Queens, NY

Posted April 09, 2014
P.S.80 is a GREAT SCHOOL!! I have a 17 year old son,15 year old daughter and a 9 year old daughter that all attended this school.The teachers are very concerned about the children's education.I have never known of any unsafe or violent situations there.I would recommend this school to anyone who is interested in having there child educated correctly.

Posted April 08, 2014
PS is an unsafe school zone , the prinicipal is not responsible for your child is injured

Posted October 19, 2012
I have to say that P.S.80 IS A GREAT SCHOOL ! i went there as well as both my brothers.This school felt more like a home.I felt safe and actually enjoyed going to school.We had things such as the fashion show.The principal Ms.Glenn was really involved with the kids i remember i was in 5th grade and she taught me and a group of my friends how to nit.They had fashion shows and cool assembly's for kids who deserved it.I basically grew up in this school ! This is a great school your kids will love it here.Failure is not an option everyone expects you to be working at your level and striving for excellence.You cant get away with anything in that school.I think that P.S.80 once again is an excellence school

Posted August 15, 2011
I LOVE P.S. 80. Both of my children attended P.S.80. My son (now 16) came to this school in the 3rd grade from a private school. He was being taught on a different learning structure however he adjusted well with the help and guidance of his teacher Ms. Mannigault. He excelled socially as well. My daughter came from a very loving, yet coddled Pre-school/ Kindergarten environment. It was rough the first 2 weeks with out getting hugs and being called Princess everyday but she adjusted and did well in the 1st grade. My heart belongs to her second grade teacher Ms. Leacock. I love that Lady. She was able to teach, form and mold greatness and still be very loving toward the children in her class. My daughter LOVES her. I also admire greatly Mrs. Glenn - Principle. She expects and strive for excellence with her staff and students. Also Mr. Aquino is an excellent asset to the school. P.S. 80 is an excellent choice for educating your child.

Posted March 01, 2011
i am pleased with the devotation and commitment that ps80 has in educating our students

Posted November 12, 2010
I'm a substitute teacher for many years in this school. Yes, I'm certified with a masters degree. The principal employs top notch teachers and many parents flock to this school each year trying to get their child in! I know for a fact that the teachers work very hard to make sure all the students learn and excel. If your child has a behavioral problem they will get in trouble. Your child shoud come to school to learn not misbehave. They provide a safe learning environment for all students. This school has numerous programs other neighboring school don't have. It's a great school and supportive stafff for children and parents who want success! Ms B

Posted July 30, 2010
This is a horrible school, especially for boys. The staff are verbally abusive on a daily basis. If you have your child in this school I would suggest you make several spot checks, to really see whats going on throughout the day. Listen to your child and look for signs and changes in their behavior things are happening within the walls of this school and you need to find out what.

Posted July 03, 2009

Posted June 30, 2009
My daughter started in the 1st grade with the school. So making the transition from a private school was a big adjustment. I was very unhappy that I could not get my daughter to a better school. Then came September, I did not have high hopes, and was ready for the worse. The students were so far ahead of my daughter in basic skills, I was embarrassed. After the 1st week, my daughter was placed in a Sunrise program for reading. In September her basic reading, math and writing skills levels were rated as 1(1 out of 4). The 1st report card was a hard pill to swallow. By June her skill levels were 4. The teachers, staff, PTA members and other parents are wonderful. The principal does not mix words, and those principal are reflected in the teachers. Glad I was wrong.

Posted March 25, 2009

Ps 80 Thurgood Marshall Magnet
171-05 137th Avenue, Queens, NY  11434
Last modified Ps 80 Thurgood Marshall Magnet is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 80 Thurgood Marshall Magnet Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top