Posted January 22, 2015
Prior to the change in administration I considered pulling my children from OLOW. I am so happy I stayed the 2014-15 yr because the new administration has transformed this school! The environment in the school from the new administration and staff fosters a love for learning. The individual attention the students receive is remarkable due to the small class sizes. Music lessons for even the younger children! A monthly science program for preK! There is always an event and such a sense of community. As a public school educator for 15yrs I am fortunate to see both sides. While both have it benefits and disadvantages, at OLOW small class sizes, individual attention, extra help for all grades, foreign language starting in preK, the teachers and Principal know EVERY child by name these are just a few positive attributes of this school. It promotes an environment that is a simple without the unnecessary "bells and whistles" that so often distract from to true learning. A true sense of community. I live in a GREAT school district but we still chose OLOW.

Posted January 06, 2015
My son recently started this school and we are so pleased with our decision in him attending OLOW. The staff is outstanding and e support is amazing. For once my son is super excited to attend school. Coming from public school we are happy to see him excel.

Posted January 05, 2015
It is our son's 2nd year at Our Lady of Wisdom. His progress spiritually and academically has exceeded our expectations. The dedication of the teachers is phenomenal and the sense of family is amazing. My wife and I could not be more happy with our decision to send him to Our Lady of Wisdom.

Posted December 15, 2014
This is our first year at OLOW, the staff, students and parents welcomed our family with open arms. My son immediately made friends, started to enjoy school again and was excited to get onto the bus and start his day. We came from a horrible experience in public school where the classes were too big and the teacher spent their day herding the masses, not teaching the lessons. At Our Lady of Wisdom, there is much more structure, disciple and understanding by the staff. The children are better behaved and are academically focused. There is always a social activity for the kids or an event for the parents. The sense of community is unmatched in the public sector. I am so thankful to have found OLOW, my son s life will forever be changed and enlightened by this school. I would recommend it to anyone who wants their children to grow up healthy, caring, respectful and knowledgeable on life, academics and faith.

Posted December 15, 2014
Great atmosphere with professional and caring faculty, administration and staff. The school combines tradition with innovation, making for a positive, effective learning environment.

Posted December 08, 2014
The teachers make the school and this is true about OLOW. And now under the leadership of a hands on, active, involved, caring, and well educated Principal, it just gets better. The small class sizes and support is outstanding. The families that not only care about their own children but yours, makes it a warm environment for everyone. We could not be more happier watching our child succeed more and more each year at OLOW and look forward to many more years ahead. I give it 5 stars...would give more if I could!

Posted December 03, 2014
Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School is not just a school, it is a family. The children have the ability to meet their rue potential with the smaller class sizes and teachers that really know each and every students strengths and weaknesses. Since switching my children to this school last year, I have watched their confidence soar, reading and math improve and have noticed how happy they always are. We love this school and recommend it to everyone.

Posted June 19, 2014
We are the parents of two children who are about to complete their first year at OLOW. My children are reading, writing and excelling in math way above their public school counterparts. They are also learning cursive which their public school friends are not. Their second grade teacher is kind-hearted and simply fantastic! They have had a loving environment and are learning our Catholic faith on a daily basis which has been a blessing both to them and our whole family. The OLOW families believe in their pastors, school board, principal and teachers. We have had a great year and are looking forward to another great one next year! GO OLOW!!!!!!

Posted June 16, 2014
We are a proud OLOW family. It is the little school that could and will continue to be great. To those of you who are posting negative comments please stop. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. It is not what a person of faith would do. Stop trying to sabotage any future enrollment with your nonsense. We are staying and couldn't be happier. We love OLOW.

Posted June 13, 2014
After reading the last 6 reviews I felt that I need to write one also and clarify few things that were stated. This is my first year in OLOW and although I came into the "turmoil of administrative and office changes", this was the best decision I made for all of my four children. The staff and teachers have been wonderful. To all the previous very negative review writers. Rumors are just rumors- don't believe them. I have been volunteering at all of the events not to socialize but to raise money for the school- where were you? It is the same few people over and over organizing and running them , have not seen your face there, so please don't make assumptions and statements that are not true??? The person with enrollment comment- the last time the school was at 249 was in the 1980's, as of today there is 162 students enrolled, I checked today when I was at the school. The dissatisfaction with administrative changes??? what are you dissatisfied with? the new principal, with all the appropriate credentials? Our children are not affected by the few bumps in the road but by the negative parents like yourself. I am looking forward to the new school year. GO OLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School
114-116 Myrtle Avenue, Port Jefferson, NY  11777
Last modified Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top