Queens, NY

Posted November 15, 2013
If I could give this school no stars I would just because of the complaints I have had in a few short months and those that have been voiced to me from at least 10 other parents with small children at the school. Even parents that volunteer there tell me that if possible I should get my child out. Even the counselor that interviewed her on the first day said she should be going to a better school. That's a shame.

Posted August 31, 2012
i hate this school iam a student who used to go to this school i was happy when graduated not because i passed but because that iam leaving this painfull school thabk lord.

Posted May 03, 2012
This school is terrible. I have 11 nieces/nephews from 3 different siblings attending either public or private schools in Queens and they are shocked to hear the lack of response for child safety and educational concerns. Classes are too large, 2 out of 3 of my child's teachers don't like children or are just tired of their jobs. The majority of the staff are extremely rude and unprofessional toward parent concerns in regards to educational needs and bullying. Before entering this school my child was happy and confident, so was I. After 2 year attendance my child lost self esteem. My child is petite and has been slapped, shoved, punched by boys and threatened by girls. My child is afraid to report her bullies bc she worries they will think she is lying. Despite my efforts by reporting these issues to the principal directly, my child continues to get hurt by the same child and new children. Children are not properly monitored to ensure good conduct and safety. They do not enforce policy or properly instruct against bullying. My child gets hurt and I get attitude from the staff and principal for trying to make an appt. A child gets hurt and its water under the bridge at this school.

Posted November 06, 2011
I went to this school from K-4th grade before we moved down to Florida. Some of my absolute best childhood memories derive from this school. Best teachers, best times. So many plays, so many activites. I would not have turned into the person that I am had I not had the spectacular schooling experience I had at PS 54. I especially remember my kingergarten teacher, Ms. Reyes. She was amazing, patient, and so kind. Wish I knew where she was now so I could thank her. It's funny to think that words that were said to me 26 years ago are still so fresh in my mind. I hope she is still teaching. I'm sure things have changed a lot since then. I am actually postive they have. But I felt the need to post that even though there are some negative things being said about this school, it was great to me.

Posted February 16, 2011
this school not good i rate 1 sorry! but is true u see a boy got bully is not safe so the mothers should not talk there just say there safe but is unsafe

Ps 54 Hillside 2

Posted April 23, 2010

Ps 54 Hillside 2

Posted April 23, 2010

Posted April 09, 2010
This school has excellent teachers and a great Y Program- I'm very happy my daughter Angie Terrero attends this school! Jane C Feiden

Posted March 03, 2010
This school is a good school. I trust for my children to attend this school because the leadership is excellent, parents involvement is good and safety and discipline are inforce.

Posted March 01, 2010
I have 9yrs old in grade 3. I am a single mother that work seven days a week, and I want the best for my child. Ps 54 is an excellent school. My daughter loves her teacher; she is excited to go to school each day. But the problem is us parent we can t allow the teacher alone to do all the work. We have to help them at home too. Playing video games and playing with toy will not help them. I know as parents we also need time for our self, and it s very hard. But we have to try and try harder, as I said I work 7day per week 9am to 6pm and I try and I still think I need to try harder.

Ps 54 Hillside
86-02 127th Street, Queens, NY  11418
Last modified Ps 54 Hillside is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 54 Hillside Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top