Posted June 23, 2014
My son has been attending Growing Up Green since they first opened. This school is a gem in District 30. We love the philosophy of the school, the teachers are awesome and truly care about the kids.

Posted June 19, 2014
My daughter is in second grade and adores her school. She loves learning, and speaks about all her school projects with great enthusiasm and engagement. She has had wonderful, caring teachers every year, who know how to make learning fun and meaningful. My son will be entering kindergarten this fall, and we are happy to have him join the Growing Up Green Community.

Growing Up Green Charter School 1

Posted May 21, 2014
As the years go on, I am very unsatisfied. Most parents complain about the academic weaknesses of this school, this year they have added more staff and advisers but the school is so mismanaged and unorganized, it really doesn't help. They need to be more aggressive with their teaching methods and have a stronger curriculum. I wince every time I see the homework. This school lacks sufficient programs, variety, sports in non-existent and the After School Programs are ridiculous. It's a good school if you want a close-knit community but if you want an education don't set your foot in here!

Posted December 03, 2013
Our son started Kindergarten last year and had amazing teachers and a great experience. This year he has great teachers and is having another GREAT year! Great friends, great school atmosphere he's excited to go to school and I'm excited he's in this school!

Posted October 30, 2013
Great school, my son started kindergarten here this year, and I can really see progress.

Posted October 27, 2013
My 2 sons goes to this school and what I love about this school is that you could so confident leaving your kids there every day. My older sin is on 3rd grade now and he is been there since Kinder and every year he is been such great progress coming back to school after summer. Since last year coming back on the first day of school was so hard but since last year thanks god for the help of everyone in school his progress are unbelievable he only suffer for the first two days which in the past will take him a month. My younger start Kinder and same thing happen to him with the anxiety of me leaving him there I am so glad that his both teachers in his class they love their students like their own children that for the past weeks he is no longer sad and crying after mommy leave him their. I loved my kids school for everything they are. I will highly recommend this school please try it and you will see it.

Growing Up Green Charter School 4

Posted August 06, 2013
My child was accepted in this school. I like it because it is not to crowded. Looks this is a great school.

Posted August 02, 2013
Teachers and staff in this school really care about kids and parents as well, very aproachable and always ready to listen. Specially got to appreciate it after my son went to camp this summer in one of Astoria's catholic schools. Teachers in charge of camp were rude and narrow minded. It will be so refreshing to go back to our school this fall and wonderful Growing Up Green community.

Posted August 01, 2013
Parents should know that what i loved about this school is that any parent could b very involved with the teachers and school. They help parents and students. They give you a lot support for new students and regular students. My older son will be attending 3rd grade and my little one will be going for Kinder so excited.

Posted June 19, 2013
Wonderful caring teachers. Parents have access to the classroom. Teachers are very approachable. A healthy holistic approach to education that is not all about test preparation.

Growing Up Green Charter School
39-27 28th Street, Queens, NY  11101
Last modified Growing Up Green Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Growing Up Green Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top