Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 2,559

Posted July 16, 2013
I'm about to be a junior in this school, and so far the school isn't bad. Since the new prinicipal was in charge of the school. I've seen a lot of changes in the school from freshman year (2011-2012). They're are so much more security guards and they're more strict than before. Some teachers are great and help me with my work while others do not know to teach well. Some of the students at the school don't behave as well as others. But if you surround yourself with the right people and you'll be fine.

Posted October 30, 2012
Flushing High School is a good school. I beleive you get out of a school what you put in to it. Like a lot of schools in NYC, it has struggled with its share problems, receiving poor ratings for academic standards. It was at risk of being closed this past year, but staff, parents, and students rallied to keep it open. My daughter is a senior here now and is thriving. As an honor student, she was able to make good connections with her guidance counselor and teachers, enabling her to excel, despite the issues students around her were having. She is getting offers to many top colleges in the nation, and I give partial credit to the curriculum that she has had at Flushing High School. I am not happy with the principals that the school has had in past years, but the teachers are good. Bravo to the staff that has stood by her and truly cared.

Flushing High School 5

Posted July 21, 2009
this is a very good school. i am student . the teachers are nice and friendly. students are bad. but it is ok nice school

Posted June 08, 2009
My daughter has excelled since transferring to Flushing High School. The teachers and faculty keep me informed as to my child's academics and behavior. I am also informed of any events via mail or telepphone calls about what events are taking place at the school. I am happy with this school.

Posted June 07, 2009
i am a graduating senior at flushing high school and i am here to say that flushing is not a bad school at all. sure like all school there is a negative crowd but if u raise your children to behave and act the way they should you have absolutely nothing to worry about. when i first entered flushing high was a pretty foul place to be. but suprisingly the next year it was cleaned up. as long as your kid is willing to do work then passing will not b a problem. the faculty cares about the students. and football is becoming a really big deal . we jus finished they year 8-2 and we were officially the queens champs . and they have a devoted coach who is very heavy on being good citizens on and off the feild. and he preasures all students to do good . flushing

Flushing High School 4

Posted January 15, 2009
Im a student at flushing h and i think its a good school i really like it.The tachers are good and they let you hav fun.Ma family at first didnt want me to go there but as they saw it wasnt a bad school they let me stay,but overall its a good school.

Posted January 03, 2009
Flushing High School may not be the best choice, but it is not that bad either. In my experience teachers are great and they are always there to help. There are many school activities and AP classes, but in my opinion they should add some more AP classes. Other than that the school it okay.

Posted December 11, 2008
I am a student at this school.I wouldn't recommend any kids to this school.The teachers don't interact with the students enough.The consulars are the worst.

Posted December 06, 2008
I am a senior at Flushing High School and the experience has been fun. The school isn't as bad as people make it sound. I do agree, the school is def, over crowded, The children are rude at time adn so are the teachers. They do however offer alot of AP classes, they just arent advertised. Flushing offers about 20 AP classes in various subjects along with alot of clubs, student activities, and sports. Overall its a pretty good school.

Posted November 30, 2008
I am a student here at Flushing, and it really isn't as bad as they say it is. i moved from Maryland to New York last year, and i am attending my freshman year now at Flushing. I have to admit, the first time i came to Flushing, i was a little scared because i heard they had a bad reputation, but when i actually experienced the school, it was nothing like i heard what it was. the teachers really care about the students and they have a lot of after school activities. its a good school and i really like it. if u were a student who is about to go, or a parent who is concerned about the school for their child, you wont have to worry about it that much.

35-01 Union Street, Queens, NY  11354
Last modified Flushing High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flushing High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top