Posted December 15, 2014
This is our first year at OLOW, the staff, students and parents welcomed our family with open arms. My son immediately made friends, started to enjoy school again and was excited to get onto the bus and start his day. We came from a horrible experience in public school where the classes were too big and the teacher spent their day herding the masses, not teaching the lessons. At Our Lady of Wisdom, there is much more structure, disciple and understanding by the staff. The children are better behaved and are academically focused. There is always a social activity for the kids or an event for the parents. The sense of community is unmatched in the public sector. I am so thankful to have found OLOW, my son s life will forever be changed and enlightened by this school. I would recommend it to anyone who wants their children to grow up healthy, caring, respectful and knowledgeable on life, academics and faith.

Posted December 15, 2014
Great atmosphere with professional and caring faculty, administration and staff. The school combines tradition with innovation, making for a positive, effective learning environment.

Posted December 08, 2014
The teachers make the school and this is true about OLOW. And now under the leadership of a hands on, active, involved, caring, and well educated Principal, it just gets better. The small class sizes and support is outstanding. The families that not only care about their own children but yours, makes it a warm environment for everyone. We could not be more happier watching our child succeed more and more each year at OLOW and look forward to many more years ahead. I give it 5 stars...would give more if I could!

Posted December 03, 2014
Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School is not just a school, it is a family. The children have the ability to meet their rue potential with the smaller class sizes and teachers that really know each and every students strengths and weaknesses. Since switching my children to this school last year, I have watched their confidence soar, reading and math improve and have noticed how happy they always are. We love this school and recommend it to everyone.

Posted June 19, 2014
We are the parents of two children who are about to complete their first year at OLOW. My children are reading, writing and excelling in math way above their public school counterparts. They are also learning cursive which their public school friends are not. Their second grade teacher is kind-hearted and simply fantastic! They have had a loving environment and are learning our Catholic faith on a daily basis which has been a blessing both to them and our whole family. The OLOW families believe in their pastors, school board, principal and teachers. We have had a great year and are looking forward to another great one next year! GO OLOW!!!!!!

Posted June 16, 2014
We are a proud OLOW family. It is the little school that could and will continue to be great. To those of you who are posting negative comments please stop. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. It is not what a person of faith would do. Stop trying to sabotage any future enrollment with your nonsense. We are staying and couldn't be happier. We love OLOW.

Posted June 13, 2014
After reading the last 6 reviews I felt that I need to write one also and clarify few things that were stated. This is my first year in OLOW and although I came into the "turmoil of administrative and office changes", this was the best decision I made for all of my four children. The staff and teachers have been wonderful. To all the previous very negative review writers. Rumors are just rumors- don't believe them. I have been volunteering at all of the events not to socialize but to raise money for the school- where were you? It is the same few people over and over organizing and running them , have not seen your face there, so please don't make assumptions and statements that are not true??? The person with enrollment comment- the last time the school was at 249 was in the 1980's, as of today there is 162 students enrolled, I checked today when I was at the school. The dissatisfaction with administrative changes??? what are you dissatisfied with? the new principal, with all the appropriate credentials? Our children are not affected by the few bumps in the road but by the negative parents like yourself. I am looking forward to the new school year. GO OLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted March 14, 2014
I am a product of public school. Times have changed. I have had my children in public school for quite a while to make a credible statement. The level of education that my children have received this first year was above average. The staff has shown outstanding concern for both of my children and they have tutoring available for those students who are in need. The public school that I pay high taxes for did not have full time kindergarten but part time. My public school does not offer tutoring. My children did not learn enough in public school. My younger child at first struggled however at this time has caught up to maintain a good grade. Children in public school do not learn at the same grade level. Ref public school,the child maintains an above average they may be placed in a category where they are learning below grade level as the "teacher" feels the child can't handle it (For Ex:3 different spelling groups). I removed my child from public school as they gave up on my child. They did not give up on my child here.My children do not have IEPs, it may be avail here depending on your child's circumstances if needed.The above is from my own experience.I'm not astaffmember.

Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School 4

Posted March 11, 2012
Learning disabilities are very different from behavioural issues. In my opinion, no one should expect teachers or members of ANY school to correct their child's behavior problems. It is your job as a parent to set an example for such things at HOME so when your children go to school and out into the world they know how to act and treat people with respect. I don't think it's accurate to blame a school for not addressing bahavior problems in children because quite frankly it's not their job. Teachers are there to TEACH children, not step in as a role of a parent while the kids are in school. As far as small classes and such, some students may prefer that. Some, like myself, can't handle large classes and too many people rumaging and pushing through hallways. If you don't feel it's a good fit for your child it is a simple task to change schools. However, I don't really think it's necessary to bash a school just because you didn't have a very good experience. Everyone is different and learns at a different pace and in different ways.

Posted April 19, 2010
I love OLOW and so does my son. He is turning out to be a very smart and articulate young man who has a strong religious foundation and understanding. I wouldn't send him anywhere else.

Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School
114-116 Myrtle Avenue, Port Jefferson, NY  11777
Last modified Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady of Wisdom Regional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top