Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

The teachers I've had seem to have too little homework. I have tons of free time at home and homework takes only about 20 mins -1 hour. Depends if its a project. Especially near the end of the year, its basically no homework. I'm happy tho but my parents think there should be more.

I a parent to a second grade student in the school I will recommend this to anyone that I know this is such a great school.but this year my son second grade teacher is constantly yelling at the students from the moment they walk in to the moment they leave the classroom.my personal opinion I feel like if you don't have the patience to deal with 2nd Grade anymore you should really learn to retire your job as a teacher is to courage to kids to want to learn more.why you yelling at the kids are making them not want to learn..I think the principal needs to rethink this teachers work ethics...the teachers name is Mrs Doton..the type of person she is she'll send note home telling you that your kid is doing this and doing that but once you're up front with her should change the whole story around and tell you that your kid is a wonderful student and your child doesn't give her no problems whatsoever she's a very two faced person be careful when your child has this teacher. other than her I would recommend the school tell anyone that I know

Great school....................... Teachers of this school are very responsible, Educational system is very good. My two children are in this school in G & T programm.The best thing of this school is "The Three B's" .

PS21 is a great school. My daughter loves this school. They have many fundraising activities such as movie, game and pizza nights to name a few. The guard Ms. Juana really does a good job and loves children.

I attended PS 21 in the 1960's to 1970's, then JHS 185, then Flushing High, and St. John's University Law School, and went on to become a lawyer so I can't complain. There were some unusual things going on in the school back then, but I have mainly good memories of my school days, and the teachers there for the most part.

My son came here when he was in Pre-k. I wasn't happy with PS 21, had the opportunity to switch school to PS 242 near Pathmark(Best thing I ever did for my kids). So, for kindergarten - 3rd grade. both my kids attended PS 242. PS 242 only went up to 3rd grade. When 4th grade came around I decided to put him back to PS 21 hoping for the best. Hi is back in PS 21, I have issue all around. My son got sick and they never notify me, they wouldn't look up my work no, They only call the house. Why would you call the house if you know majority of parents both work? So the next day I went to the nurse room and ask to change the emergency contact on the sheet to my work, she does not change her sheet. Another is the teacher. She only gives out math assessment tests(which is once a semester and she never sends it home), she barely checks the homework or goes over it, and student grade is based only projects. One project or two projects at a time; on top of the abundance of homework. Poster making is unnecessary, just as long as they show they understand what is needed for the common core. Had a meeting with the assist. principle and teacher. Don't think it made any impact.

PS21 Q.. I am a parent of 2 kids who both have been in the school since Pre K . The teachers do the best they can with the budget and class size.There is a mix of great caring teachers mostly the newer patient ones with older impatient teachers who in my opinion should retire. Unfortunately due to the politics they just get rotated to other subjects or grades which is unfortunate for the children. The lunch aides serve no purpose since they are either yelling at the kids or gossiping with each other. And yes I have passed by on several occasions with other moms and we have seen this. Pre k -2nd grade was wonderful as well as the GFT teachers.

The school promised the world but did not deliver. We are totally disappointed with the teacher in charge of the G & T class in Kindergarten. She was mediocre at best and my daughter could not hear her voice when she was teaching. She was poor at teaching Mathematics and we don t think she understood the concept herself. She sent my daughter bunch of homework but did not even mark them. We decided to move our family and try another school.

so happy with this school words cannot describe! my son is in pre-k loves it! and is exceling beyond my belief! he was just accepted to the gifted and talented program so siked!

The teachers in this school are Amazing! It is a very well organized and well developed school!

Last modified Ps 21 Edward Hart is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.