Bad
Good

I know from first hand about ps118 the staff is rude from the school safety officer up to the principal the goal is not educate all kids but to promote some and to demote others the staff will do all in their to power prevent certain kid from have a meaningful education they will make stories about kids to destroy their self esteem.

My son had been going here for three years, both last year and this year they split his class up and send the students to new classrooms leaving the children to catch themselves up. My son had always been an honor student and this year he is having the worst time trying to catch up,i tell him to ask his teacher for help and he says"mommy I did and she said she doesn't have time for all that" shocking isn't it he's only in 3rd grade. Very disappointed in what this school has become

its a great school good teachers students staff members but sometimes there to harsh on the kids but other wise its wonderful school and i think it should go up to grade 8

The last two reviews are a true to every word..Your kids arent safe both inside or outside the school. The office staff is rude and unhelpful. The discpline level is at 0.....This school once was a good school but since this new principal took over all fell down......This school is a failing school

I agree with the comment below. When my daughter attended that school last year. I witness a group of kids fighting each other, bullying another child. I was looking for a security guard or someone who was outside NO ONE I decided the break up the fight and yell at the kids and they all ran. I told the security guard and she stated that she was not supposed to leave that desk at all. I was shock that a school has a system like that. My glad that my daughter got accepted to the new charter school few blocks away. I love her new school. Good ridding Public School

At times I fear for my children's safety. I've witnessed several fights where staff members just sat around and watched. I myself had to come to the children's aid. Unacceptable.

PS118Q is one of the greatest schools in Queens. When my son got expelled from P.S 36Q because of his behavior (AHDH), I enrolled him in PS118Q. The school accepted and cared for him with all his problems, but I must admit, if it was not for the councilors who are well trained to deal with students like my son. My son's life and mine would have been a nightmare. My son is now in the gifted program at that shcool. He received a 4 on his ELA and a high 3 on this math exam in 2008. Thank you PS118Q.

Great school my sisters.Brothers and I went here and now our kids

It is the best school so far the teachers and staff are very nice and friendly and they try to help you in any way ever

the school is great, teachers are wonderful,but the kids need more control in the classroom and lunch room.

Last modified Ps 118 Lorraine Hansberry is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.