Bad
Good

Ps 86 5

Posted February 18, 2014
As an immigrant coming from a very foreign place and a vastly different culture, it was this establishment that brought me to where I am today. I will always love P.S.86 Q and give it credit for building a base of excellence within me that has led me to graduate from a top university, and has brought me to my dream of graduating from medical school. The teachers that taught me here from 1999-2004 were the best and most passionate teachers I've ever encountered. I owe this school everything, and I hope one day I am able to give it something back.

Ps 86 2

Posted September 26, 2013
The new teachers are great but the school has no proper way to handle ADD children. School takes no responsibities with what happens in the Bus. Children fight and there is nothing the school can do. I recommend that there should be a bus driver assistant motto ring out the children.

Ps 86 4

Posted August 21, 2013
I sent my daughter to Catholic school from 1st to 3rd grade and I was very disappointed with the principal and teachers. I was hesistant on sending her to PS 86 because of the rating but she has done so well in this school. The teachers, Assistant Principal and Principal really care about the children. The do the best they can with their limited financial backing and resources. In Catholic school they were begging every week and the tuition was $475 a month when there were 31 children in my daughter's class. Even in PS 86 she had about 27 children in her class and her 4th grade teacher Ms. Miller is a blessing! She was attentive and truly cared about her students. The staff really tries and they care about the students by having many activities and extra help for the children.

Ps 86 1

Posted August 08, 2013
The school management is very lazy keeping up with students development. Some teachers are so rude with the parents that we wonder how they treat the kids.

Ps 86 1

Posted March 31, 2012
My son will be attending ps 86 this fall and having second thoughts about my choice. How can I be assured that my child will be receiving the best education when the school has a 3 star rating. What is being done to improve the quality of education. Please help.

Posted May 12, 2010
A place that is determine to use all its resources to help the children of this community.

Posted May 10, 2010
I have been teaching here for the last ten years. My fellow colleagues are dedicated professionals who care a great deal for the children. They are willing to sacrifice a great deal of time and energy for the benefit of the children.

Posted May 04, 2010
I love P.S. 86 because, I believe it has a caring principal that puts children first.

Posted May 03, 2010
P.S. 86Q has been my home for 27 years. The children are learning and teachers are very involved in many wonderful activities. But, we could certainly use extra $$$ to supplement these activities, especially in the area of technology. Many of our teachers would do wonderful projects if we had the resources!

Posted May 03, 2010
29 years in this building. wonderful children, caring staff. I have had the opportunity to do wonderful things in this school. I was even in the Ann Landers newspaper column, actually P.S. 86 and I were the Ann Landers Column, nation-wide in December, 2002.

87-41 Parsons Boulevard, Queens, NY  11432
Last modified Ps 86 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.