Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted September 22, 2015
My son has been attending this school since Kindergarten and he is now in 5th grade. It is one of the best schools in Queens and under the leadership of Mr. Pisacano and his staff, it has excelled in many ways. My one, slightly negative comment is that classes are becoming larger and the child-to-teacher ratio becoming greater. I'm sure it's easier said then done, but having a teacher's aide along side the teacher would help. However, I look forward to seeing greater achievements for the school and it's school community under the new leadership of Principal Ko.

Ps 102 Bayview
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted September 17, 2015
P.S 102 queens school office did not work properly. I am very disappointed with school office.

Ps 102 Bayview 2

Posted September 17, 2015
Some people kids entered the school ,without living in school zone and my son can't enter. I registered for him since May 2015. The school office did not work properly and my son had to go another school p.s 58 queens.

Posted April 17, 2014
This school excels in providing academic excellence. I love this school. from their security systems, to their advanced attendance system to their exquisitely chosen academic programs and teachers.

Posted May 22, 2013
After reading the parent and students reviews of P. S. 102, I realize the names of the teachers and principal may have changed, but the essence of the school I attended, remains the same. I was a student at P. S. 102 from 1963-64 in Ms. Kalin's 5th period class. Even then, the school was a very warm and caring environment for everyone - especially a newly arrived immigrant as myself. Ms. Kalin was a no-nonsense school marm, who cared deeply about our education. My most memorable moment there occurred on November 22, 1963. I was in a hallway and saw one of the parents who helped in the office (Mrs. Bianchi) crying. I asked what was wrong and she told me the President had been shot. I was not sure what that meant right then. Going back to class, the principal came on the PA and made the same announcement, and then school was dismissed. We've never been the same since. As I close out my own 38-year career as a high school teacher, this school remains very much a cornerstone in my life.

Posted January 30, 2013
My son is graduating this year and while I am happy he is moving on to high school, I know he will be sad to leave PS 102. This is an excellent school with a great community. I commend all the staff and Mr. Pisacano, the principal, for making it a safe and nurturing environment for my son. Thank you very much and may you all be blessed always.

Posted October 23, 2012
I really love this school. I've been here since 4th grade and nonow i'm in the 7th grade. It's a really cool school and everyone is so nice. Mr.Mac is awesome!

Posted June 27, 2012
I wish to thank all of the teachers and staff of PS/IS 102 for helping make my son the person he is today. The caring and nurturing was above and beyond my expectations. I want to also congratulate the graduating class of 2012.

Posted May 21, 2012
I've just got to say that Ps/Is 102 is one of the best schools in New York. First of all, all of the teachers are great, and they actually know what they're doing. The principal actually builds relationships with the students. We have many activities. All in all, P.s/I.s 102Q is a very good school. I recommend parents to at least apply to this school.You won't be dissapointed.

Posted May 12, 2011
I go to school here. Overall i love this school, but sometimes i don't because of some people there. Mr. Gebhardt is my favorite teacher. MR>GEBHARDT ALL THE WAY!!!

Ps 102 Bayview
55-24 Van Horn Street, Queens, NY  11373
Last modified Ps 102 Bayview is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.