Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,189

Is 93 Ridgewood 4

Posted June 23, 2011
I am a 2001 graduate of IS 93. This school has many great teachers. My most memorable moment was with my Spanish teachers. They helped me learn Spanish through non-traditional means, such as having the class watch Telemundo and Univision, and Betty La Fea, and to report in class on a news story or an episode of the famous soap opera. The student population was very diverse. This gave me the exposure to other cultures and to learn about our differences, and be able to work with each other.

Posted September 23, 2010
I am in 8th grade my 6th and 7th years were fantastic. teachers were fun and loving. 6th grade was a blast and lots of fun, 7th grade was preparing and challenging after that my 8 th grade o far is nerve wrecking because of the high schools. But still my 3 years there were awesome

Posted September 25, 2009
Though there a quite a few flaws, I still love this school. The teachers are great and unlike most teachers from different schools, they are hilarious, and even then you still learn something. Though they are hilarious/fun loving, they are also very strict, which is essential in a child's education (or me).The rest of the staff are extremely kind, for they help you with whatever you need. For example, when I was a freshman in this school I was lost. A school-aid came up to me and helped me find my way, and I had never forgot that moment since. This is why I think IS93 should win America's Favorite School Contest!

Posted April 02, 2009
It is a wonderful school. Many High Schools accept students from here

Posted August 23, 2008
i was in this school for a long time and itss great school..ive met the real meaning of education i love IS 93 Its the best ! u also get to meat excellent teachers that prepare you for the future and great students to share a life time with !

Posted June 09, 2008
i am currently a 7th grader here and i love it. I have soo much fun and the school has a lot of programs to get into. They have after school programs and programs during class like photography, drama, guitar, piano, and more. I love this school and i'll never change to a different school!

Posted January 11, 2008
I'm currently in the 7th grade and i have to say all and all i love it there. I mean the teachers always put there heart and soul into what they do and they love every minute of it as well as the students. This school offers so much that they never stop giving. There are so many activities to take part in that you'd want to join like guitar, photography, drama and dance. This school is defiantly safe. Every corner you turn there is someone watching out for you, whether its a teacher, a school aid, an assisant principal or even a security guard. Me and my friends totally agree that this school is awesome and we wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

Posted October 26, 2007
My name is Delores Leandry. I went to I.s.93 for 2 years i am a graduate of class 2006 and I have never had such a good time in school. People were so nice and I.S.93 is a good school they teach very well. I left New York and came to Georgia and now they are giving me a scholarship to college and im only in 10 grade. I.S. 93 is very strict about school work. The deans do not play games espically Mr.Turner. Kids will go striaght to class. School lunch could never be better. I think you should chose this school for your child beacuse your child just might turn out to be very succesful and smart with a scholarship In the future. Good luck!!!!!

Posted October 19, 2007
Iused to go to is93 and i rate it a 10 i loved it i loved the teachers, all of the teachers in is93 thought there lessons with passion, they made every student understand they treated them nice and made class fun. students were diciplined if a student misbehaved they were sent to the deans office. i never saw smoking or drug use theachers were always for the kids safty it was almost impossible to skipschool or class because theachers were alwayas suspicios, i garrentee that your child will be safe in this school. is93 has advanced tecnology evry student had there own laptop. every student that went to is93 improved very much the students in is93 were alays participating they were always into thier work. they loved school, besides that there is alot of activities there are talent shows drama music olympics and more

Is 93 Ridgewood 3

Posted September 05, 2007
This school only gets 3 stars. It was overcrowded. I was in fear of my safety from other students. Some teachers didn't even care about you. My only favorite memories were only of those spent with my friends.

66-56 Forest Avenue, Queens, NY  11385
Last modified Is 93 Ridgewood is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 93 Ridgewood Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top