Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted March 09, 2016
This school is AMAZING. I truly feel like it's like my 2nd family. School staff and teachers are welcoming, caring and nurturing. The parent coordinator is ONE OF A KIND! Being a parent at PS41 has spoiled me and no other school can compare. My children have received a GREAT education and are well loved and taken care of. Parents of the school are super involved and work really hard to provide our kids all the extras. I could not have asked for a better elementary school for my children.

Posted December 28, 2015
If you are looking for an academically driven environment where test scores and large amounts of homework rule your life, this is the school for you. If you like a more nurturing environment where the principal knows your child by name or if your child needs a bit of extra help or wants any free time after school or on the weekend, then run for the hills! They should make Barbie dolls of the PTA members as a fundraiser... Plastic and painted on smiles all day!

Posted August 12, 2012
PS41 has a warm and nurturing atmosphere that truly puts children first. I was surprised to find such a place within the huge NYC school system, but this is a school with a small-town feel. Parents are very involved, and welcome. Mrs. Latto runs a tight ship, the kids are well behaved, and most importantly they learn. As in any school, some teachers don't click with some kids - my daughter had one in particular that just wasn't a good fit for her. We all worked harder that year, but I always felt we had the support of the principal and we had reinforcement from the reading teacher. The most important things are that the children are safe, supported, and a priority for everyone. The PTA is dedicated and highly involved - there are always petty complaints from those who are not that involved, but they are just that, petty. This is a great school in an age when great schools are kind of hard to come by.

Posted October 28, 2011
I feel that the school has changed greatly,, there are new teachers replacing the old teachers!! And of course once our kids get use to the new teacher, they go out on maternity leave!! There is no stability anymore. Kids need stability.. And let's not start on the PTA!!! Horrible they think they control the school and tell everyone what they need to do. They seem to be only nice to you when they need help!! Let's get something straight... All you PTA crazies get a life ...

Posted September 14, 2010
PS 41Q is a fantastic school. The principal, Mrs. Latto is committed to making the school one of the city's best. The teachers and staff are all very dedicated and have a lot of integrity. The school offers many programs to enrich the curriculum. The Parent Coordinator, Mary Bow, is a ray of sunshine who keeps parents connected and school spirit high. The PTA does so much and organizes a lot of evening events so working parents can be involved. It is a wonderful school for children of all abilities.

Posted June 30, 2010
Overall PS41 is a good environment for my children. I rate the Teacher quality with a two for this year because I feel the teachers could have put more effort in helping my children progress in their learning. In past years I would rate the teacher quality with 4 stars because those teachers have provided quality teaching for my children. The PTA is very involved in the school and provide many great events for the PS41 community. Mrs. Bow, our parent coordinator, works very hard at making PS41 a great place to be a kid. Mrs. Latto's leadership as Principal certainly makes the school function at a high quality.

Ps 41 Crocheron 1

Posted June 29, 2010
Hello I was a student here at PQ 41Q and I found it to be THE WORST posable school ever The Guidance Counseler Named "Bob" was a verry cruel and mean person the FIFTH grade teacher Joe Was a mean person and a horrible teacher who punished me deeply and made me cry every day.. the psycholgest said that I DID NOT have this learning disorder BUT I did and HE RUINED MY LIFE I am 12 now and I have had horrible days and the worst posable experiance at PQ41Q and I DO NOT suggest this school for anyone in their right mind. oh and the psycholgest is something atless Sincerly - Matthew Ach

Posted June 25, 2010
While Mrs. Latto is a great principal with great vision. I am disappointed in the teachers. My daughter started at PS 41 with great kindergarten and first grade teachers. Second grade was a bit trying as we had a first year classroom teacher but it did get better. Third grade was a nightmare from day one. My daughter did not click with her teacher and it was a battle each and every day. One thing I did find at PS 41 is if you were not part of the PTA clique you didn't fit in. I actually found the PTA to be unorganized withlittle notice of meetings. Also if I volunteered for something they contacted me the day before with no time to rearrange my schedule. I gave up after the 1st grade. Well on to 4th grade

Ps 41 Crocheron

Posted April 24, 2010
Best mix of committed teachers, involved parents, PTA, school spirit, programs, neighborhood feel & values, etc....

Posted April 19, 2010
PS 41 represents what the standard of excellence should be for schools across our nation. Principal Latto's mission includes developing each child to their fullest potential in all dimensions. From the diverse CIA program, which allow teachers and students to explore new and different areas of interest, to the intense preparation for exams, to the expansive extra curricular options, and including the amazing theatrical arts program that evey child particpates in, this school has exceeded every expectation I have had. Mrs. Mary Bow, the parent coordinator, shares her heart with every family, everyday. I am at ease knowing that she is there helping to make the school as wonderful as it is. Every teacher that I have had the pleasure to know, including the amazing music, art and science teachers, inspire both my child and myself. The PTA brings it all together, uniting the school as a family.

Ps 41 Crocheron
214-43 35th Avenue, Queens, NY  11361
Last modified Ps 41 Crocheron is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.