Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am extremely unhappy with PS 91Q. There's major room for improvement. When my daughter was in 1st grade, she used to cry every day about going to school. Now she is in 3rd grade and continues to complain about the school not being challenging enough. I have brought this to the attention of the administration but just like my child needs back in 1st grade, my concerns have been ignored. This school year, the PTA has refused to apply for the 501C status which would make them a non-profit organization and bring thousands of dollars to the school in private funding. What’s more frustrating is that they continue to complain about not having enough funding to do things for the kids. If PS 91Q gets private funding it could pay for things like more school supplies for all its teachers, a Young Engineers Class, more educational school trips to places like Ellis Island, Washington DC, open top bus tour of NYC, Rome and Hawaii subsidized by businesses like Kohl's, Target, Stop & Shop, CVS and other businesses in Glendale who want to help all of our kids. Educating parents and teachers that they are available to make the school better is worth pushing for. Now for the good things... There are some really great members of the administration and also teachers who really give 100%. Mr. Kline, the assistant principal who has been excellent in actively listening and showing his support. Mrs. Santoro was excellent in setting up an American Idol style talent show for the kids. Ms. Feliciano helped educate parents and kids about nutrition. Ms. Sojack and Mr. Searratto were also wonderful. Like all parents, I want my child to have the best education she can. Surely PS 91Q's PTA, Councilwoman Elizabeth Crowley, District Representative Katherine Mooney and administration can work together to make this possible not just for my child but for all children of PS 91Q.

I love the school. The teachers really care about the students. My son has been at this school since Pre-K. Now he is in Kindergarten. Great Pre K teachers and Great Kindergarten teachers. Great Staff....

My daughter started her school career in Bklyn schools. Pre-K and kindergarten in a Bed Stuy school. 1st and 2nd grade in a Bushwick school. She struggled and struggled. I asked for her to be evaluated because as she grew she would fall further behind till the point that she might not be able to catch up, but to no avail no help was provided. I even asked for her to be held back in hopes she would finally get it,,, and they had tons of reasons that she shouldnt. So we unexpectedly had to move so I decided to go back to the neighborhood I grew up in and send her to the schools I attended. The BEST decision I've ever made. She started P.S.91 Q. She struggled thru the 3rd grade because now the work is much harder then what she was getting in the other schools. When I met with her teacher I was asked if she was in school for kindergarten and 1st grade because it's as if she wasnt. The skills they learn early on to help them to read and sound out words she didn't have. By mid 3rd grade, I again asked for her to be evaluated. Which she was. 91 was on top of it. Her I.E.P recommended that she should be placed in a mixed class of special ed and general ed. What would happen is her weak areas she would be pulled into a smaller group to help her. She is now in 5th grade and she has improved 150% better. She is still not completely caught up to grade level,,,but she IS NOT FALLING FURTHER BEHIND. POINT BEING,,,P.S.91 is an amazing school. It is everything you want and expect in a school. Educating these kids is their main concern,,,NOT promoting failing kids or not evaluating kids with learning disabilities because they don't want their school to be a failing school YET AGAIN. Her previous school they must have replaced the Principal about 5 times in 5 yrs. I'm extremely happy with P.S. 91 for so many reasons, but most importantly the kids getting the education they so need and deserve. She has changed tremendously since attending this school and I could not be more prouder of her. THANK YOU TO ALL THE TEACHERS, assit. Principal, principal and all involved in our children's school career I thank you. Know that your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated and is making a difference.

Ps91 has always been a great school and has great teachers I have been happy sending both of my children there and I wished it went to 8th grade so my children wouldn't have to leave

I find P.S 91 to be a wonderful school. Most of the teachers are caring, helpful,competent, and knowledgeable. I have a child that graduated this school and the education she received help to equip her for junior high school and the heavy work load that comes with it. I have a younger child attending this school as well and his writing and early reading skills are improving vastly and school has only been in session 2 months. What the school needs is funding for a wider range of programs and more parental involvement. Both of which are issues that are out of the schools hands. ~An Involved parent

I have had nothing but a good experience with this school. I have 1 child that graduated from P.S 91 and have 2 other children that currently attend this school. I have had a few minor issues in the pass, but as soon as I brought it to the attention of the staff I was helped immediately and the issues were solved. Ms. Feliciano the Parent/teacher coordinator is a caring, giving, and wonderful asset to the school and is very knowledgeable on the everything and anything involving this school and the Board of Ed rules & regulations. Ms.Psahos the Assistant Principal stands out as a another excellent and helpful person at this school. The teachers are great with the exception of a handful (but that is like everything else in life). Mrs. Catalano (Principal) has made great changes in this school over the years she has spent here. The PTA is pretty good at getting kids excited about school and trying to get parents involved. Although there might be some work needed in the PTA as far a a shift in staff, I think it is time for a new President. Then maybe there would be more parental involvement. Otherwise A+ for 91.

Many times that I went to pick up my nephew from school, the school needs to work on dismissal, it's chaotic during that time. Plus the classes are overcrowded. my nephew has also mentioned that his teacher does not check his homework, maybe once a week. He's in first grade.

I am a student in P.S.91Q I in this school from K-5 i'm starting 5 grade. The teacher"s are very kind,caring,strick,and very thoghtful. I LOVE P.S.91Q!!!!

Ps.91 is great school, I have 3 kids in this school, great teachers and very hight education level. My child was principal honor roll, so proud!

My just graduated from this school. All I can say is that principal, teachers and staff are all amazing people. I'm really sad that my son will no longer attend. My son attended as a special needs student and being in this school he's progressed so much. I feel really safe sending to school every day.

Last modified Ps 91 Richard Arkwright is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.