Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I drive 15 mins just to send my kid to G&T class(kinder) and it's seems it's not worth it. Two G&T class are so different in academics one is just superior to the other. Since they will be mixed and divided moving into 1st grade I have great concern whether my child would be able to catch up. Of course I had meetings with teacher and it seems this teacher is all sugar talk. So often many materials are not updated and homework are given without directions, we(parents) have to exchange messages just to check them. The school hired under qualified G&T teacher and they are just covering her. Yes, it is her first time teaching G&T. This teacher only taught pre-K level kids before hired as Kinder G&T class teacher... Shame / 1st grade and I feel lucky what my daughter has for her teacher. Homework is somewhat intense and the whole school gives out homework during short break and it is overwhelming. I hope they thinks twice about what is education should be. My guess is that Chinese & Indian are very competitive and they are pushing it too far. I am thinking about moving to new neighborhood where there's less of those people. The class size is now at 23 and its limit is 28???!!!!!!!! How many minutes of the teacher's time my daughter could have in one day? I guess less than 5 minutes.

Amount of homework: Disagree

G & T classes are over crowded any where from 20's to 28 kids in one class. Teacher can't care for all of them and they found one way to keep kids under control. Homeworks..!!! It's is hefty amount regular days and even it is overwhelming during short break and holiday weekends. You might need 2-3 days out of a week short break for homework. Is this good education? or Are they only care about state test score for the school.

P.S.115 is a very special school. Whenever I have a concern or a question, the Parent Coordinator, Principal or Assistant Principal always respond very quickly. The always put me at ease for my child. I feel very comfortable at P.S.115 and I highly recommend this school. Thank you Mr. Burke for always being there for my child and all the families.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school has an outstanding Administration along with a devoted Parent Coordinator who instills a love of learning and a support system for all parents.

My child goes to PS 115 for G&T class, who had a wonderful kindergarten teacher and loved every minute of school. This year in 1st grade, the teacher has a very different style and yells at students all the time, even neighboring class students know it. My child has since been fearful of the teacher and has negatively affected my child's emotion. My child is only fearful of this one teacher and not the others. We spoke to the principle during 2nd week of school but have not seen much improvements from the teacher. I met with the principle again and hope she finally hears our concerns as parents and provide the requested solution, without further escalation.

This was a great neighborhood to grow up in and the teachers were amazing! The school also has great diversity.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I just saw the post below this and I'm shocked by the attitude of that parent. My child is also in g&t and it's been wonderful. She adores the teacher, who has an incredible way of interacting with children. I couldn't be happier that Ms. Sciortino hired her this year! To the parent below, how about take an interest in your child as a person and not in pounding math into a 4 year old. The shame is on you, not the teacher.

Pros: The school principal and assistant principal are very hands on. Either one or both attends all school events and know a lot of the kids by name. They also have a great resource of cluster classes. The kids go to a different specialty everyday! (science, music, art, computers, social studies and media center) It keeps the kids moving. I also attend the PTA meetings and they seem to keep trying to pull more programs INTO the school and not out! GT Review: My child is in the GT class. It is somewhat challenging but usually just very repetitive. They do not take the lessons a step further with enrichment materials. Math is not the focus here. They focus more on reading/writing. If you plan to put your child in for GT be prepared for a lot of writing assignments. I wish it had more balance as a lot of GT kids could benefit from a STEM based program. Overall I am happy with the school. It was actually my 3rd choice but in the end I think this school was the best option for us.

I am so disappointed that up to now what they have in their Math class is about shapes, take note only the Basic shapes! and some baby stuff in ELA/Reading. My child is in the G&T Program!!! She's starting to ask me already why her work was so "babyish" and "boring". "I got more work in my Pre-k". The 4days long weekend that we have right now, No HW, reading log or whatsoever! Calling the admin of PS115, pls help their teacher!

What a great school. As a parent of a child in the G&T program it was difficult at first to choose the right school for him. I am happy to say that my son is doing great. The education they are providing is exceptional. The new science lab, computer lab, music class, art class and the involvement of the teachers and Principal has definitely made a positive impact on my child's education. He thoroughly enjoys school. Lastly, the parents all seem very involved in their child's education and are friendly. I do not regret my choice in school and encourage other G&T parents to consider this amazing program.

Last modified P.S. 115 Glen Oaks is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.