PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 12, 2015
We love St. Peter's! We have two kids there now and are so happy with their academic achievements, but even more happy with their development into moral, caring and responsible members of our community. The teachers truly care for their students and the small size allows for kids to have direct and meaningful interaction with the faculty and administration. As with any school, it is what you make of it - there are plenty of opportunities to get involved and newcomers are always welcome. I have heard arguments that catholic school is not worth it given the high taxes we pay, but our investment has yield immediate and valuable results - not too often you can say that. We are proud to call St. Peter's home!

Posted January 11, 2015
Three kids enrolled, and they are all doing great. Happy, loving and engaged families, great academic progress. They are getting a excellent holistic education rooted in Christian values. Small class sizes, teachers and parents who deeply care and are very involved in each child's experience. My thriving children and the loving families we have met make our life in Port Washington all worth it. The new principal is doing a wonderful job. Something like 90% of last years graduates were accepted to high school of first choice.

St. Peter of Alcantara School 2

Posted August 02, 2014
I am not happy with this school, after recently switching schools. The principal doesn't have a clue what he's doing; the curriculum has many holes but is quite repetitive; there is a lot of busywork in middle school; some kids think it's uncool to be smart; the science programs here are deplorable; and my friends and I were bullied here. This school lacks superiority to public school. It doesn't offer anything for advanced students; does a very bad job with students who need help; and is okay for kids who are in the middle. The facilities are pretty bad, too. However , the lower grades are better: the teachers are very sweet, and there are no cliques yet. But overall, I'm glad I switched schools. Although I had some great teachers- even in middle school- St.Peter's never felt like home for me.

Posted September 19, 2013
We transferred our daughter to St Peter's from public school due to the climate of her previous public school's students placing pressure on one another to be a certain size, wear certain clothes and have their parents drive a luxury car. We could not be any happier with St Peter than we already are. The parents, teachers and students are warm, inviting and passionate about their school. The education my daughter has been receiving to St Peters rivals that of public school. My son will be starting Kindergarten at St Peters in 2015. There is no other school I could imagine sending my children to.

St. Peter of Alcantara School

Posted September 16, 2009
This school is absolutely amazing. It is a jewel. I recommend all families to invest their time and treasure into St. Peter's.

Posted July 30, 2009
I have three children at this school as of September. It is a small, caring environment, with a strong focus on academic excellence and community. The principal, nurse, and teachers have an open door policy and work hard to help the students with their individual needs. There is a strong community feel within the students across grades and between the families.

Posted February 02, 2005
The Iowa and State tests shows that this might be the best elementary school in Port Washington. Band music is a new extra curricular activity, while CYO basketball and volleyball has been going on for many years. Parents volunteer for different ministries within the school and church functions.

St. Peter of Alcantara School
1321 Port Washington Blvd, Port Washington, NY  11050
Last modified St. Peter of Alcantara School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8