Queens, NY

Ps 91 Richard Arkwright 4

Posted October 21, 2014
I find P.S 91 to be a wonderful school. Most of the teachers are caring, helpful,competent, and knowledgeable. I have a child that graduated this school and the education she received help to equip her for junior high school and the heavy work load that comes with it. I have a younger child attending this school as well and his writing and early reading skills are improving vastly and school has only been in session 2 months. What the school needs is funding for a wider range of programs and more parental involvement. Both of which are issues that are out of the schools hands. ~An Involved parent

Posted October 21, 2014
I have had nothing but a good experience with this school. I have 1 child that graduated from P.S 91 and have 2 other children that currently attend this school. I have had a few minor issues in the pass, but as soon as I brought it to the attention of the staff I was helped immediately and the issues were solved. Ms. Feliciano the Parent/teacher coordinator is a caring, giving, and wonderful asset to the school and is very knowledgeable on the everything and anything involving this school and the Board of Ed rules & regulations. Ms.Psahos the Assistant Principal stands out as a another excellent and helpful person at this school. The teachers are great with the exception of a handful (but that is like everything else in life). Mrs. Catalano (Principal) has made great changes in this school over the years she has spent here. The PTA is pretty good at getting kids excited about school and trying to get parents involved. Although there might be some work needed in the PTA as far a a shift in staff, I think it is time for a new President. Then maybe there would be more parental involvement. Otherwise A+ for 91.

Posted January 27, 2014
Many times that I went to pick up my nephew from school, the school needs to work on dismissal, it's chaotic during that time. Plus the classes are overcrowded. my nephew has also mentioned that his teacher does not check his homework, maybe once a week. He's in first grade.

Posted September 18, 2013
I am a student in P.S.91Q I in this school from K-5 i'm starting 5 grade. The teacher"s are very kind,caring,strick,and very thoghtful. I LOVE P.S.91Q!!!!

Posted September 09, 2013
Ps.91 is great school, I have 3 kids in this school, great teachers and very hight education level. My child was principal honor roll, so proud!

Posted June 27, 2013
My just graduated from this school. All I can say is that principal, teachers and staff are all amazing people. I'm really sad that my son will no longer attend. My son attended as a special needs student and being in this school he's progressed so much. I feel really safe sending to school every day.

Posted September 26, 2011
i have to say that i am on edge with this school i have been trying for years to pull my children out of this school, i have had so many problems, between the dirty bathrooms, the teachers that are too mean and apparently are not attentive to the children the way they should be, my 2nd grader is afraid of his teacher she dosen't even check the h.w and he dosent even want to tell her when he has to use the bathroom because she yells. its horrible.

Posted September 10, 2011
This school is fantastic. I was a student here from kindergarden all the way to grade 5. The teachers are super nice and support and care about their students. It was a great elementary experience.

Posted April 05, 2011
I agree Don't expect to get any help if your child needs and IEP or is having trouble with schoolwork. You are on your own! My son is in danger of getting left back and no one sounds interested enough to help.

Ps 91 Richard Arkwright 2

Posted March 25, 2011
Am very unhappy with the school and especially with the teachers. I have two kids one in first grade and the other one in 5th. My first grader is having a hard time with the writing & reading that every morning he cries because he is frustrated and scare because he can't write or read like the other kids. I asked the school for help but was told is best for him to repeat the grade! He won't be attending that school next year! School is overcrowded.

Ps 91 Richard Arkwright
68-10 Central Avenue, Queens, NY  11385
Last modified Ps 91 Richard Arkwright is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 91 Richard Arkwright Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top