Bad
Good

I graduated from her in 2015.The only reason I have some fond memories is because of my kindergarten,Pre-K,and 5th grade teachers and peers.The rest of the teachers all had a bad temper and didn't care about their students.One would throw desks, another two made children cry all the time and the after school program had rude and horrible college student as advisors.Plus the principles didn't care about the children.In my middle school,the principles knew every students name.The bathrooms and auditorium were also horrible.Plus,I didn't even attend graduation because of how embarrassing and terrible it was.Also,most students were extremely immature,cussed and were astonishingly disrespectful.My little brother goes there now and they give him so much HW I barely understand some of it.I would never once in my life recommend sending your child to this school,under any circumstance.

[ I graduated from this school in 2012 ] This is a great school. I have many fond memories here. The teachers are some of the nicest people that i have ever met. The principle and co-principal treat each student like their own child. This school may not have the greatest appearance but that is because this school may not have as much funding as they should. However, with the money that they have they offer a million dollar education and don't cut back on the things that keep the million dollar education running, any the things that keep the students having fun and keeping them safe. The only drawback to the school is that their are a lot of mix ups with lunch payments that annoy both students and parents. Because of these lunch mix ups it may cause parents to be paying much more for the students lunch. Though this can easily be solved if the students bring their own lunch. Even though this school may be underfunded and have a confusing lunch system, this school is one of the best you can get

My son attends pre-k, so we're only 3 months into this school. However the first thing that stood out in my mind is the poor lighting in the hallways and in the individual classrooms creating a shabby appearance. Over all the general appearance of the school looks run down and dos not have a warm, welcoming feel to it. However, one of the positives is the parent-teacher coordinator. I, personally, appreciate the time and attention she has given me in some of my concerns.

Ps 55 is the worst public school. If it wasn't for it being close to my home I would take both of my children out of this school. The need a better principal and assistant principal.Those two need to leave, they are very disrespectful , rude and does have a organize system they have parent running from one entrance to another when dropping off your child/ children. I regret ever sending my children there. I am going to take my children out if this school. So don't sent your child there. They teacher are all great and loving and that's the only reason I still have my kids there. If the have a new principal this school will be great. He does know how to run a school.

This school can improve a little with the boys bathroom. The Principle is doing a great job with information to parents. I am happy to have my son in this school for 5 years.

I graduated this school in 2001. This school is the greatest school in Queens. I have the best memories because of this school and anyone who went here will remember it for the rest of their life. From field day to Fun Time U.S.A. everything about it was great. Mrs.Keller was the greatest teacher and I'm thankful for her being my 6th grade teacher because she taught me more than what was in the book. She taught us all about what life was really about and prepared me unlike anyone else. The years I went there Queens was a really bad borough, and like myself a lot of my friends lived with single parents but Mrs.Keller and some more of the staff made us feel like we werent alone. I could write forever about this school but to sum it all up this school is a blessing to the children and parents who have had the opportunity to be a part of it.

this is a school that stands up to this website's name and beyond. i love it. my son gradutated as of class 2010. chess club, glee club, chorus, art club, computer club, science club. i recommend this school to anyone. the principal is the best and so is the rest of the staff.

our school has a great, warm and friendly environment. we care for kids and put kids first. we offer an enrichment science program for every grade. we are a title 1 school and have learning leader parent volunteers in all kindergarten classes

my child is so excited about learning about frogs and doing lots of art and literacy activities in mrs. weintraub's kindergarten class. I love this school and am exited that my child will remain there all the way through 6th grade.

My son has been going to this school since kindergarten, now he's in 5 th grade. I'm very happy with the one on one program. The teachers are great and very helpful especially Mrs. Storm & Mr. Collins.

Last modified Ps 55 Maure is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.