Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

You don't do nothing in this school you can walk the halls don't get in trouble for nothing.

This school has a multitude of options to cater to each and every students personal interests there are many slc's to choose from and even more clubs and activities to participate in.

This school is horrible. Everyone is so judgmental and if you get hurt the teachers don't do anything about it. It smells like weed all over.. I'm going to Francis Lewis HS next year and i'm very happy.

I attended Adams all four years and i thought it was great. The teachers are extremely helpful with all student request. I was able to achieve a lot and excel. My grades were always 85-95. Students complained about some of the teachers who were a tad bit harsh, but they really helped in the ,long run. I am so thankful that those teachers really pushed me to do better and become more independent. One of my teachers who really influenced me used to give us a dictionary when we asked how to spell a word instead of just telling us, he wanted us to take advantage of the great things we had around us. John Adams really helped me become mentally ready for the future. They helped me grow and become more mature and independent. I am so grateful to have attended John Adams, they're an amazing school.

The diverse population encourages the students to accept each other more naturally. The cultural differences allow students individual acceptance from each other without conflict, in most circumstances. John Adams High School also offers students a larger variety of teams and clubs, some of which are new and original. From the many team sports such as swimming, track, basketball, football, soccer, and volleyball among others, to the many clubs such as drama, art, the band, the yearbook and newspaper to the many organized activities, including the multicultural events, school dances, shows and one of the newest, our very own cheerleaders! John Adams offers both academics and extracurricular enthusiasm to its students, throughout the school year!

I beleive that the teachers in this Adams really care about their students. They are dedicated and make the effort to help their students succeed. The problem is that there are many students, as well as their parents who don't take the time or make the effort to succeed in school. I order for student to achieve in school they have to their work, study and if they need the help ask for it. The teachers are ready to help them.

very good the school is not bad its the content in the school the students must try harder

I am so sick of hearing that the teachers, administration and staff aren't doing enough. It's time parents take responsibility for their kids. There is only so much they can do. Some parents wait until their kid is 18 before they question why they only have 20 credits. Parents, start taking interest in your kids education.

Worked at Adams for a short time. Great school. Grossly overcrowded despite the fact that most freshmen go to the annex. Most teachers are really caring and dedicated to both the students and to the subject matter. Ocassionally the administration appears to be overwhelmed. Statistics don't tell the whole story. Many of the students attending the school are academically deficient yet teachers are expected to bring these students up to the state's standards in a year or so. The teahers do the best they can, but there is just so much that can be done. I am giving this school a four star rating. If the school were to receive more supportive services, it would rank five stars.

I attended this school for my Junior & Senior year and really like it. The students make the school and even they were bullies keeping busy made me focus on other things.

Last modified John Adams High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.