Bad
Good

Ps 29 3

Posted January 22, 2014
I like this school but coming from the school system in Maryland, it's not the best. I have a child in Kindergarten and I love his teachers. He's been learning a lot and enjoys himself very much. My second grader however, his teacher just has too many students. So I feel that the teacher simply doesn't give each child the attention they deserve. He's learning and enjoys school but I just wish classes were kept smaller. Overall it's a decent school with very nice and helpful staff. Also, they desperately need to come up with a vehicle drop off and pick-up system because it gets ridiculous with the double parking.

Posted April 22, 2013
I am a parent in this school. I have nothing but good things to say for the principal and her staff. They have been good to my daughter and my husband and me are very happy. They welcome us and make our daughter feel at home. The teachers are hard working and caring and so is the Principal. My daughter performd in plays last year and this year with the drama program and loves to come to school.

Ps 29 1

Posted April 19, 2013
Progress Report 2011-12 Student Progress: C 28.8 out of 60 Closing the Achievement Gap:2.8 out of 16 Schools receive additional credit for exceptional graduation and college/career readiness outcomes of students with Disabilities,

Posted April 18, 2013
P.S. 29 is an amazing school. Teachers are very qualified and are such diligent workers. Teacher at this school go above and beyond to offer rigorous instruction to all students. The administration is amazing; the amount of professionalism really shines through how well the school is run. Administration always supports teachers and offers families and their children pure excellence. Families are always informed as to what is happening in their child s classroom and are offered an array of resources of they can support their child at home. There is a 100% open door policy that goes along with both administration and teachers. This school really excels with having a transparent relationship and their goal is to make all students successful. The school is also spotless!!! One of the cleanest schools I have ever seen.

Posted April 17, 2013
In my experience with PS 29 I could not disagree more with some opinions I've read on here. No school is perfect but the experience I have had with the Special Ed department has been overwhelmingly positive. They work hard in the best interest of the student in sometimes challenging situations. My point being that they put the kids first and that is all that matters to me. As for the principal, I think she is doing a very good job. She does not seem to me the way some have noted here, but guess there will always be someone to complain. I am very happy with PS 29 :)

Posted September 17, 2009
I love P.S.29 It is a great school where teachers and staff really take care of our kids. My son is now 15 years old and he graduated from P.S. 29 all the valuable things he learned is helping him succeed in H.S. My doughter graduated from there last year and she still loves to visit the school. We really love the school and of course P.S 29 should be number 1.

Posted June 19, 2007
The new Principal is a true leader who values diversity, encourages parent involvement and rallies the community towards voluntary work at the school. If she accomplished so much in one year, I am curious to see what she can accomplish over a couple of years.

Posted May 30, 2007
P.S. 29 is a great school, Mrs. Adams is a great leader and she is involved in every event. She is not just the Principal, but a friend to the students and parents. This is truly a dream school with wonderful teachers, PTA & Parent Coordinator.

Posted October 12, 2006
This has got to be the best kept secret in the educational system of NYC, IT IS ABSOLUTELY OUT OF A DREAM BOOK !!! As you enter, security, parent coordinator, teachers, leadership and everyone you see have only one thing on their minds, our children, thanks a bunch !!!

Posted March 30, 2006
P.S. 29 is a quality school with very professional teachers.

Ps 29
125-10 23rd Avenue, Queens, NY  11356
Last modified Ps 29 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.