Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,245

Posted April 17, 2014
This school excels in providing academic excellence. I love this school. from their security systems, to their advanced attendance system to their exquisitely chosen academic programs and teachers.

Posted November 14, 2013
PS102 in Queens is one of the best schools in NYC. I believe that one of the reasons that make this such a great school is it's principal, Mr. Pisacano. He really cares about the school and it's students. You won't find that in many of the public schools today. Thank you Mr. Piscano for all you do !!

Posted May 22, 2013
After reading the parent and students reviews of P. S. 102, I realize the names of the teachers and principal may have changed, but the essence of the school I attended, remains the same. I was a student at P. S. 102 from 1963-64 in Ms. Kalin's 5th period class. Even then, the school was a very warm and caring environment for everyone - especially a newly arrived immigrant as myself. Ms. Kalin was a no-nonsense school marm, who cared deeply about our education. My most memorable moment there occurred on November 22, 1963. I was in a hallway and saw one of the parents who helped in the office (Mrs. Bianchi) crying. I asked what was wrong and she told me the President had been shot. I was not sure what that meant right then. Going back to class, the principal came on the PA and made the same announcement, and then school was dismissed. We've never been the same since. As I close out my own 38-year career as a high school teacher, this school remains very much a cornerstone in my life.

Posted January 30, 2013
My son is graduating this year and while I am happy he is moving on to high school, I know he will be sad to leave PS 102. This is an excellent school with a great community. I commend all the staff and Mr. Pisacano, the principal, for making it a safe and nurturing environment for my son. Thank you very much and may you all be blessed always.

Posted October 23, 2012
I really love this school. I've been here since 4th grade and nonow i'm in the 7th grade. It's a really cool school and everyone is so nice. Mr.Mac is awesome!

Posted June 27, 2012
I wish to thank all of the teachers and staff of PS/IS 102 for helping make my son the person he is today. The caring and nurturing was above and beyond my expectations. I want to also congratulate the graduating class of 2012.

Posted May 21, 2012
I've just got to say that Ps/Is 102 is one of the best schools in New York. First of all, all of the teachers are great, and they actually know what they're doing. The principal actually builds relationships with the students. We have many activities. All in all, P.s/I.s 102Q is a very good school. I recommend parents to at least apply to this school.You won't be dissapointed.

Posted May 12, 2011
I go to school here. Overall i love this school, but sometimes i don't because of some people there. Mr. Gebhardt is my favorite teacher. MR>GEBHARDT ALL THE WAY!!!

Ps 102 Bayview 4

Posted May 25, 2010
My daughter is in second grade and I as a parent have excellent experience with the teachers so far. There is always, I am sure as in any other school, teachers that are not I would probably say helpful, as most of them are. Overall it is a great school.

Posted May 10, 2010
As a parent that went through the NYC public school system herself as well as my now teen daughter, I can attest when I say that my son in 2nd grade is in the best public school I have ever had to deal with as a student and parent. The teachers and staff are all very caring and extremely dedicated to their profession. It's a great priviledge to have my son attend P.S.102Q.

Ps 102 Bayview
55-24 Van Horn Street, Queens, NY  11373
Last modified Ps 102 Bayview is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 102 Bayview Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top