Queens, NY

Posted October 09, 2014
This school is absolutely horrible. DO NOT send your child there. The principle or vice principle do not care about your child. They rather keep their name clean than give the parent or child the care they deserve. This school definitely should be cleaned out starting from the top. The principle bringing the kids into the school in the mornings is all a so people can feel like she's doing something. If your child is bullied in this school forget even going to them cuz they honestly don't care. No one helps you at all. I hope this school gets a turn over of management the principal has got to go.
2 people found this helpful

Ps 34 John Harvard 3

Posted May 28, 2014
The principle is rude and has her favorite children, and parents. She does not want to be bothered with anything. There are some good teachers. Then there are some teachers that are always yelling at the students and treating them badly. This school needs a good clean out....the principle needs to be removed and some of the teachers as well.....I am still hoping to get my child out of this school....I will try my best.

Ps 34 John Harvard 2

Posted November 26, 2013
Faculty and Staff are rude and discriminative. It's very obvious the principal has favorite kids. She would only remember her favorites by name and would get optimum attention from her. The parent- teacher coordinator looks friendly and helpful....you think!!! She is only nice in front of you as soon as you turn your back she will start judging you and gossip about you. Teachers are so young i don't even know if they are experienced qualified teachers. My son has a classmate in his class who doesn't even know how to write yet. Imagine at 1st grade!!!!

Posted August 28, 2013
The turnover of teachers is a clear representation of the school climate and its leadership. Look closely at how many teachers have actually stayed there - how many are RUNNING away? Many of the teachers of the strong teachers have had just enough of the poor leadership created by Mrs. Pauline Shakespeare. She is belligerent, opinionated and judgmental. She loves to talk about parents as if she is she has been crowned "parent of the year." She gossips about her staff. This is a sinking ship. There are some strong teachers still on the roster - but due to Shakespeare's favoritism and rudeness, their self confidence is beaten down to a pulp. You are more than welcome to register your child at P.S. 34 - but be warned - Shakespeare does not like parents. Initially, you will be embraced with open arms - but god forbid that you have a question, you will be incarcerated and deemed as a difficult parent. After 1 year of school, for the sake of my children, it was imperative that I find them a new school. DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE!!!

Posted May 16, 2013
I feel that the principal and facility members are doing thier best with the children pf P.S.34

Posted April 03, 2013
This school is horrible in my opinion. The office staff are very rude. They are not friendly or professional in the least bit. While enrolling my daughter in thsi school for the first time, Ms. Shakespear seemed very involved, caring and friendly. However, on my daughter's first day of school, Ms.Shakespeare grabbed a child who apparently was scared due to the first day of school as he was crying and held onto his mother's leg. After grabbing the boy, he told mom that she needed to go in an unpleasant tone. I couldn't believe it. Even teachers and other parents looked at her as though she lost her mind. Some of the teachers are very nice, i must say. The majority of the staff need sensitivity training and attitude adjustments though.

Ps 34 John Harvard 5

Posted January 26, 2013
This is a very great school, staff are very supportive and helpful. The principal is a woman of quality, very respectful and caring..our family is supposed to relocate and we are waiting until our child graduate, because we want her to be an example of P.S 34..

Posted January 22, 2013
The Principal in this school Mrs Shakespere need to be removed from this school all she knows how to do is yellat the kids in the school as if she is their parent, she is disrespectful and never resolves a problem, she encorages the bullies in this school,she brags about the school being an A school i beg to differ, that school has nothing but bad kidsin there.

Posted September 05, 2012
I love this school..the principal Ms. Shakespeare is wonderful...She cares about her student...She push the student to do the best they can...My daughter has been in this school since kindergarten and I am very satisified. I had a couple experience where I did not appreciate how a teacher handle a child; however,it does not reflect on the principle. Anytime I needed something to be address the principal give her immedate attention.

Posted June 29, 2012
Admissions staff was very helpful in making sure they follow up with me in regards to my son being selected to attend kindergarden in the fall. I am excited that he has been chosen for this school since it is rated a good public school compared to others within the area.

Ps 34 John Harvard
104-12 Springfield Boulevard, Queens, NY  11429
Last modified Ps 34 John Harvard is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 34 John Harvard Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top