Bad
Good

The teachers are no help, the staff is no help. They are liars and they don't care about the students. My son knew how to read , write, and understand his math in preschool, when he got in the middle of the year in kindergarten I was told suddenly he doesn't know how to read. They told me my son needed speech therapy to help him concentrate. He never needed speech, I took him out of the school and his grades have never been lower than an 80 and he's always on the honor roll. It's sad that this school is my only choice for public school. I have to pay for school in order for my child to have a good education, it's not fair.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I feel they are effective in so many ways. I mean whatever my situation is they help me with it. To understand what your going through and no advice or help is a hardship. These teachers help and relieve the hardship and my child benefit from this. thank you a bunch

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel it's ok because gives my child work to do at home anyway. So she can keep up with her class and don't forget what she learns. I feel she wasn't overwhelmed and she had her me time as well as her homework. Thank you for the time and space my child needed.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My child was honest but this school point out how important it is to have this quality in her life. The integrity in my child is stronger in her this year. She learn that fairness is something people look forward in life journey. I thank her school for helping me keep my child on the track.

All my concerns and situations was handle asp to my satisfaction. I feel safe sending my child to her school.

This school is amazing. Both my children have gone there and the teachers and staff are awesome. I have been in many schools and none, not even in D26 schools compare. You cannot look at test scores alone. No doubt that if you are looking for a great elementary school, this is it!!!!!!!

This is a nice school. My son went here from PreK to third. The school has very strict policies on behavior and I did appreciate that. Everyone is treated equally. I did feel that some of the teachers in the upper grades were a little cold and screamed a little too much. The school does have a nice feel because it is small and has nice facilities compared to some around here. The vice principals are wonderful people who are great with children and should also be commended.

My son attended this school from K through 4. He has grown so much. I truly appreciate all teachers and Mr. D. Our family has been having very serious problems. Teachers were keenly watching my son and supporting us. They added necessary services for my son since he is autistic spectrum. My son is also asthmatic. The school nurse is on duty full time. I always had good experiences with people in Main Office. Staffs were very warm. I was rest assured to send my son to PS 76. My son also loved to go to the school. I decided to move him to a different school, because I did not want to send my son to a middle school that we are zoned for after he leaves PS 76. This is the school that you can't look at test score only. You have to see value that the school provides to your child and to you.

The principal of this school is not worth the effort that the amazing assistant principals put forward. She is a nasty lady who clearly doesn't understand a thing about education or how to treat kids. She's preventing this school from being good.

This is a great school. The teachers are wonderfful. Mr.D and Mrs. Stone are great, The only problem is the bed bugs in our school the City needs to do something about this.

Last modified Ps 76 William Hallett is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.