Queens, NY

Waterside School For Leadership 5

Posted November 06, 2011
To anyone who complains about discipline at this school did not see 225. The kids couldn't even learn at that school. Now the kids are so respectful, they are learning and they are safe. My son has been at the school since the beginning. He has been in newspaper, basketball and visited colleges like Columbia and Temple University. It's great and I thank Ms. Munro and the teachers at Waterside for their great work.

Waterside School For Leadership 3

Posted June 28, 2011
Waterside School for Leadership 318 is a good school and has the potential to be great. The school has teachers that are involved and genuinely care for the students. The school lacks activities like music, dance, language and sports clubs. The school has a principal that concentrates more on discipline and control and lacks on promoting a social and active school environment, in which I think is very important in a child s development. Overall, my child has thrived in this school and its environment. My child s teachers have encouraged and inspired him/her to work hard. I have been impressed with the degree of involvement he/she has taken in his/hers studies and the increase in her schoolwork and knowledge. The school promotes a safe environment however lacks communication with parents and students.

Waterside School For Leadership 4

Posted June 20, 2011
love this school! My daughter is in second grade now and I have had the pleasure to be apart of both ps225 and ps317. I really can't say anything bad about PS225 as my child only attended Kindergarten there, my first experience of being a parent of a child that attends school was shaped at PS225. My experience was not horrible like others. As for WCSS, I can personally attest to how the atmosphere and culture of the school has changed the way students interact with one another as well as how the staff and parents interact with each other. In reference to the comment on academia, If you really were involved and attended just one of the "Family Friday's" or "Coffee with Dana" or "Curriculum Nights" you will comprehend the method of HOW the curriculum is integrated within the Arts, Dance, and Music philosophy of the school. You complain about text books, yet you would prefer your child to "memorize" what is being dictated, rather than learn and apply what is being taught by a different learning style. I dare you to move forward from stagnant thinking and get involved! Side note, to all parents, do your part and make sure this school does not suffer the same fate as it's predecessor!!

Waterside School For Leadership
1-79 Beach 110th Street, Queens, NY  11694
Last modified Waterside School For Leadership is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waterside School For Leadership Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top