Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The Principal and assistant principal (which happens to be her sister in law) definitely need a change of careers. The entire administration needs a complete overhall. They are all talk and do absolutely nothing. I cannot wait to get my child out of this school!

My 5th and 1st grade kids go to this school am very happy this is the school for our zone 11416, education curriculum is excellent teachers are great and my kids are happy.

Amount of homework: Agree

my kids get twice as much home work than other zone school such as ps64 joseph addabo and i am ok with it my kids are learning more

I recently transfered my daughter to P. 63 since we just moved to the area and I couldn't have made a greater mistake. School has very unwelcome environment. Principal (Ms. Marion) and all the staff in register office don't even make a slight effort to listen to the parents. You will be rudely dismissed if you try to make an inquiry about school policies. If you question them...well, nobody really cares unless you call NY City Department of education. Kids are basically allowed to bully each other and there is no investigation by school if bullying occurs! PTA are extremely rude and rather than listen to your concern will tell you how they volunteer here and don't get paid for this! There are a lot of teacher substitutes happenning and teachers don't seem to care much since they are in the class for one week only and next week they will be teaching a different class. So if you do care about your child's education and want to be treated with respect as a parent, don't come even close to this school!!

I took my daughter out of this school after the 2012-2013 school year and placed her in a private school. That was the best decision I could have made to help further her education. PS63 is not bad, but they can definitely use some work.

So far this is a very good public schools. The teachers my daughter has have been very caring!

this school could use some work and maybe start some small groups. i can't wait to get out of this school

I absolutely love p.s.63 my daughter struggle in her school work she has come so far in her,learning process i love the teachers at p.s.63 they are absolutely dedicated to their students they have a good open communication with the parents the only thing that i am disappointed about p.s.63 is the two very dedicated security guards are no longer there my daughter is very upset and unhappy because she has known these two wonderful ladies since she started kingergarten she always greet.these two ladies with a smile and a hug her heart is broken please bring her favorite security guards back

The teachers are incredibly caring and encourage students however the principal is a bully who needs to be replaced.

My children just attended kindergarten and I must say that their teachers were excellent. Very happy with their growth and communication skills. They absolutely loved their teachers and I can see that their teachers genuinely cared about all of their students. I hope this year the teachers are just as wonderful. Their teachers were Ms. Peyton and Ms. Levy...thank you both so very much.

Last modified Ps 63 Old South is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.