Port Washington, NY

St. Peter of Alcantara School 2

Posted August 02, 2014
I am not happy with this school, after recently switching schools. The principal doesn't have a clue what he's doing; the curriculum has many holes but is quite repetitive; there is a lot of busywork in middle school; some kids think it's uncool to be smart; the science programs here are deplorable; and my friends and I were bullied here. This school lacks superiority to public school. It doesn't offer anything for advanced students; does a very bad job with students who need help; and is okay for kids who are in the middle. The facilities are pretty bad, too. However , the lower grades are better: the teachers are very sweet, and there are no cliques yet. But overall, I'm glad I switched schools. Although I had some great teachers- even in middle school- St.Peter's never felt like home for me.

Posted September 19, 2013
We transferred our daughter to St Peter's from public school due to the climate of her previous public school's students placing pressure on one another to be a certain size, wear certain clothes and have their parents drive a luxury car. We could not be any happier with St Peter than we already are. The parents, teachers and students are warm, inviting and passionate about their school. The education my daughter has been receiving to St Peters rivals that of public school. My son will be starting Kindergarten at St Peters in 2015. There is no other school I could imagine sending my children to.

Posted March 24, 2010

St. Peter of Alcantara School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
This school is absolutely amazing. It is a jewel. I recommend all families to invest their time and treasure into St. Peter's.

Posted July 30, 2009
I have three children at this school as of September. It is a small, caring environment, with a strong focus on academic excellence and community. The principal, nurse, and teachers have an open door policy and work hard to help the students with their individual needs. There is a strong community feel within the students across grades and between the families.

Posted April 08, 2008

Posted December 06, 2007

Posted February 02, 2005
The Iowa and State tests shows that this might be the best elementary school in Port Washington. Band music is a new extra curricular activity, while CYO basketball and volleyball has been going on for many years. Parents volunteer for different ministries within the school and church functions.

St. Peter of Alcantara School
1321 Port Washington Blvd, Port Washington, NY  11050
Last modified St. Peter of Alcantara School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Peter of Alcantara School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top