Posted July 01, 2014
This School is doing better and better,has great teachers and an excellent Prinicipal Ms White,also the assistant principals they work very hard

Posted June 29, 2014
This school is the best my son graduate with honors also with National society junior , he did very good never had a problem , thanks to mIss white to make this school a better place for kids , assistant principal miss sherley miss adams my randol, all the teacher from 6 grade to 8 grades in the Arp clases I will miss you all I miss a part of my sould since my son graduate I feel the school like my second home that the way I feel like I went there to study instead of my son , no jokes I really wlll miss you guys the awards and all your good compliments towards parents and the kids I feel like I am moving to another state when son graduate I feel for all of you I love you guys will always be in my heart a proud mother of ms226 2014 my son graduate with Honors I will recommend this school to all parents who want a better place future for the kid MSS 226 has demonstrated the best os caring for the kids with afterschool program and good teachers

Jhs 226 Virgil I Grisson 4

Posted September 12, 2013
STUDENT: I LOVED this school!!! I'm currently and sophomore in high school and still can't stop talking about all the good times I had here. I had so much fun and had really good ARP teachers (Advanced Regents Placement). I had mrWood,mrMoses mrSugrim,mrAngelo and more but those were my favorite especially mrWood. He cared so much about everyone and really wanted us to learn. He didn't even give up on the kids who didn't care themselves and he made everyone in my class pass the math test with a 4 and only two people in my class got a 3 no one got lower. My friends and I had so much fun joking around and I enjoyed it. But i wasn't always this happy. My 6th grade year was really bad. But it wasn't just me, eveyone said their 6th grade year was bad. I believe it cause 6th graders tried to act cool and didn't know anything until they got to 7th grade. Sixth grade won't be fun (except for the massive amount of trips! I went on 16 in just 6th grade!) but don't transfer out cause of that. TRUST me by 7th grade you'll love it. I highly recommend this school. Had lots of fun and learned a lot

Jhs 226 Virgil I Grisson 3

Posted April 01, 2013
A blue ribbon school is born from the hard work of the village, including the neighboring community of the school. When there is no community, as it does take the village, climbing the mountain to success is near impossible. For whatever reason, most middle school parents do not comprehend that their presence in the school and their strong involvement is a necessary component in reaching the acme of success for their child and for the school. This will NEVER come to be when there are four or five parents at a PTA meeting or when their is an emergency meeting about another school colocating in our building and less than 40 parents of more than 1300 are present. Parents take back your school and make it a real community school where lifelong learners are molded. I am in my 47th year of teaching, 22 at MS 226Q and I have established relationships with students and parents far beyond the school house doors. My students are now attorneys, Doctors, teachers who work with me now and I also have a former student who is now a pilot. We can do this parents. Francine Davis

Jhs 226 Virgil I Grisson 1

Posted February 08, 2013
MS 226 is not a great school at all. They have kids drinking and smoking in the school and nothing is being done. I am the parent of a 6th grader also and he is very well raised!!!!!! The teachers give up on students and don't want to teach them. My son gets homework like twice a week and is being taught things that a 4th grader will be learning. Sometimes it will be 8:30 am and crowds of kids are hanging out in front of the school. The schools hides the bad things that happens so that the board of Ed won't find out. Parents that raise there kids right and with respect should have there kids attend a school that is SAFE!!!!! Some people think this school is good that is funny because this school has a failing grade and is not safe!!!! So please stop the nonsense in trying to back this school up.

Jhs 226 Virgil I Grisson 3

Posted February 04, 2013
I am a parent of a child in elementary school, middle school and high school. I am also a teacher in Brooklyn. It is extremely difficult holding down a full time job and being a single parent. My child is a 6th grade students and is doing very well in MS226. Her teacher is extremely helpful, personable and is always their in supporting me with my child's education. I find today that most parents do not take responsibility for their childs education. It is not totally the schools responsibility. Parents need to support the teacher. Parents are the first teachers, and without the proper guidance and support from HOME it will be very difficult for any child to succeed. So parents start taking responsibilty for your child and support the teachers who are their caring for your precious little ones for 7 hours a day. Remember you have 1 to 5 children, the teachers have 30!

Jhs 226 Virgil I Grisson 4

Posted February 01, 2013
During the week of Monday January 21, 2013 to Friday January 25, 2013, various students who graduated from MS. 226 last year returned to tell our stories of our high school experience and how it was like to attend school at MS. 226 last year. We visited both seventh and eight grade classes & discussed with them our experiences in high school so far. All of us had been students in the Advanced Regents Placement classes (ARP)at MS 226. We shared why it was so great to be in an advanced eighth grade class because you get to the take your regents examination early and earn credits even before entering high school. We are all currently enrolled in awsome high schools. The students were receptive to our advice and liked having us there as guides as we were just in their shoes a year ago and could relate to how school is for them now! We also explained how great of a leap Ms. White has granted to us, and how they should work hard in ALL classes. All of us were glad to be back in our old school once more and were ecstatic that we were able to answer questions about our high school experience so far . We love MS 226 and visit often to assist in the school's library.

Posted January 31, 2013
I am a teacher at MS226 for the past 10 years. MS226 is up to date with the new educational policies. MS226 is up to date with preparing our curriculum to align with the new common core standards. The majority of the teachers here at 226 work extremely hard in their classrooms and have a great raport with students. Sincerely, a dedicated teacher of 226, Ms. Pisano

Jhs 226 Virgil I Grisson 2

Posted January 17, 2013
I am a mother of an 11 yr old. My daughter complain to me all the time about this school,this is her first year there and she already wants to transfer. I asked her why, she said she doesn't like the teachers and the students there are annoying.She has Mrs White as her 6 grade teacher and my child say she says things to student that a teacher shouldn't say. ever other day she talk about transferring. So I am looking into it now.I know this school is a failing school a "D" grade it shouldn't be a problem of transferring her. I did some research on no child left behind.

Jhs 226 Virgil I Grisson 2

Posted December 07, 2012
This school still needs a lot of work. The staff sometimes discipline the good kids for minor infractions (like not wearing their uniforms) to scare off or set an example to the bad kids to show that the school is enforcing a no tolerance policy, while the real bad kids are making a mockery of the entire school with violent bullying and uncontrollable mayhem. The Principal and some staff members have great intention for the school, but lacks total support from the entire school to bring about drastic and immediate changes or improvements.

Jhs 226 Virgil I Grisson
121-10 Rockaway Boulevard, Queens, NY  11420
Last modified Jhs 226 Virgil I Grisson is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jhs 226 Virgil I Grisson Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top