Ps 2 Alfred Zimberg 2

Posted October 30, 2014
Communication is horrible. If I want information I have to call the office. Half the time I call I'm placed on hold while they try to find out the answer. I'm talking about simple things like, are the kids allowed to wear costumes on Halloween. It's the day before Halloween, we should already know! I find the teachers I've dealt with to be the type that just want to clock in and clock out. I STRONGLY disagree with their policy of birthday celebrations for the young grades (no celebration at all for the older students). Grouping everyone together once a month and excluding parents is a horrible policy and does not make me or my child feel part of a school family. They hardly go on trips. They say their primary focus is education but the work my kid is doing is a joke. I am all for strong academics, which they lack anyway, but they're missing the mark with allowing parent involvement (except for the select few) as well as a whole world of educating children outside of reading from a text book.

Posted December 18, 2012
Good and safe school overall. There is a great family feel. My daughter is happy in the school and it feels like home.

Ps 2 Alfred Zimberg 1

Posted December 17, 2012
This school is the epitomy of what can go wrong in a public school. Lazy and incapable administration and staff . The entire staff needs a lesson in manners and how to be true professionals, from the administration to the teachers to the school aides. At lunch time the aides all gather round and talk leaving the chidlren to fend for themselves in the mayhem of the cafeteria! They never take the children out to the playground during lunch. The staff is jaded and set in their ways.

Posted September 03, 2011
Ps 2 is the greatest school in queens I really chocked when I read that some parent don't like it , from my experience I always see the principal and his assistant around also there always communication between me and my son teacher, over roll after 3 years in this school I find this school is one of greatest school in queens .

Ps 2 Alfred Zimberg 4

Posted September 02, 2011
PS 2 is a really good school. My son has been going there from kindergarten and he is entering 2nd grade this year. My son's kindergarten and first grade teachers were amazing. It is true they don't go on many trips which I hope will change this year but overall the school is definitely a good one and I am very pleased with my son's education experience so far.

Ps 2 Alfred Zimberg 2

Posted June 06, 2011
I don't like Ps2Q it is not a good school in many ways. The principal doesn't pay any attention to special ed program there. He doesn't even greet special education parents or children. My son is enrolling the special education program in the school since 2007. The speech service is not good one either. The speech teachers too busy doing everything else but teaching lessons. They only do care about general ed population and don't pay any attention to special ed kids. They forget about the funding they get for special ed children in the school.

Ps 2 Alfred Zimberg 1

Posted May 25, 2010
I don't think P.S. 2 is such an amazing school!!!!!!there is lack of communication btwn.parent/teacher..The principal,is never around......it's to overcrowed in the classes,they don't take the children on any field trips,and they also don't help the children so much in academic wise...to each there own..I mean w/so many kids they have no-time!!!very unorganized in all their events,....i wouldn't let my son thru 5th in here......i give it a 2!!!!!!!

Ps 2 Alfred Zimberg 0

Posted April 22, 2010
This is one of the best school , my son ever go to. He loves his teacher, he loves his school so much that he ever miss the school. The stuff is so good that I really love to go to & talk to them for any issue. Well I am so lucky that , my so go to this school , I am looking forward to send my other sons to send them in this school. Kabir Ahmed,

Ps 2 Alfred Zimberg 0

Posted April 08, 2009
This school is nothing but the best ,my children love it here and i trust it,its so safe i recommend it to all you mothers and fathers

Posted October 09, 2008
I have been involved with P.S. 2 for a very long time. It's a great school with a great family feel. Everyone looks out for one another. The teachers are amazing. They truly care about each child as an individual.

Ps 2 Alfred Zimberg
75-10 21st Avenue, Queens, NY  11370
Last modified Ps 2 Alfred Zimberg is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 2 Alfred Zimberg Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top