Public charter
Queens, NY

Posted June 12, 2014
My kids go to the Riverton Street Charter School. This school is awesome. They not only press for academic excellence but students go away learning morals and values. Go to one of their moral focus meetings in the morning,..it will bring tears to your eyes. My children are excelling in this school academically and socially. I just love this school. The principal, staff, faculty, even the maintenance crew are so pleasant :) This school to me is a blessing from God.

Posted October 15, 2013
My daughter is currently enrolled in 1st grade, and I appreciate so much the role each and every member of this fine institution play in my child's education. I cannot forget the first day of school every member of the schools team was there to welcome every child on the first day of school("with a smile"), it really touched my heart. Talk about change a change you can believe in well this school has surely reflected that.

Posted October 14, 2013
Riverton Street charter school is a breath of fresh air. Being a parent who was used to the public school system Riverton brings a diverse change that has been needed within the system for a very long time. Students are called scholars and are immediately introduced to their future; College bound. The teachers are dedicated and work tireless hours to ensure that their scholars are fully equipped with all the tools, knowledge and confidence to reach the stars. The staff is always accommodating and the doors are ALWAYS open. Parents are welcomed to participate 100% in their scholars education with no loopholes. The above is just a snippet of the exceptional contribution this school is providing to the community. I am a fan and a dedicated parent that believes in the schools mission! I and many, many more parents( I'm sure) will agree that we are dedicated to our scholars education and will do anything/everything to help them succeed and we believe that Riverton is setting them on the right path. COLLEGE BOUND!!

Posted August 28, 2013
Riverton is a Wonderful school. This school provide my children with high standards, awesome teachers and a great curriculum. As soon as you enter through Riverton doors you can feel the great positive atmosphere. The Principal, Teachers and Staff are always there to help. Its common said "It takes a village to raise a child" I'm glad to have Riverton as part of my village.

Riverton Street Charter School 4

Posted October 04, 2011
I am highly satisfied with the great work that the principal, Mr. Verone Kennedy and the staff do. They strive to involve the parents in the school academics and other extracurricular activities and a lot parents always participate in those activities. I am most thrilled about the moral focus where the students are thought about the virtues like self control and perseverance. The school is only in its second academic year and so far, they have been doing a wonderful job. I hope that they do not relent in their efforts at raising all round excellent kids.

Posted June 14, 2011
Im very please with this school and staff. I love the idea that there theme is College Bound. I remember going to orientation before the school open, and the pricipal Mr. Kennedy, he spoke how he wants all the students not only go to college but the graduate college. That stuck with me ever since. To tell you the truth now the school year is ending I an 1000% satisfied with the Pricipal and staff. My daughter is in 2nd grade doing divison and multiplication. Her reading has improved 100%, and they always want the parents involved in the children homework as well as school work. I love that Mr. Kennedy teaches the student about self control. Love it!!!! GREAT JOB RIVERTON STREET CHARTER SCHOOL.

Riverton Street Charter School
118-34 Riverton Street, Queens, NY  11412
Last modified Riverton Street Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverton Street Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top