Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I agree we went there too this morning... We waited for 3 hours... My son had an accident with their janitor being hit near his eyes but Janitor said "next time be careful", unbelievable (he never said sorry)!!! I just ignored it and let it pass the incident. Finally we've been called and then they ask all the usual requirements, the lady who assisted us was ok, and she asked Tina (if she remembered us and she said yea he called to inquire), yea I inquired and she said bring my statement of national grid as a proof of address and then other proof of address is to follow since we just moved here in Woodside last week, so I thought were good until they checked the bill and they said I cannot use that even if the address is my current address coz the statement belongs to my previous address... I thought what they're looking for was a proof of address... Our name was in the bill and it was our current address but they didn't consider it and then I explained to them that we just moved last week and still waiting for some mails to kick in to my new address but they didn't consider it... Instead one lady mentioned to require me to submit a Contract of Lease duly notarized since we lived with my sister and brother-in-law's apartment... But still they want proof of address!!! I felt that they're giving us a hard time so I decided to retract the registration of my kid and left them due to their attitude... They're not so friendly and not helpful and very inconsiderate... So it was true then on the previous review made on here... I'm so happy that my kid never registered here due to the fact that these people act like they're superior enough to play power tripping!!! These ladies must need to straighten their attitude!!! The rating of PS 69 was good (8) BUT if this scenario continues it will be sad to see this potential school in a lower end of rating!!!

Develops character: Disagree

They're not friendly and helpful to parents who wants to register their kids in the school!!!

Terrible experience with people in Admin... mostly to a certain personnel named, TINA!!! Thinking of registering to this school (PS69) is a huge mistake!!! These people are inconsiderate and not so nice enough to help out parents and kids!!!

The staff and the teachers are really dedicated, involved, and great. I wish there were more emphasis in art/music and sports, but academically I think the school is doing really well. My son has been attending since Kindergarten -he's in 2nd grade now, and my daughter is now in Kinder there too. As with any school, parent involvement is essential for a kid to succeed.

My school, is amazing. good staff. clean and the my daughter is been there for 3 years. this will be last year. she is always happy to go school every day.

My daughter in 2nd grade. She is in this school since first grade. And we were very lucky to had Ms Clark as her first grade Teacher. Ms Clark is a true professional. We miss her. Now she is in 2nd grade with Miss Figura. Which is her another favorite teacher. Very helpful. Feel very comfortable to ask anything. I am very greatful to have great teachers. Thank you!

my daughter went to PS69Q from kindergarten thru 5th grade and i really liked most of the teachers. they are very informative and caring. even when i needed an appointment to speak with my daughter's teachers, they were always happy to work with me.

Wonderful teachers, unprofessional and rude principal and assistant principal. It is a shame that a school with very professional and pleasant teachers should be run by such an unprofessional principal - Martha Vasquez. A lot of the parents I've spoken to have the same complaint - she treats parents in a very unprofessional, rude and crass manner not suitable for an educator. I can only imagine how she treats students.

I GREW UP IN JACKSON HEIGHTS AND I LOVED PS 69. IN 1951, IN FIRST GRADE I HAD KATHERINE TUCHMAN(KITTY) AS MY TEACHER. SHE WAS ALSO A GOOD FRIENS OF MY MOTHER. I LOST TOUCH WITH HER OVER THE YEARS, BUT SHE WAS A WONDERFUL TEACHER. DO YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT HER? I REALIZE THJAT THERE IS A POSSIBIOLITY THAT SHE IS DECEASED, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOMETHING OF HER CAREER. THANK YOU VERY MUCH JEFFREY REDD EVANS

I love this school. This school is the best school for my daughter. All her teachers were friendly and taught in a fun way.

Last modified Ps 69 Jackson Heights is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.