted January 05, 2015
It is our son's 2nd year at Our Lady of Wisdom. His progress spiritually and academically has exceeded our expectations. The dedication of the teachers is phenomenal and the sense of family is amazing. My wife and I could not be more happy with our decision to send him to Our Lady of Wisdom.

Posted December 15, 2014
This is our first year at OLOW, the staff, students and parents welcomed our family with open arms. My son immediately made friends, started to enjoy school again and was excited to get onto the bus and start his day. We came from a horrible experience in public school where the classes were too big and the teacher spent their day herding the masses, not teaching the lessons. At Our Lady of Wisdom, there is much more structure, disciple and understanding by the staff. The children are better behaved and are academically focused. There is always a social activity for the kids or an event for the parents. The sense of community is unmatched in the public sector. I am so thankful to have found OLOW, my son s life will forever be changed and enlightened by this school. I would recommend it to anyone who wants their children to grow up healthy, caring, respectful and knowledgeable on life, academics and faith.

Posted December 15, 2014
Great atmosphere with professional and caring faculty, administration and staff. The school combines tradition with innovation, making for a positive, effective learning environment.

Posted December 08, 2014
The teachers make the school and this is true about OLOW. And now under the leadership of a hands on, active, involved, caring, and well educated Principal, it just gets better. The small class sizes and support is outstanding. The families that not only care about their own children but yours, makes it a warm environment for everyone. We could not be more happier watching our child succeed more and more each year at OLOW and look forward to many more years ahead. I give it 5 stars...would give more if I could!

Posted June 19, 2014
We are the parents of two children who are about to complete their first year at OLOW. My children are reading, writing and excelling in math way above their public school counterparts. They are also learning cursive which their public school friends are not. Their second grade teacher is kind-hearted and simply fantastic! They have had a loving environment and are learning our Catholic faith on a daily basis which has been a blessing both to them and our whole family. The OLOW families believe in their pastors, school board, principal and teachers. We have had a great year and are looking forward to another great one next year! GO OLOW!!!!!!

Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School
114-116 Myrtle Avenue, Port Jefferson, NY  11777
Last modified Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top