Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,735

Is 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside 4

Posted March 16, 2014
I believe IS 125 is a great school. The staff are more than willing to help the students with just about anything. My daughter went from an 84 average to a 91 average in just one year. As a transfer student from a Long Island High School, we were very surprised to encounter a very challenging level of academics. The opportunity to excel is there. It is up to the students and parents to take advantage. We did encounter a few bad apples, but the dean and guidance counselor were right on point. I highly recommend this school as long as your intention is to focus on you academic achievements. Otherwise, it is probably better to attend a different school

Posted September 26, 2013
my school is great teachers are really good and they help you with the big drama...

Posted August 02, 2013
This is a great school that my friends referral me, and told my daughter to registered for this school, she will be attending this school in coming Sep 2013. Can't wait...................

Is 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside 2

Posted December 12, 2012
For a school that gives 3+ hours of homework a night, how in the world are they only scoring 43% for fifth graders in English Language Arts? It's time to cut back on the homework and do more actual learning IN CLASS. This neighborhood is very high in non-English speaking immigrants. How can parents possibly help kids learn when they don't know the language themselves? Answer: THEY CAN'T! Scores for math are only 20 points high, in the mid 60%. Rather than scare the children with giving poor grades for homework being late or incomplete, and having homework be so large a percentage of the grades, they should be focusing on in-class learning. I've caught my child's ELA teacher in numerous grammatical errors including misspelling spelling test words.

Is 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside 3

Posted September 22, 2010
This is a very good and safe school. The staff is very helpful and easy to speak with, students are "friendly", and the 'Unified Arts' period is very fun when you choose what you enjoy learning (Music, art, computers, etc); however there are some negative aspects of the school: students are divided by "intelligence" into different classes, some teachers teach extremely basic material, that a third grader would know. The bathroom rules are a mess too. This school is a good school, but everything has negative aspects.

Posted December 01, 2009
This school was awesome. I was there from 6-8 grade and all the teachers were helpful, nice and fun. The staff at this school really knows what they are doing and when it comes to preparing for statewide exams and Regents Examinations, they do everything they can to help out. The only downside to this school is that its a little overcrowded but the level of education tops it and most of the students are very nice and friendly.

Posted October 20, 2008
i was a student in this school and I had so many wonderful memories. I am currently a sophomore and I still connect with the great friends I made in I.S.125. I love most of the teachers (few..very few are..er, quite lazy).When I first attended this school, I learned to play few instruments, play sports, meet awesome students and teachers and I wouldn't trade these memories fro any thing

Is 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside 1

Posted October 11, 2008
Parents do not know how students are in this school. They are bullied, Hw is copied and when they defend themselves, deans will punish them rather then the person who bullied. Room and school is over crowded and peer pressure is a high in this school. What i think is, if your child goes here get him to transfer out immediately. Also if you go here, forget about going to a specialized highschool, the material you learn here is nothing compared to what is on the test, you would need to go to prep school.

Is 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside 2

Posted September 18, 2006
I have 3 children, 2 in a local elementary school and one started IS 125 in September, 2006. I m concerned because my oldest son that attends IS 125 does not receive the same caring and compassion that he received at his elementary school. It also seems that he is learning things now that he leaned 2 years ago at his elementary school. I know teachers have to review but this is concerning.

Is 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside 3

Posted June 01, 2006
This school is very good in teachers but needs more funding. Arts and Computers are well hoever it is very crowded.

Is 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside
46-02 47th Avenue, Queens, NY  11377
Last modified Is 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Is 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top