Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

P.S. 115 Glen Oaks 3

Posted June 04, 2016
I drive 15 mins just to send my kid to G&T class(kinder) and it's seems it's not worth it. Two G&T class are so different in academics one is just superior to the other. Since they will be mixed and divided moving into 1st grade I have great concern whether my child would be able to catch up. Of course I had meetings with teacher and it seems this teacher is all sugar talk. So often many materials are not updated and homework are given without directions, we(parents) have to exchange messages just to check them. The school hired under qualified G&T teacher and they are just covering her. Yes, it is her first time teaching G&T. This teacher only taught pre-K level kids before hired as Kinder G&T class teacher... Shame / 1st grade and I feel lucky what my daughter has for her teacher. Homework is somewhat intense and the whole school gives out homework during short break and it is overwhelming. I hope they thinks twice about what is education should be. My guess is that Chinese & Indian are very competitive and they are pushing it too far. I am thinking about moving to new neighborhood where there's less of those people. The class size is now at 23 and its limit is 28???!!!!!!!! How many minutes of the teacher's time my daughter could have in one day? I guess less than 5 minutes.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 04, 2016
G & T classes are over crowded any where from 20's to 28 kids in one class. Teacher can't care for all of them and they found one way to keep kids under control. Homeworks..!!! It's is hefty amount regular days and even it is overwhelming during short break and holiday weekends. You might need 2-3 days out of a week short break for homework. Is this good education? or Are they only care about state test score for the school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 04, 2016
Mr. Kevin Burke, Parent Coordinator at P.S.115Q, is an extraordinary example of kindness, thoughtfulness and being very accessible to all parents. He responds quickly to all telephone calls, written notes and emails. I have emailed him in the evening and he still responds to my questions from home. Thank you Mr. Burke for your outreach to parents and supporting us at every PTA function. Thank you also for knowing our children's names.

P.S. 115 Glen Oaks 5

Posted April 10, 2016
P.S.115 is a very special school. Whenever I have a concern or a question, the Parent Coordinator, Principal or Assistant Principal always respond very quickly. The always put me at ease for my child. I feel very comfortable at P.S.115 and I highly recommend this school. Thank you Mr. Burke for always being there for my child and all the families.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 08, 2015
This school has an outstanding Administration along with a devoted Parent Coordinator who instills a love of learning and a support system for all parents.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 23, 2015
So grateful to have Mrs Vitola this yr. Last yr was a nightmare . Mrs Vitola is creative and does not have to yell to instill discipline. I cannot forget Mr Burke who has always been so so so wonderful !

P.S. 115 Glen Oaks 2

Posted November 20, 2015
My child goes to PS 115 for G&T class, who had a wonderful kindergarten teacher and loved every minute of school. This year in 1st grade, the teacher has a very different style and yells at students all the time, even neighboring class students know it. My child has since been fearful of the teacher and has negatively affected my child's emotion. My child is only fearful of this one teacher and not the others. We spoke to the principle during 2nd week of school but have not seen much improvements from the teacher. I met with the principle again and hope she finally hears our concerns as parents and provide the requested solution, without further escalation.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 24, 2015
P.S.115Q has a very caring and compassionate Principal, Assistant Principal and Parent Coordinator. Each of them are always available to address the needs and concerns of parents and students. They are highly visible and know many of the children by name. I can always rely on Mr. Burke to reply to my emails and guide me. Our Assistant Principal and Mr. Burke are always outside during dismissal times which makes me feel very comfortable that my child is safe. What a wonderful school!

P.S. 115 Glen Oaks 5

Posted June 24, 2015
This was a great neighborhood to grow up in and the teachers were amazing! The school also has great diversity.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 23, 2015
I just saw the post below this and I'm shocked by the attitude of that parent. My child is also in g&t and it's been wonderful. She adores the teacher, who has an incredible way of interacting with children. I couldn't be happier that Ms. Sciortino hired her this year! To the parent below, how about take an interest in your child as a person and not in pounding math into a 4 year old. The shame is on you, not the teacher.

80-51 261st Street, Queens, NY  11004
Last modified P.S. 115 Glen Oaks is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.