Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There can be improvements that are limited by large classes and a mixed variety of student abilities, and backgrounds. However the teachers try and find innovative ways to constantly improve.

Amount of homework: Agree

It encourages rigor and mastery. It helps the students develop time management. As the principal states, school is their job and they are receiving training for adult years.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students are made to feel special, a part, and individuals. This helps in trust and honesty.

My kids transferred into the school and my decision was partly made based on the atmosphere and cohesive environment I observed between administration, staff and students. There are many students needing a variety of special services, but the school treats each scholar as an individual and aims to have college ready with a rounded academic and non academic education! Academics overall can be stronger but it there seems to be many gains over the last few years!

My school if full of interesting yet hardworking teachers such as Ms.Whichard, ms.Murphy, Ms.Mitchell,Ericco,Chan and many more

The school environment is o.k.The principal Ms. Mitchell is wonderful, however some of the teachers don't care about the students performance,two teachers I would like to give some credit to; Ms.Beswick , Dr Dipalo. My son also complains of teachers yelling at him,My son often comes home with unmarked home work. My main concern is the performance of the students; it deteriorates every year; why is that . The schools in the better neighborhoods are doing great and ours is not why is that? Ms Beswick again hats off to you, you are humble caring and concerned, thanks for being my son's teacher for a year.

This school is AWESOME. The principal Ms. Mitchell communicates with parents and has an energetic attitude. The assistant principal is cool and she is always helping out, she does not look so friendly but she is when you talk to her. Ms. Thacker is very expressive and loud and she gets the job done. She is trying her best to get parents involved in activities throughout the school. Ms. McPherson is new and at 1st she seemed overwhelmed but now she definitely has it together and she talks to children instead of yelling at them or their parents. There is one Kindergarten teacher who seems to have her children in control but she has control because she yells at the students and their parents constantly. That is not acceptable, I do not have her as a teacher for my child but she yells loud and discusses concerns for the child loud in front of other parents. Many of the parent's do not speak English well and need things broken down to them so they can understand and help their children. The security guards, administration staff, and Ms. Richardson are all good at their jobs. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone.

PS48,my kids go there though I do not satisfy with the school. The stuff and some teacher are not so generous . Most of the time they scream, yell at the student . Miss Beswick , Miss pries ,dr lopatto and 2/3 teacher more only they are very passionate and sincere to their jobs rest of them seem just tolerating their jobs or duties. Staff are not welcoming and helpful. It is my zone school so I have to send my kids here, but personally I do not like this school. Most of the parents are disappoint with this school.

PS48 I do not like this school the stuffs are too rude with the student especially the security guard they are very rude . Principal is kind of nice but the assistant principal seems cold not friendly . They put a lot of pressure to the student but they work hardly. Some people act in front of student which is not appropriate . A big portion of student is Bangladeshi but there is no Bengali translator or stuff .

One of the best part of my job working at PS 48 is coming to school and seeing my beautiful faces of my kindergarten scholars. My scholars all full of energy and have amazing knowledge of their own vast world. Our colleagues work hard to support our scholars to strive for excellence.

Last modified Ps 48 William Wordsworth is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.