Queens, NY

Posted May 16, 2014
This has made a great turn around since the new Principal Mr. Hooks came in. He is working on improving the standards of this schools and it shows. He has implemented a lot of new incentives for the students to work hard and achieve great grades and I'm happy about that. Some of the teachers still have to work on their attidude towards the students and stop treating them like a bunch of inner city kids that can't learn. If you work hard with the kids they will work hard too.

Posted April 30, 2014
Very good school high standard of class work. The principal is doing a great job.

Posted April 29, 2014
There is a strong commitment from the new Principal Mr. Hooks, and the school is making many positive changes.

Ps 123 5

Posted December 22, 2012
I am a graduate of this school, 1956 to 1963. ( or there abouts). Mrs. Hersh was my kindergarten teacher, Loved Her. Gave Mrs. Foul a hard time (4th grade) They did the best they could with me. Smart but Disobedient, Oh Well. I pray for all the workers and for the success of their efforts. It Ain't Easy. GOD BLESS ALL

Posted September 03, 2012
I wish there were more afterschool programs avaiable to the kids there. Getting out at 2 pm in the afternoon is a struggle for everyday working parents.

Ps 123 5

Posted May 02, 2012
I dearly love this school and my daughter as well. When she came last September 2011 she had a lot of educational issues which stemed from the previous school. The teachers saw this and diligently made it their job to help my daughter to do better. I am proud to say my daughter was student of the month this past March. She also brought home several perfect attendence certificates. She is shining and so happy where she is at. From what I heard this school has improved from several years ago. Which is so obvious from these old and previous posts.

Ps 123 2

Posted June 03, 2010
some teachers have no companssion for the children and their issues. Staff tell the students to talk to them ans report wrong doings,but when the child does so they get shut down and turned away. Confusing the children and they feel they cannot trust staff.

Ps 123 0

Posted January 22, 2010
This is the # 1 school in my area , all teachers are very proffessional and teat my daughter like princess .I am so happy my daughter goes to this school .all teachers loves my maliha begum bless you all regards Mohamad Khan

Posted November 07, 2009
This school is growing and changing. The principal has a strong personality which may be intimidating to some, but the students seem to respect her. She has done impressive work to get a beautiful new playground built, lap tops for each student in most of the classrooms, and smart boards in many classrooms. There are also 3D movie nights hosted in the school's auditorium every other month. Parent involvement is very low and the school and students suffer as a result. Most of the teachers show that they care very much about the students and about educating them. The other staff do seem to 'yell' an awful lot to get the kids to listen, but are working on making changes, such as playing music in the cafeteria during lunch. There is still work to be done at this school, but they are moving in the right direction.

Ps 123 1

Posted October 23, 2008

Ps 123
145-01 119th Avenue, Queens, NY  11436
Last modified Ps 123 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 123 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top