Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers are lazy and irrepsonsible. THey don't care about the students. I was discouraged and lost my self-esteem. they made me and my family's relationship fell apart. tHey made me embarrass in public. Almost everyone happen for the first time in my entire life

This is the worst high school. I didn't gain any knowledge. Teachers were lazy and made mistakes. They have made my relationship with my family fell apart. I even curse at those counselors on what they did. The teachers are lazy and stupid. My grades were dropped over 10 points after I transfer here. They even care about my personal issue and made it even more worse. My family and I yell often is also becuase of those dumb teachers and counselors.The school is rubbish. They don't know how to organise it perfectly. i did all the work but they still gave me low grade. Students did less work than I but they still gave them higher grades. There were translation classes to translate the subjects in English and Spanish for the students. This is discouraging them to learn English. They are also very lazy, forgettable, and irresponsible. They never answer students' question and never help them. They made other students help them. They also don't care that some students distract the class or use technologies. They made so many elementary mistakes. They also make students do their work on technologies because they are too lazy to teach. Some students left the school and the securities don't care. this also made me to leave the class for being the only one. My self-esteem was discouraged and depressed after leaving this school. It's so dumb that this urban school adults don't know any elementary level works. Also, they take attendences at the end of the class or sometime they forgot to take it. When I have a fieldtrip the next day, my teachers did signed the sheet. Then, they forgot the next day and mark me absent. The principal fire young teachers instead old, irresponsible, and lazy teachers. They reject freshmens instead sophemores, juniors, and seniors. Their regulation is just making the school worse. This is also the reason why this building has more than 3 schools inside.

I'm about to be a junior in this school, and so far the school isn't bad. Since the new prinicipal was in charge of the school. I've seen a lot of changes in the school from freshman year (2011-2012). They're are so much more security guards and they're more strict than before. Some teachers are great and help me with my work while others do not know to teach well. Some of the students at the school don't behave as well as others. But if you surround yourself with the right people and you'll be fine.

Flushing High School is a good school. I beleive you get out of a school what you put in to it. Like a lot of schools in NYC, it has struggled with its share problems, receiving poor ratings for academic standards. It was at risk of being closed this past year, but staff, parents, and students rallied to keep it open. My daughter is a senior here now and is thriving. As an honor student, she was able to make good connections with her guidance counselor and teachers, enabling her to excel, despite the issues students around her were having. She is getting offers to many top colleges in the nation, and I give partial credit to the curriculum that she has had at Flushing High School. I am not happy with the principals that the school has had in past years, but the teachers are good. Bravo to the staff that has stood by her and truly cared.

this is a very good school. i am student . the teachers are nice and friendly. students are bad. but it is ok nice school

My daughter has excelled since transferring to Flushing High School. The teachers and faculty keep me informed as to my child's academics and behavior. I am also informed of any events via mail or telepphone calls about what events are taking place at the school. I am happy with this school.

i am a graduating senior at flushing high school and i am here to say that flushing is not a bad school at all. sure like all school there is a negative crowd but if u raise your children to behave and act the way they should you have absolutely nothing to worry about. when i first entered flushing high was a pretty foul place to be. but suprisingly the next year it was cleaned up. as long as your kid is willing to do work then passing will not b a problem. the faculty cares about the students. and football is becoming a really big deal . we jus finished they year 8-2 and we were officially the queens champs . and they have a devoted coach who is very heavy on being good citizens on and off the feild. and he preasures all students to do good . flushing

Im a student at flushing h and i think its a good school i really like it.The tachers are good and they let you hav fun.Ma family at first didnt want me to go there but as they saw it wasnt a bad school they let me stay,but overall its a good school.

Flushing High School may not be the best choice, but it is not that bad either. In my experience teachers are great and they are always there to help. There are many school activities and AP classes, but in my opinion they should add some more AP classes. Other than that the school it okay.

I am a student at this school.I wouldn't recommend any kids to this school.The teachers don't interact with the students enough.The consulars are the worst.

Last modified Flushing High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.