Queens, NY

Ideal Montessori School 4

Posted June 25, 2012
I have spent my whole life in Montessori. They have trained me since I was a baby to achieve greatness. Now i am in a specialized highschool. All because of my years in that school. So you can take my word for it.An alumni's word. Enroll your child. But as advice you should also enroll your students in an extra classes in their hobby. That is the only downfall of this school. The lack of extra classes besides cooking,singing,and computer.

Posted April 05, 2012
My daughter attends this school and I am very pleased with her performance and with my decision to send her there. Her reading and math skills are beyond her grade level. The classes are small, the teachers and principal are very focused on the academic achievement of the students. Some reviews have complained about the strictness of the school, the fact that there is no after school program or have a gymnasium. If those things are more important for you as a parent then this school is not right for your son or daughter, however if academic excellence is more important I highly recommend this school. I am all for structure and discipline so I applaud the efforts of the principal and staff of Ideal Montessori.

Posted June 20, 2011
I attend this school and the only thing i can say about it is --- BEAUTIFUL!Because the classes are small, children build amazing friendships and get the help they need. I am now in the best teacher's class - Mr. Somayya.This school brings forth only well-rounded and bright students.

Posted June 15, 2009
My daughter is in 1st grade and she has learned soso much compared to her 1st grade friends in public school, her teacher has worked extremly hard w/her students

Posted June 11, 2009
The school is great and way higher in levels of learning than public shcool.Each grade is 1 grade ahead of itself.The teachers are okay but the only really excellent teacher is Mr.Somayya who teaches 7th and 8th grade.Studying is hard to keep up a good average but it gets easier every week.It is close to summer vacation yet the work is the same and finally easier for me now.I love this class because last year i had this wise guy teacher who taught us nothing.Thanks Mr.Somayya, from all the 6th graderrs in your class of 08-09.

Ideal Montessori School 2

Posted May 20, 2009
This school is good academically. However, the instructors are too aged to handle the needs of young children's behavior. They are so anxious about the academics, that they aren't always concious of what's occurring in the classroom. They mix advance students with older children, and this doesn't translate to success. Instead, they should be in age appropriate classes, and given more work if necessary. Lastly, the frequent field trips aren't supervised well. The children are rushed to pre-assigned destinations, and can't truely enjoy the experience. Yes, the classes are small. Yet, without a extracurriclar activities, daily recess and a true gymnasium. This isn't a great environment for a well rounded child. Also, they don't have before or after care. For working parents, this isn't practical.

Posted October 29, 2008
My daughter goes to the school, and enjoys being able to help some of her friends because of how advance she is. Yes they may not have aftre school activities but aleast the kids do learn, and are not concern with what each other is wearing. The great thing about this school is that the kids wear a uniform, the school fees is reasonable and the principal knows every child by name. My son went to public school and i was extremly disappointed with the lack of help from the principal. Now they both go to the same school and enjoy it, although she is in the eight grade and he is in the first grade he love being able to have his sister there. Yes the school may look like a dump but the kids do go on to greatness.

Ideal Montessori School 1

Posted October 15, 2008
This school is by far one of the worst schools i have seen! The teachers are unqualified and have a very archaic style of teaching. The principal is very stern and bears no compassion for the students or parents. The facility is terrible and there are no extracurricular activities. This is not a Montessori school they call themselves a montessori but traditional montessori's are completely different. if you want your child to grow up to be a healthy well functioning adult do not send your child here.

Ideal Montessori School 3

Posted September 28, 2008
This school used to be great , I myself am a former student and i can tell u first hand that the facility is a dump!The school is also in the middle of a dangerous neighborhood.I myself have moved on to a specialized high school and am starting to realize that the talent in the school is slowly going down.It seems as though the principal is lowering her standards to accomodate students that are not very bright.This is why i say this school is slowly becoming worst by each year and after a while it wont b good at all.Take my advice take ur child elsewhere

Posted May 13, 2008
As of date, I agree with parents here. This is an excellent school if you want your child to learn reading, writing, math in there early years, plus they have spanish. In May of 1995 I interview schools for my 3 years old. I had picked out 5 schools and were looking for a few things in the school. Montessori was the first school I went to and was not impressed with the look of the school, I though the prinicipal was too stern, the copiers out dated and I was turn off. I went the other schools for interview and was not pleased because for whatever reason. My decision wasMontessori. There are no candy selling, uniform a plus, tution reasonable, principal knows each student, small sch., My daughter graduate 8 grade going to Bronx Science. My 2 boys also go there with 6 cousins. No more space to write more.

87-41 165th Street, Queens, NY  11432
Last modified Ideal Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Ideal Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top