Bad
Good

I am very pleased and happy with this school. The teachers are very helpful and dedicated. Ms. Sakol and Ms. Perez have been wonderful. This is the first year that my daughter was in a public school, she was anxious and very nervous the first couple of days in the 6 grade. Coming from a catholic school the whole experience was different. She is very happy and enthusiastic about the school and the programs that they offer. Keep up the good job!

bad school. don't know why it got so many 5 star ratings. the children are mean and if you are a parent considering this school for your own kid, DON'T. any sign of intellect or individuality that your child will show will immediately be stifled for the sake of conformity. I graduated here years ago and usually the kids (not all of them, but many) end up after school smoking in front of the nearby CVS and loitering the store. teachers and principal are all generally apathetic. I only know around two teachers who were actually passionate about their jobs and the rest just complained about their jobs and threw worksheets at their students while they texted.

I honestly don't understand how this school has a 9/10 GreatSchools rating. I have attended this school for just one year, and I had to move to a different school district in the suburbs. One this is for sure, I am so glad that I didn't spend my whole middle school career here. Now that I have graduated high school, I can look back and appreciate the teachers and school staff who supported me to be a great student, and none of them are from this school. The school was way too crowded, the students were horribly mean, and I didn't like the school environment at all. By all means, please take a look at a different school.

Since the first day I subbed in this school I was very welcomed. The staff were so nice to me. I liked working in IS25. The teachers are so professional The principal Ms. Beirne is a very wise and comprehensive. She is at the top of everything. She has a view for the school to be the best school in NY. The assistant principals work hard to assist the children and the teachers. The principal and the staff work as a team work to get the best results. I guarantee that the kids enjoy themselves there in addition to the quality of education. I worked there and I do not want to work somewhere else. I applied for a child in the family to attend in this school because I trust everybody. They have a nice ESL department to serve immigrants. Best wishes to all the children in IS 25.

I.S. 025Q is a good school. Teachers are nice and good. I love this school.

Amazing school! Energetic & caring staff. Care for the student educationally and emotionally. Great prep for high school. Dance, and other talents great for kids! New principal has great vision.

I love this school. The teachers are young and very dedicated and they are like the kid's pals but get the job done. They make it fun for the kids. The faculty is amazing at how helpful they are and care about your child. Mrs. Brennan is an amazing assistant principal. I totally recommend this school. I wish it went up to HS.

IS 25 is a great school with talent classes for all grades and a terrific support staff for all. They prepare you for HS and i loved it for both my kids.

well, this school is really great they have time for school work and extra time to do what they want, teachers for example like Ms. Carter are really nice and help a lot the kids just need to understand, there are no bullys in the school and its a perfect school to be in highly recommend this school!!

The teachers in this school are doing an amazing job despite an administration that, frankly, is questionable at best. As a parent of two students (both graduated) I have had the opportunity to observe the school for some time. The principal is difficult to work with but teachers work very hard to compensate and give students a good education. With a few exceptions, the majority of teachers are highly qualified and very dedicated. With more parent support and a new principal this school would thrive. There has been an increase in extra activities.

Last modified Is 25 Adrien Block is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.