Bad
Good

One of the worst school.Every day they have complained for no reason. They force you to send your child to a social wotker.Most of the teacher's are very rude. Without any legitimate reason, they send my child to another worse school, but the funny thing is they keep al off the supplies which is close to more than 50 dollars. ...isn't it kind of stealing??? May God bless them.

My 2 daughters are currently enrolled in this school. The school is wonderful. The principal, Mr. Dempsey, seems to know the names of every student enrolled in this school. He would do stuff I wouldn't imagine other principals would do like helping the teachers get their car out of the snow by shoveling for them, greeting children every morning outside the school in the snow. I would get a positive call from him (on my daughter/s) on a Sunday! My children had the best teachers like Ms. Fredrick, Mr. Licata and Ms. Valte. The security guard is strict but friendly (except to out-of-control parents). Ms. Lloyd, the Parent Coordinator is a darling and very helpful. The PTA is ok, They worked hard this year, but I think they have to improve the way they present themselves to the students and parents. I think they have to act in a more professional manner (not chewing gum while addressing parents and the children!). My daughter had a 3 in ELA and a 4 in Math last year. My kindergartner jumped more than 10 levels in reading from September. I wished this school was a K-12 school so my daughter won't have to go anywhere for MS and a G&T program so my daughter can stay for first grade.

My son will be entering Kindergarten this fall . I have two other children in another school which my son did not get into. I recently registered my son at ps.35 and so far I'm pleased with the appearance of the school, the staff seemed friendly and I had the oppertunity of meeting the principal who seemed very involved and approachable. The parent coordinator was welcoming and happy, she made my son feel very comfortable.

P.s.35 is amazing. My daughter graduated last year with great academic scores and passed the ela and math exam with high scores. The principal cares for his students and staff and. Calls to give you updates on your child. Love this scbool and my daughter loved it too. She is now in the honors program at her jhs and has a 90 average and that is because p.s.35 prepared her for her new challenges.

Both of my boys went to this school and they loved it there. Mr Dempsey was always great to my boys and took very good care of the school. We now live upstate NY and my boys always talk about their years at PS 35.

As I read all the glowing comments about Mr. Dempsey all I can do is shake my head. All of those comments can be true as long as you agree with what he says. My son has been in P.S. 35 for three years and for the most part I had no problems with him until I didn't go along with what he wanted me to do. The end result was me getting an ACS case.

My daughter has been a student at P.S. 35 since kindergarten. I have no complaints. The only complaint that I have was with a particular parent and Mr. Dempsey settled it and corrected the issue. He made these years very very easy. He listens to his students and listens to the parents. He is a very positive leader which makes his staff a wonderful staff to deal with. I will miss this school wish it went all the way to eighth grade : ) P.S. 35 of hollis queens is the best elementary and thank you for these great years. Regarding the negative review - If a parent has had any problems they should make an appointment with the principal or teacher they will help you and your child.

You all must be talking about another school because that has not been my experience for the last year since my chils started this school.

P.S.35 is the most wonderful school I have ever come across. It is under the administration of one of the most incredible principal- Mr. Mark Dempsey. He takes extreme care of the children. He is very cooperative and he coordinates very well with the parents. His extreme dedication and hardwork for the school will one day lead the school to reach on top. The staff is also good.

I have served the PS 35 school community for the past thirteen years. I love working in this community. The parents, students and staff work together. It is our village.

Last modified P.S. 35 Nathaniel Woodhull is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.