Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Because they do not adhere to the mandated state curriculum. My daughter did have a social studies teacher for the most of the year.

This school has a shoddy administration that does not handle issues professionally or in a timely manner. How can an ARTS school set such a terrible example for its students who themselves are supposed to be artists?? Better staff should be hired that are true, responsible adults and can offer our children real quality life models to follow.

Good afternoon, My name is Derrick A. Walker Sr. and I was a student at 72 when it was not so great. However, It always had great teachers and leaders. I work for a F5 company now and I would like to give back to my young Brothers and Sisters of all shape sizes creeds or shades of beauty.

I got exepted to M.S.72. My sister goes there and tells me that the school is great. I think that the school sounds great. The faculty and the school system. Especially, its moto "Dare To Truth". (something like that ). I hope what I think and what my sister said is true. <3 :)

I am a student but I had to signup so I just put my self as a parent. I have been in MS 72 for three years, throughout the three years I was in YSL, known as GT a few years back. MS72 is a really good school, but it kind of depends on what academy you go to, I would pick ysl over the other academies considering how many fights they have up there and all the students walking around the hallways, not plesent at all. But in my time in ysl espicelly the 7th and 8th grade I was greatly cared for and given the individual attention that I needed and now three years later I am going to a great highschool, specilized highschool to be exact, the one in bronx (i didn't want to write the name of the school), the school also has a great regents program and all the teachers have only one goal, to make you successful. so if you area parent, take it from me (a good student) send your child to ms72, but as a parent make sure he is doinf his homework evry night and if you get complaines from a teacher please have a talk with your daughter or son. MS72 reallly doesn't need anymore troublemakers.

great teachers ,school needs major renovation

i love this school great educatrion its very nice no discrimintaion great teachers and activites

my child attends this school I am so happy that I placed my child here they are professional & very concerned about the students education & in this day & time you're lucky when you find a school that has your childs best interest @ heart and for that I am truely greatiful.I commend the wonderful staff members @ ms72

I love my school and especially our funny ESL teacher Mr. Ramsbottom. Hes the best teacher I have ever met.

good school teacher are nice make sure we do what we have to do

Last modified Catherine And Count Basie Middle School 72 is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.