Queens, NY

Ps 55 Maure 3

Posted November 24, 2014
My son attends pre-k, so we're only 3 months into this school. However the first thing that stood out in my mind is the poor lighting in the hallways and in the individual classrooms creating a shabby appearance. Over all the general appearance of the school looks run down and dos not have a warm, welcoming feel to it. However, one of the positives is the parent-teacher coordinator. I, personally, appreciate the time and attention she has given me in some of my concerns.

Ps 55 Maure 1

Posted September 08, 2014
Ps 55 is the worst public school. If it wasn't for it being close to my home I would take both of my children out of this school. The need a better principal and assistant principal.Those two need to leave, they are very disrespectful , rude and does have a organize system they have parent running from one entrance to another when dropping off your child/ children. I regret ever sending my children there. I am going to take my children out if this school. So don't sent your child there. They teacher are all great and loving and that's the only reason I still have my kids there. If the have a new principal this school will be great. He does know how to run a school.

Ps 55 Maure 4

Posted April 29, 2014
This school can improve a little with the boys bathroom. The Principle is doing a great job with information to parents. I am happy to have my son in this school for 5 years.

Posted July 22, 2012
I graduated this school in 2001. This school is the greatest school in Queens. I have the best memories because of this school and anyone who went here will remember it for the rest of their life. From field day to Fun Time U.S.A. everything about it was great. Mrs.Keller was the greatest teacher and I'm thankful for her being my 6th grade teacher because she taught me more than what was in the book. She taught us all about what life was really about and prepared me unlike anyone else. The years I went there Queens was a really bad borough, and like myself a lot of my friends lived with single parents but Mrs.Keller and some more of the staff made us feel like we werent alone. I could write forever about this school but to sum it all up this school is a blessing to the children and parents who have had the opportunity to be a part of it.

Posted September 14, 2010
this is a school that stands up to this website's name and beyond. i love it. my son gradutated as of class 2010. chess club, glee club, chorus, art club, computer club, science club. i recommend this school to anyone. the principal is the best and so is the rest of the staff.

Posted November 07, 2009
our school has a great, warm and friendly environment. we care for kids and put kids first. we offer an enrichment science program for every grade. we are a title 1 school and have learning leader parent volunteers in all kindergarten classes

Ps 55 Maure 0

Posted November 07, 2009
my child is so excited about learning about frogs and doing lots of art and literacy activities in mrs. weintraub's kindergarten class. I love this school and am exited that my child will remain there all the way through 6th grade.

Posted October 14, 2009
My son has been going to this school since kindergarten, now he's in 5 th grade. I'm very happy with the one on one program. The teachers are great and very helpful especially Mrs. Storm & Mr. Collins.

Ps 55 Maure 0

Posted October 06, 2009
my name is Sandra Rodriguez, mother of the Vargas family I'm very happy the way the whole school is helping me with the girls, in class, after school and the whole thing with the one to one thing, i can't thank you enought

Posted June 10, 2009
my daughter went to ps55q for 7 years and my son went here for 5 years and is a very good and special school

Ps 55 Maure
131-10 97th Avenue, Queens, NY  11419
Last modified Ps 55 Maure is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 55 Maure Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top