Posted September 29, 2014
Love this school, principal and both assistance principals are great! Teachers are on top of the students to get their work together and be better and what they do.

Posted October 03, 2012
I was a student here many moons ago and now my children attend this school as well. The staff here is very polite and attentive. Principal and Assistant Principal are always around and readily available. I'm a proud parent because I know my children will excel thanks to the attention and care for my children on behalf of all the staff that make up this AMAZING school.

Posted November 26, 2011
My son was in PS 20 and he absolutely loved it there. Starting with the principal, guidance counselor Ms. Glickman, paras, pta, security guards, lunch personnel. Everyone in this school made my son feel welcome and very loved. My son left because he went from a 12-1 class to a collaborative class in another school. This class was not offered in PS 20. I wish it would've been , because my son really misses his old school. I as a parent miss dealing with the wonderful staff in that school.

Posted July 18, 2011
My son was in Pre-K 2010-2011, he enjoysed his first year of school very much. He also like to play teacher/students games at home, of course, he likes to play teacher...his father and I were very impressed. When summer break started, my son kept asking me why he doesn't have to go to school or he wants to go to his teacher's class. He miss his school life very much. A lots of thanks to Ms Soin, Ms Mema which brought and taught a lots to my son from school.

Ps 20 John Bowne 1

Posted September 15, 2010
I still can remember on the first day of Pre-K programs when we send our kids to PS 20, they kept changing the school's schedule until Sept. 13, 2010 Monday, My husband even asked me why are they kept changing the schedule??? I had no answer for him. I really don't want to see my son keep suffering the sorrow of going to school, Please do something to stop the sitatution that happened this morning. I want my son go to school happily but not in a condision that adults are shouting and yelling in front of him at the beginning of the day! Thanks.

Posted September 14, 2010
This is a great school teachers and staff work as a team, and all students are great too, they have good discipline. Teacher are so nice with students. This school is nice community with students and teacher from every where around the world. assistant principals are very nice with students.

Ps 20 John Bowne 0

Posted March 04, 2010
Security is good, staff all right, don't know about other teachers but a 2nd grade teacher mrs lucas is bad, she causes trouble and aggravation, she talks irrelevant stuff all the time, no real help, and she's obsessed with dress code, i don't think schooling is the right job for her

Ps 20 John Bowne 0

Posted October 29, 2009
I use to like the school back then when my son was there. I have a daughter there now and is not the same. To much politics going there. Principal has not reached out to parents about genders or stuff that goes on with the school. I recently heard we lost our Parent Coordinator and I am truly upset that I was not inform either by phone or a letter. When school needs something from parents they are quick enough to send a letter home. I also use to participate in the PTA, but after some drama stuff I decided to not help out in the PTA. I do not see why if I put my opinion in and I am not heard.

Posted August 28, 2009
i like this school because teachers are polite!

Posted April 29, 2009

Ps 20 John Bowne
142-30 Barclay Avenue, Queens, NY  11355
Last modified Ps 20 John Bowne is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 20 John Bowne Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top