Queens, NY

Posted July 04, 2014
omg , I miss PS.90 sooo much ! I miss all the teachers I had. I remember Ms. Decristino , Ms. Ammarati , Ms. Sabia , and Mrs. Talia ! I miss them all very much. I did very well on their class as well. I can't wait to go visit them. 2008-2012

Posted December 20, 2013
pretty good school considering the neightborhood is a wreck. The principal Ms. Ubertini is very good. She knows every student by name and really cares. She works long hours. My experience with the teachers has been good too. I am a PTA mother. I feel my daughter is getting a good education at this school. I just wish the school was on a better block. The streets are small and picking up my child is sometimes a chore dodging the school buses.

Posted November 21, 2013
P.S. 90 and I had Mr. Zimler as my 5ht and 6th grade teacher in 1963 and 1964. He was the best teacher I ever had. I learned more in the two years with him than I did in college. I have a B.A. in English and two Masters. His teaching and the discipline I acquired in has class was the foundation for all my future education!

Posted August 22, 2013
I attended this school as a kid and now my own daughter is attending as well as our two foster children. They love this school because it's very diverse and there are cultural events to celebrate and learn each others customs. I am a PTA mom and bake cupcakes for the fundraisers whenever I can. The school bathrooms are old and could use some updating. There are many trips scheduled and there is always plenty of supervision. The principal is great and she handles things very quickly and is very attentive to parents' concerns. For september 2013, the school day will start at 8am and breakfast will start at 7:35 am. So parents can drop their kids off early and catch the train or bus closeby. School will dismiss at 2:20pm. I would recommend this school.

Ps 90 Horace Mann 1

Posted July 03, 2013
I fully agree with the parent review below. I took my child out of this school for several reasons. The bedbug problem they once had back in 2010 and her teachers emotionally abused my child as well as myself. It was the best move I have ever made. Since I transfered her she became student of the month 2 years in a row and countinues to move up a grade. And to think these teachers tell me she is not capable of ever doing these things. I will not knock her Kindergarten and first grade teachers they was wonderful. But her second grade teachers was a nightmare and there was no lines of communication anymore. All I know they handled my child and myself very badly and I had to get her out. ASAP!

Ps 90 Horace Mann 2

Posted July 02, 2013
PS 90 is an ok school. Not the worst but definitely not anywhere close to the top. The main problems I see with this school are; a lack of communication between teachers and parents about teaching methods and where students need additional help, not enough of a variety in what is being taught-- kids need art and music, not just math, reading and science, not enough time during the day for kids to be kids. This might seem unimportant but not all children have the capacity to sit quietly for 6-7 hours out of the day. Having programs like art and music, as well as having enough time to interact with other kids socially during reccess and getting exercise allows them to have a break from the boredom many of them feel and helps them to be able to focus when they are given monotonous tasks. Also, many public elementary schools have after school programs, why doesn't this one? Also I must add, a few of the teachers were quite rude, uncooperative and condescending when I tried to get information about what and how they teach. PTA- a waste of time, unless you want to spend an hour and a half a month talking about money and what to with it instead of the quality of education in the school.

Posted December 26, 2012
Granted, I was a student at P.S. 90 many years ago, but I had to take this opportunity to recognize Mr. Isadore Zimler, my 6th grade teacher, who was THE best teacher I ever had. I think about him often, and still use what I learned in his class. We didn't memorize, we LEARNED. What a remarkable educator! I still remember the day he paid for a Thanksgiving party for our entire class out of his own pocket. I now have a Ph.D., and I am and will be eternally grateful to Mr. Zimler for all he taught me.

Ps 90 Horace Mann 1

Posted September 25, 2012
You know what slays me is when the facts are presented and people want to hush it away and pretend like everything is fine. Stop with the awesome principals and teacher routine. Wake up people they are playing with your kids lives here. Would it matter to have a sick and dirty educated kid? Is that what real parents want? WAKE UP already.

Posted September 14, 2012
I have my two children in this school and both have learned at a very fast pace thanks to the teachers. The staff in this school are very friendly and very helpful. I only wish they had a bigger place for the school to excersice.

Ps 90 Horace Mann 4

Posted June 19, 2012
Hey Mr. Former Military Pilot. Thanks for doing your 2 tours in Vietnam. The PS 90 you are referring to is located in Brooklyn, not the PS 90 in Queens. 2 totally different schools and 2 totally different principals!!! Please be careful before you post misinformation on the web!!! The PS 90 located in Queens has nothing to do with your comments. And again, thanks for your 2 tours of duty!

Ps 90 Horace Mann
86-50 109th Street, Queens, NY  11418
Last modified Ps 90 Horace Mann is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 90 Horace Mann Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top