Queens, NY

Posted May 15, 2014
An excellent school with a focus on the arts with an outstanding after-school program (Wingspan). The school is relatively small and many children and families know each other. While the school admissions is open to the district, the vast majority of children are from the neighborhood.

Posted May 01, 2014
The Academy of Excellence through the Arts, PS 303 is a very close knit school that nurtures and supports the children as they become well rounded students. With only two classes per grade, all of the students and teachers know each other which lends itself to a great community atmosphere. The student/teacher ratio is way better than many of the schools in the area. The school does lack a library or gym, but it is made up for by the programs and curriculum it provides. My children love attending the school and I would recommend it to anyone who asks.

Posted April 30, 2014
The Academy of Excellence through the Arts, PS 303 is a wonderful experience that every child should have the chance to receive. From the loving staff to the unique and excellent programs offered there contribute to making this a top notch school. My older daughter started in Pre-K the first year they opened. She graduated last June,2013. She misses it tremendously. She enjoyed each and every day of her school days there. Luckily, I have a second daughter there in Kindergarten who wakes up and can't wait to see her teacher everyday. I only wish it went thru to HS.

Posted April 30, 2014
This is a great school for my child. The teachers are very professional and are easy to talk with. Parents are encouraged to volunteer and participate, either on school projects, trips, or even volunteer during the lunch time. The school demands high standards from the children, and the children are able to provide this. I'm very glad my first born has been fortunate enough to attend PS 303, and I'm hopeful that my child's sibling will be able to attend.

Posted April 30, 2014
AEA does an excellent job of using it's resources to bringing students to where they need to be for the third grade ELA/Math Test. Earning the top score in the district in previous years. Reading, writing and math starts in Pre-K here. If your child lags behind in any of these subjects s/he will receive extra help afterschool beginning in Kindergarten. The kids have a rotation of art, drama and other electives (cooking, video star..etc) added to their schedules through the year and starting in the first grade they'll have the experience of putting on a play. All the teachers at PS 303 work hard to get results. Two recommendations I would make for this school. First is that they allow the Pre-K students to have more scheduled free play time and Second, to allocate some resources towards those students who are ahead of the curve.

Academy for Excellence Through the Arts 4

Posted April 30, 2014
Excellent school with caring educators that go above and beyond to see their students excel in all areas. The children love this school because of the many wonderful events and activities they put together. There are productions they put together where the kids partake in reading lines and there's always something exciting going on. In short, if you want to see your child excel and reach their full potential then this is the school to send them to because this school takes their students success very seriously and they work hard to achieve success!

Posted April 29, 2014
We are proud to be part of P.S 303 family. Our kids are getting a great education from such dedicated teachers who challenges them to learn and succeed. I especially love the attention and caring the school gives the students. My kids are very happy there. I wish they could stay there until 5th grade. We feel so fortunate that our kids are able to attend this special school. Mrs. Leto cares so much about the school that she's always thinking ahead of how to make it better. That is why there is such support from parents. We see that she wants what's best for the school and our children. We love P.S 303!!!!!

Posted April 29, 2014
As a parent we always want the best school for our kids. I feel blessed and fortunate that both of my kids were part of this amazing school that offers strong academics and nurturing, warm environment. My daughter has graduated from this school two years ago and my son will be graduating this year. We will miss this school and all the staff dearly.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is a great school very good teachers very clean and very save. This is the best school ever.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is a special school. As an educator, this school excels in so many ways. The teachers that my son has had for kindergarten and 1st grade both have been stellar. The school has this unique balance of keeping students challenged and engaged in learning but doing so in a caring and thoughtful way. The school has become our second family--my son knows all the children, teachers and staff by name due to not only it's small size but because of how engaging and involved the 303 team is at the school. We literally won the lottery when got our spot and so thankful that our son will have strong educational foundation and diverse interests due to the drama, arts, and music incorporated into the experience.

Academy for Excellence Through the Arts
108-55 69th Avenue, Queens, NY  11375
Last modified Academy for Excellence Through the Arts is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy for Excellence Through the Arts Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top