Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child is in Kindergarten it has not been full year that he has attended the school. So far I am very satisfied with the school. His class has many school field trips over 10 a year from museums to parks - it is a very hands on approach to learning. Homework is minimal a packet given at beginning of the week has to be handed in beginning of next week, plus reading every night for 15 min. Personally this is what I wanted for my child, as I am not pro homework after a long day in school especially in K. This gives us time for family time, play and reading time during the week. (payed off big time because my son now reads J level books with ease) There are after school programs but he has not utilized them as of yet. The community is tight knit and the parents are very active, and most importantly my kid enjoys going to the school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Just every Monday, don't get anything during the other days of the week of school.

All teachers are so invested in their students that kids love school! Hands-on learning is a great approach

The school has a terrific program with exceptional teachers. The staff work very hard and my child is excited to learn and be there every day.

My daughter is currently in her second year at GUGCS, and we have nothing but great things to say about the experience. She loves going to school, loves her teachers, and has developed confidence in herself. She is learning more and more each day, and most importantly, enjoys learning. Teachers are very warm, enthusiastic, and communicate well. The school encourages parental involvement, and provides a great deal of activities to expose the kids to.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Issues are discussed during morning meeting if relevant to all. The school looks at teaching green values that go hand in hand with caring for our environment

Matthew Greenberg who is the principal has a tendency of reporting parents to ACS , and also sends practically the whole entire school To the board of Ed for evaluations because of course if they find any delay with your child the school would receive extra funding

Our child used to go here. We had to leave because of severe bullying that the Administration refused to address. While I'm tempted to give details here, I'm afraid they're too absurd to sound credible. I write this not as reciprocity but out of concern for current and future students. I will say that the Teachers were spectacular on the whole, but the Administration does not prioritize the safety and well-being of its students.

My son has been attending Growing Up Green since they first opened. This school is a gem in District 30. We love the philosophy of the school, the teachers are awesome and truly care about the kids.

My daughter is in second grade and adores her school. She loves learning, and speaks about all her school projects with great enthusiasm and engagement. She has had wonderful, caring teachers every year, who know how to make learning fun and meaningful. My son will be entering kindergarten this fall, and we are happy to have him join the Growing Up Green Community.

Last modified Growing Up Green Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.