Queens, NY

Ps 107 Thomas A Dooley 1

Posted March 05, 2015
I don't think a school is goodif it fforces it's students to come to test prep at 7am, they miss breakfast, they are tired and can't concentrate, the school does not care about the kids or what the parents think, they are in the process of adding another school into this crowded one without the care of anyone but the money. This is not the school for your kid. Only 1/3 kids passed common core.

Posted January 09, 2015
Some teachers are good, but some teachers are VERY bad. my sons had very bad teachers when they were kindergarten and 1st grade. those women were yelling at kids, interruptint them, and only wanted to hear what they wanted. kids were terrified and did not talk much in the classroom. it was like a boot camp or juvinile facility. they picked 1 or two very obedient and smart kids, name them as "star students" and give all the good roles and leader roles to them. other kids were treated just like "rest of the class" and given no attention at all. the new principal is just busy to run the school by the book and create all the rules and regulations to make the business easier for the administrators, and does not look like she cares the quality of life of the kids in her school. This school is severly overated, maybe by the realtors who want to sell houses around this school with high price. but, please, don't expect much. oh, did I mention about the classrooms with no AC or fan?

Posted October 02, 2014
I have just graduated from this school and let me say it was okay. I was only here for 4th to 5th grade but let me tell you one thing, I sure know how this school works. First of all, the classes are too crowded. Whenever I raised my hand it took a while for the teacher to get to me. Another thing is that the classrooms are too small. The rooms are pretty cramped. Some rooms don't have an AC! Some rooms without it don't even have a fan! In my fifth grade class on the last month (June) I wore a tank and shorts and still sweating. Something I really love is that some teachers are really (REALLY) nice yet are also strict, which is good. Another thing I enjoyed was the violin program. Sadly this year they replaced it with creative dance! >:( I prefer violin because out of school, violin classes are expensive. And to add, they spend too much time on movies (during teacher's prep) and extra recess. That is a lot of time wasted. Also, the school was not so organized, since they would give notices at the last minute. That basically states all my complaints so thanks for reading :D. FYI, the science teachers and the 5th grade IGC teacher are some of the best teachers in the world!

Posted November 18, 2013
P.S. 107 Thomas A Dooley Overall I must say this school is excellent. All my kids are currently attending and up to now all but one teacher was excellent. They really do take the time and effort to attend to the needs of all the children, It's no easy task considering there are approx 30 kids per class. The current principal is too new for me to make a firm judgement, but so far there is nothing negative to report. I have no experience with other elementary schools but one thing that surprised me was the amount of parent involvement at PS 107. Several times a year parents are invited to class. Of course, it's optional but most of the time the classrooms are packed with parents. There are also many workshops for kids and parents led by the parent coordinator. They really do try and promote parent participation. PS 107 also has ZERO tolerance for bullying. One of my kids was a little on the "rough" side the first few years and I can't tell you how many times we were called in. The teachers and school counselor met and spoke with me many times to try to resolve his problems. It took a while but my son finally settled down is a now well adjusted and studious child.

Posted March 31, 2013
Very disappointed about this school. Few teachers are good.Many others need to move on. Leadership very weak. Classes crowded .

Posted July 26, 2011
This is a wonderful school. My kids loved learning and attending every day. They have a great Parent Coordinator, who is easy to access for information or help with any situation. The Guidance department works with any issues you might be having school or home to make the year run smoothly with your child. I love this school.

Posted June 08, 2011
I'm 20 years old now. I went to school at P.S 107 for 3rd and 4th grade and I remember my experience being nothing but good memories. The teachers I had were all great I remember Mrs. Holley (hope i have the spelling correct) being an amazing teacher. If your child goes here I'm sure he or she is having a great experience as did I.

Posted March 14, 2011
This school is absolutely the best. The school is SUPER clean, which makes for a better learning enviroment. The teachers are so nice and only strict when they have to be. The principal, Mr.Phair is amazing. He is genuinely nice and he makes the school even better. They have so many events and activities for the children.. I miss it so much.

Posted April 29, 2010
I love this school because it hes a warm, clean, friendly and welcoming look and feel. I also love P.S. 107 because both of my boys grades 5 and 3 also love their school. They love going to school each day, I think we can all agree as parents that there is nothing more important then that. They feel safe and comfortable there each and everyday.

Posted April 29, 2010
excellent school a lot of great programs and extra activities for the kid true the year.

167-02 45th Avenue, Queens, NY  11358
Last modified Ps 107 Thomas A Dooley is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 107 Thomas A Dooley Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top