Public charter
Queens, NY

Academy of the City Charter School
Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 01, 2015
Students receive their week (M-Th) homework packet every Monday and due Friday. Along with a daily reading log. Seems just right to me

Posted June 01, 2015
i love this school and so do my kids! Current grades 2 and K. Communication is Spectacular. I always get my questions and concerns answered right away. All teachers and staff know all kids by name, very warm, welcoming and very involved! The principal majority of the time hands the kids their breakfast! What school/principal does that! The school is very diverse which i love and appreciate. Also, they allow kids to be kids. I know there are some parents who previously stated that the kids run a muck, well, I believe they allow kids to be kids. Kids are not soldiers and should not be treated as such. There were little things that did bother me , but were addressed very quickly that i can't think of what they are right now. I would strongly recommend this school. It so sad that my kids are only able to attend just this year due to us moving to Atlanta. It seems like nothing will come close to A.O.C.

Academy of the City Charter School 4

Posted June 13, 2014
Ok our school is great.. let's not go over the top everyone giving it 5 stars. It lacks several things parents..and if you're an organized person this School will BUG you. Several events and special days are complete CHAOS. if you have a little one, it makes you uneasy, breakfast time in the morning is also worrisome, kids just run a muck while I don't even know who ''monitors''. I learned fast and starting giving him breakfast at home before and dropping him after.. I was not completely satisfied with Kindergarten teacher either... she was in my opinion, a bit overwhelmed at all times, overlooking several hitting. pushing and fighting incidents. Everyone else and everything else is great.

Posted April 18, 2014
my son has bee at academy from the beginning and is in 2nd grade right now. He loves it. It feels like a family. Everyone is so helpful and accessible. Staff and teachers are amazing. I could t ask for a better school for him.

Posted April 02, 2014
Academy of the city charter are terrific, awesome, professional staff and faculty! Excellent school, my kid learn a lot from kindergarten! He know how to count, how to write and read clearly, he loves this school so much!!!

Posted March 26, 2014
This is a awesome school it's more like a family everyone is so involved with the children's learning all of the staff are great, I know as working parents you sometimes miss a beat or two but not with AOC you will always be on top.They make it helpful with the google group and I must say couldn't have made a wiser choice for my son's education . AOC ROCKS

Posted March 26, 2014
We love this school. The staffs are helpful and friendly, always available to answer your questions. We are very happy with this school. My Child has learn so much and he loves his teachers.

Posted March 26, 2014
My daughter just started attending Academy of The City this year and I can say with all honesty that it was one of the wisest choices we made as far as her education. We had her enrolled in another school but after the open house, we were sold! The educators are top notch, the principle and his administration go above and beyond to be proactive and get to know each family. Even the Board of Administration head shows up for the children's shows and events. Where else do you see that? I really have no downside to add. Sky's the limit with this school. Well done.

Posted March 26, 2014
Awesome school! I love the creativity in the academics and the attention to the social/emotional well-being of the children. The principal is fantastic and has assembled a caring staff. Teachers are enthusiastic, thoughtful, smart and fun. My daughter loves AoC.

Posted March 26, 2014
It is a great school my daughter is in second grade, the teachers, the principal and the entire staff of the school are excellent.

Academy of the City Charter School
31-29 60th Street, Queens, NY  11377
Last modified Academy of the City Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-3
Academy of the City Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top