Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My oldest son used to go there (I moved him to 119 to the Beacon Program, where he is much happier), my youngest still does. The school has a lot of bullying going on among the kids. They are afraid that they would be punished by teachers AND peers if they report on bullying. That everyone, including school staff, will name them "tattletales." Most teachers also like nd promote the good-looking, popular kids, while paying visibly less attention to the ones who are just "average". Also the school is permanently after funding, and tries to "play it poor": every year, we get a lot of messages and "pushes" from the school's administrators to make up incomes so the school would qualify for the "free stuff" from government. The school's ratings have lowered considerably since Mr. Pranzo's (the former Principal) death in 2011. If my kids were to start going to school now, I would have chosen a different neighborhood/zoning. I would not have my kids enrolled in 113.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They try to put everyone into the same "pot", there no approach to different learning styles. Really, none. I had/have kids going to 113 for eight years now.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

The school's leadership does not represent the community the school is located in.

Develops character: Disagree

Lots of bullying going on in this school, no one seems to care.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Kids are not challenged, teachers work with the smarter ones only. They prefer the easy work.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most teachers are effective some more then others. Some are not fair or are too struck. Some need to teach a little clearer but over all effective

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is good kids learn from this they are just right . As long as homework has to do with what they are learning its fine

Develops character: Agree

Schools teaches us to be honest and most teachers are fair. Test are fair and there is some tutoring available

This school is great when it comes to education. Teachers help prepare you for test, future test and next grade. The disadvantage is students have clicks when it gets to middle school. If you are popular and have many friends then you are sure to be voted in for student council if not then forget about running. Some teachers have favorites but I guess that's how it is all over. The help at the school are the best especially Mrs. Gerry and Mrs. Linda. Overall school is better then many I attended here years ago and know people who here now, school prepared me well for future school. I had transfer from 3r grade from another school once I attended ps 113 I found out I was way behind, but I caught up, and even reached the top. This is why it's a 9 out of 10 school. Ps I never saw or experience any bullying at this school just a little peer pressure, but it was fine it made me stronger

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They do not teach respect. I do not care for the staff. They can all burn in hell.

Last modified Ps 113 Isaac Chauncey is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.