Queens, NY

Queens Gateway To Health Sciences Secondary School 5

Posted October 15, 2012
"im supposedto go togateway but the principal's (she has an attitude) computer system probably made a mistake and now im not excepted. she cares for no one elses success but hers. she has not a sensitive bone in her body. Even her own staff is afraid of her. ive seen it with my own eyes. if you do go to gateway try to stay away from the pricipal. " It's not the principal who controls all this. I agree the school system is not that great, but it's pretty easy to get in. just have an 85 or above on everything.

Posted September 06, 2012

Posted August 19, 2012
I hate how people get hyped over QGST. I go here, and they don't let the "little kids" do anything with the school. It's boring, too many unessasary rules and all that. I like most of my teachers, but they don't really support you like good teachers should. Most of em anyway. I like it overall.. There is a lot of bullying though, and the counselors seem to shrug it off.

Posted May 21, 2009
QUeens Gateway is an excellent school! I am a graduate of the first class of the millennium! Class of 2000! The Teachers really cared and more importantly, the parents of the P.T.A at the time were dynamic! It is because of those parents why Gateway has their own building. I had the best Teachers and although there were not many extracurricular activities, when I was there, we made our own activities! I was on the Student Council and there was a Track Team and a Boys Basketball team. We were a very close-knit group that had great relationships with the staff and many opportunities to get hosital experience.

Queens Gateway To Health Sciences Secondary School 5

Posted August 28, 2007

Posted August 17, 2007
Queens GAteway is a great school for anyone who is considering the medical field as a future option. THe school has hospital rotation that take place at Queens Hospital Center. The students and families of Queens GAteway are closely tied together by the missions we all want to accomplsih. Even though this school is more directive towards the medical field, students who wish to enter other various fields can also attend too because not only is the school helping students reach out towards the medical fields but it is also helping those students who wish to be successful in other areas as well. I would personally reccommend any student to attend this school for its excenlent security, education, staff and well behaved students too.

Posted November 26, 2006
This school is one of the best schools in Queens. The staff is hard working and because of the effort of the students, the staff get motivated to teach. Even though this school doesn't have as many extra curricular activities, it has AP classes as well as teams and clubs. Everyday this school is trying to be vary in opportunities. With the help of the students and their parents, I think that this school will grow into a successful facility.

Queens Gateway To Health Sciences Secondary School 3

Posted February 03, 2006
This school is horrible.There are no extracurricular activities for the students to participate in.As a student I have told my mother time and time again that the teachers don't put effort into the well-fare or education of the students.When people speak of this school,the first thing that comes to mind is its greatness.Unfortunately,students are just as bad in this school as in any other school. Even though bad behavior takes place in this school,there is also the fact that the drop-out rate is low and the graduation rate high.

160-20 Goethals Avenue, Queens, NY  11432
Last modified Queens Gateway To Health Sciences Secondary School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Queens Gateway To Health Sciences Secondary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top