Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Disagree

Most of the kids are way behind or way ahead.

Being in honors classes for seventh and eighth grades really allowed me to build a sense of responsibility and appreciation for my education. I learned to be focused and determined to reach my goals from my teachers and this has definitely made the transition from middle school to high school easier.

I believe IS 125 is a great school. The staff are more than willing to help the students with just about anything. My daughter went from an 84 average to a 91 average in just one year. As a transfer student from a Long Island High School, we were very surprised to encounter a very challenging level of academics. The opportunity to excel is there. It is up to the students and parents to take advantage. We did encounter a few bad apples, but the dean and guidance counselor were right on point. I highly recommend this school as long as your intention is to focus on you academic achievements. Otherwise, it is probably better to attend a different school

I was a student in this school now am a freshmen in this dumb high school anyway my thoughts of this school is that it is the most amazing and hardworking school everyone is friendly and there always there for you no matter what they support you I honestly miss this school I love the deans,principle and teachers

my school is great teachers are really good and they help you with the big drama...

This is a great school that my friends referral me, and told my daughter to registered for this school, she will be attending this school in coming Sep 2013. Can't wait...................

For a school that gives 3+ hours of homework a night, how in the world are they only scoring 43% for fifth graders in English Language Arts? It's time to cut back on the homework and do more actual learning IN CLASS. This neighborhood is very high in non-English speaking immigrants. How can parents possibly help kids learn when they don't know the language themselves? Answer: THEY CAN'T! Scores for math are only 20 points high, in the mid 60%. Rather than scare the children with giving poor grades for homework being late or incomplete, and having homework be so large a percentage of the grades, they should be focusing on in-class learning. I've caught my child's ELA teacher in numerous grammatical errors including misspelling spelling test words.

This is a very good and safe school. The staff is very helpful and easy to speak with, students are "friendly", and the 'Unified Arts' period is very fun when you choose what you enjoy learning (Music, art, computers, etc); however there are some negative aspects of the school: students are divided by "intelligence" into different classes, some teachers teach extremely basic material, that a third grader would know. The bathroom rules are a mess too. This school is a good school, but everything has negative aspects.

This school was awesome. I was there from 6-8 grade and all the teachers were helpful, nice and fun. The staff at this school really knows what they are doing and when it comes to preparing for statewide exams and Regents Examinations, they do everything they can to help out. The only downside to this school is that its a little overcrowded but the level of education tops it and most of the students are very nice and friendly.

i was a student in this school and I had so many wonderful memories. I am currently a sophomore and I still connect with the great friends I made in I.S.125. I love most of the teachers (few..very few are..er, quite lazy).When I first attended this school, I learned to play few instruments, play sports, meet awesome students and teachers and I wouldn't trade these memories fro any thing

Last modified Is 125 Thomas J Mccann Woodside is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.