Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some teachers care more than others. I experienced this first hand last year. This year whole other ball game.

I have to say that my experience with p.s122 in th beginning was very shaky and poor. This year I've seen a hugh difference. The teachers are more caring,and determined to make sure your kid learns.

Great Teachers, Great Staff I have my son there for 4 years now and I could not be happier. The principal is amazing the secretaries are sweethearts and the PTA cares about the best interests of the school, students and faculty

Develops character: Agree

always honest always fair you feel extra comfortable drooping off your child to school every morning

Love this school, I have my two kids in this school and we loved! They are very well educated and the principal is amazing!

I usually don't respond to these sites because the experience is different for everyone. But to say that you have to be white to be treated properly is ignorance at its best. Whites are the minority in this school. Obviously you did not spend much time at this school. One example of the diversity is the annual culture night that will usually have over 20 countries being represented. With such a closed mind I can see why you could not appreciate diversity and a great education.

PS 122 is a great school if your white. Because WE as Hispanic we were treated very poorly. Took my daughter out of that school and she is much happier in a very school. With very very helpful teacher and a super stuff .

My daughter has been in PS122 since kindergarten and it has been great so far! She is now in 1st grade and her reading and math skills are amazing!! I'm bring my son on board in September! The teachers are great!

One of the great school @. NYC . My older son was in this school , now my younger son goes in ps 122. I am so so happy

Great small school that focuses on academics and excellence. There's 2 parts to this wonderful school: an elementary school (which has gifted and non-gifted programs) and a top-rated gifted middle school. My review is on their dynamic gifted middle school school program. Its a rigorous program that give students the skills and foundation needed to enter the top high schools in the city. Over 95% of the 2013 graduating class received acceptance to the specialized high schools. Their scores rank high both in the state tests and in the 8th grade Regents in Algebra, Science and Spanish. A phenomenal dedicated staff of teachers and administrators make the learning environment positive and nurturing. My son was accepted into his dream high school (Stuyvesant) & is transitioning well because of the great academic foundation he received at this school. Thanks to Ms. Nunez he entered Stuy with fluency of Jr yr level Spanish. Of all his teachers he misses her the most. we both miss the small caring community feeling of this wonderful school. Its by far the best Middle School in Queens & I understand it ranks 3rd in NYC. May this record continue!

Last modified Ps 122 Mamie Fay is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.