Queens, NY

Posted April 30, 2014
Great school, the teacher's are really working towards the future of the kids. However, as parents we need to support the school and our children by being more involve.

Posted April 28, 2014
I think PS132 is a great school. The teachers here puts a lot of effort in to the students. They want what's best for the child and their parents. The area is safe, when it comes to the students safety they are on point someone is always at the front desk signing you in and checking I'd. I will recommend this school to other parents.

Ps 132 Ralph Bunche 1

Posted April 05, 2012
I am a parent with a son who attends this school right now. I am desperately trying to get him out of this placement. The neighborhood is unsafe. No decent in-school or after-school activities. There is no longer a "strong" reading program as BOTH "Reading Specialist" were placed in the classroom as homeroom teachers by the new principal. My son has one such "reading specializing" teacher now in 1st grade--I am not impressed. Honestly, I would have to say the "bullying" is probably the biggest problem at the school. The Principal is not addressing it AT ALL--as a matter of fact even letters to her office go UNATTENDED to! My son has come home numerous time with "accidents" that I was neither contacted about or had my questions answered about. Also, there is some kind of weird picking order as well. . . Parents who are known trouble makers are the ones whose badly behaved children are allowed to run rampant over the quieter more well-behaved students. I really DO NOT recommend this school! If you are zoned for it FIND A WAY OUT! Move if you have too!

Posted June 07, 2010
This is school is just great.They really care for the kids. Discipline is right on to what your child recieves at home.the children here are well behaved and happy. The preK program is great and the children really learn not just play all day!Nice clean parent friendly school staff. The administration here is second to none great job I can see this school on a steady rise to the top!

Posted April 29, 2010
I appreciate the teacher-parent/teacher-student relationships that have developed over my 5+ years at the Ralph Bunche School. There is a genuine concern for the academic and social growth of each student. I am pleased with the end results of a grueling year. I also give homage to the administrative staff. Their leadership has created an environment which is safe for the wealth of knowledge and esteem that is taught; and will exhume from each child long after graduation.

Posted April 21, 2010
I love PS 132 because they care about the kids that attend the school.

Posted February 06, 2008
Ps.132 is a great school. The teachers are great. They are like family.

Posted December 01, 2007
Ps132 q is a great school to be in.I have expeirienced alot in that schoool and I am proud of it.My name is Victor Daniels,I am a student of the school.And I am currently in Mrs.Cunny's class.

Posted May 30, 2007
There aren't enough words to express our concern as parents with children who attend The Ralph Bunche School. From the very first day of school right through to the last day of the school teachers and administrators provide the quality of care and concern that is needed for a child's educational impartation. The foundation for educational values that begins at PS 132Q are instilled in the children so that they learn to live by the schools motto, 'Success is the Only Option.' There is great parent participation. Extracurricular activities could be increased. Overall, it's a wonderful school with wonderful teachers and administrators.

Posted April 08, 2005
Overall I am happy with the school. But the school doesn't have enough activities for the students. They cut out the music and art programs and those children are left with only sports. A big 'Thank you' to the teachers that took time to organize trips for the children. For the after school program, it should be offered to all students. Our children need more healthy and better quality lunch. For safety and discipline, the teachers and the guards are doing a wonderful job. Parents should get involve by not double park to pick up the children. We are putting our own children in danger. We (parents) need to work with the school to improve the quality of it. If we all put together, we can save our children. They are our future.

132-15 218th Street, Queens, NY  11413
Last modified Ps 132 Ralph Bunche is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 132 Ralph Bunche Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top