Queens, NY

Ps 48 William Wordsworth 3

Posted March 09, 2014
The school environment is o.k.The principal Ms. Mitchell is wonderful, however some of the teachers don't care about the students performance,two teachers I would like to give some credit to; Ms.Beswick , Dr Dipalo. My son also complains of teachers yelling at him,My son often comes home with unmarked home work. My main concern is the performance of the students; it deteriorates every year; why is that . The schools in the better neighborhoods are doing great and ours is not why is that? Ms Beswick again hats off to you, you are humble caring and concerned, thanks for being my son's teacher for a year.

Ps 48 William Wordsworth 5

Posted October 15, 2013
This school is AWESOME. The principal Ms. Mitchell communicates with parents and has an energetic attitude. The assistant principal is cool and she is always helping out, she does not look so friendly but she is when you talk to her. Ms. Thacker is very expressive and loud and she gets the job done. She is trying her best to get parents involved in activities throughout the school. Ms. McPherson is new and at 1st she seemed overwhelmed but now she definitely has it together and she talks to children instead of yelling at them or their parents. There is one Kindergarten teacher who seems to have her children in control but she has control because she yells at the students and their parents constantly. That is not acceptable, I do not have her as a teacher for my child but she yells loud and discusses concerns for the child loud in front of other parents. Many of the parent's do not speak English well and need things broken down to them so they can understand and help their children. The security guards, administration staff, and Ms. Richardson are all good at their jobs. I would HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone.

Ps 48 William Wordsworth 2

Posted September 27, 2013
PS48,my kids go there though I do not satisfy with the school. The stuff and some teacher are not so generous . Most of the time they scream, yell at the student . Miss Beswick , Miss pries ,dr lopatto and 2/3 teacher more only they are very passionate and sincere to their jobs rest of them seem just tolerating their jobs or duties. Staff are not welcoming and helpful. It is my zone school so I have to send my kids here, but personally I do not like this school. Most of the parents are disappoint with this school.

Ps 48 William Wordsworth 2

Posted September 27, 2013
PS48 I do not like this school the stuffs are too rude with the student especially the security guard they are very rude . Principal is kind of nice but the assistant principal seems cold not friendly . They put a lot of pressure to the student but they work hardly. Some people act in front of student which is not appropriate . A big portion of student is Bangladeshi but there is no Bengali translator or stuff .

Ps 48 William Wordsworth 3

Posted December 07, 2012
One of the best part of my job working at PS 48 is coming to school and seeing my beautiful faces of my kindergarten scholars. My scholars all full of energy and have amazing knowledge of their own vast world. Our colleagues work hard to support our scholars to strive for excellence.

Posted December 07, 2012
One of the best things abotut working at PS 48 is coming to school everyday to work with dedicated professionals and eager studetns. Our staff works tirelessly to engage our students. Our students are eager to learn and succeed academically.

Posted November 18, 2011
As a teacher in the afterschool program (and also at other public schools in NYC), I am really impressed by this school. It is more organized than many schools I'm in, and the new building is absolutely gorgeous - the nicest elementary school building I've ever seen. The teachers seem to be doing a great job, because the quality of student writing and reasoning skills are higher than other schools I'm in. The parents are clearly way more involved as well, which is great for their kids! I do agree that the assistant principal can be challenging to work with.

Posted January 12, 2011
Very dedicated and hardworking teachers. Their commitment to their students is great. It is shown in their grades.

Ps 48 William Wordsworth 1

Posted November 17, 2010
This school is the worst school I have ever seen. The staff is rude, the assistant principle is cold and rude. the security staff is disrespectful to the children and make them stand out in the cold as per the orders of the principle. The school is very unorganized, the teachers are always disappearing so there are barely stable teachers. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Ps 48 William Wordsworth 1

Posted August 30, 2010
i do not like 48 the teacher gives out letter for parents to late students are pulling the fire bell to much time teacher are fighting each other and the luch time is horrible tell me about this............

Ps 48 William Wordsworth
108-29 155th Street, Queens, NY  11433
Last modified Ps 48 William Wordsworth is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 48 William Wordsworth Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top