Queens, NY

Ps 134 Hollis 2

Posted March 28, 2014
My Granddaughter attends this school and I'm very dissatisfied with how it's runned. There is no supervision when then the children are entering in the morning or leaving in the afternoon. I've seen several fights, alot of running around, yelling, and screaming.parents drop their kids off before the breakfast doors are open. The children are out of control, disrespectful, cursing, bullying, no home training whatsoever.can't wait till school is over cause my granddaughter will no longer attend that school. The principal has no type of structure or control over that school. school safety sucks, some teacher's have no control with the children. P.S. 134 SUCKS!!!! I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Ps 134 Hollis 1

Posted January 10, 2014
My son is in the 3rd grade the teacher is good but the p.t.a. and the staff in the office are what the department of education need to change badly.my son was sick with a cold on the lungs he was out for a while you know they called children services on me , god forbid what if he was in a more serious condition and I didn, t tell them what would they do then.the people who work there should be replace immediately.

Posted September 23, 2013
Today we had meet the staff it was a great turn out looking forward for a successful year! Everything was well planned out and we cant wait to see what this year has in store for us.

Posted September 17, 2013
My grandkids have been going to this school for about two years now. I would like to compliment the principal teachers and staff who have welcomed all four of my grandkids in. They have all been patient respectful understanding and have always been active with them from day one. Unlike their previous schools they have attended. They are very polite and take their time with each child individually. I love that they have extra activities for the students to join.

Posted September 17, 2013
My children have attended this school for two years now. They love it. Mrs. Sternbach, Mrs. Torello, Mrs.Latson, Mrs.Hamilton and Mrs.Kobyochi thanks for everything you have done to help my children succeed in their school year. This year we have the pleasure of meeting Mrs.Araujo, Mrs. Floreal and again Mrs. Sternbach who has my fourth grade. We pray we have another successful year thanks for keeping us up to date on our children progress and being patient. Mr. Chambers you're a great principal always asking sure the children are in a safe environment and being active in their everyday life and activities.

Posted June 08, 2012
My son is in the second grade very intelligent kid; all his teachers have noticed and always push him, he can sometimes become a little distracted. Over all, the staff has been awesome. Thank you Ms. Floreal Ms. Johnson Ms. G, Ms. Bass. To all the teachers that I didn t mention keep up the good work & thank you<3

Ps 134 Hollis 3

Posted August 30, 2011
It totally depends on the teacher. For kindergarten my son had an awesome teacher. She gave and checked homework daily, called if something was missing, e-mailed me if she wanted to discuss something and she read to the students everyday (I think). Me and my son miss Ms. Arthur very much. The new teacher? Lord have mercy! I never saw any corrected homework. I had to go up to her and ask for any feedback on my son. She gave my son a test, waited months before she corrected it then when my son finally came home I found that whoever she got to mark the test had marked right answers wrong! My son nearly got a 60-75 on a test he actually aced! If I hadn't brought it to the substitutes attention it would have gone unnoticed. That is sloppy, there is no reason why the teacher cannot correct the test papers herself. Especially since she only test once ever 3-4 months or something. There was other incidents like also. That wasn't the only one. The teachers seem pretty good but the substitutes are a mess!

Ps 134 Hollis 3

Posted June 27, 2011
In my experience the teachers at this school really care about the kids and strive to make them better. The problem is the lack of parent involvement and participation. You get out of your child what you put into them. My daughter attends PS 134Q and is in the second grade. She gets homework daily and tests weekly. The teachers check her homework and grade her test on the same day it is due or when it is completed. My daughter is always saying so and so did not do their homework or so and so got a zero on a test. That to me is unacceptable and the only people to blame are the parents. My daughter has execlled thanks to MS. Cohen and Ms. Hollins. It is not solely up to the teachers to teach your kids people...when will folks accept responsibility? I love the care and attention given to my daughter at this school!!!

Posted April 17, 2011
I'm a graduate i think this school is great keep on going .ms Larobours ,msArujo ,and Msshoustect love u alll !1-bianca marquez

Posted December 09, 2010
I think this school is great.... My daughter attends this school and she LOVES it! She comes home telling me the many things she has learned throughout the day, as well as, wakes up in the morning tired but motivated to go bc she loves her teacher... I would recommend this school to another parent, and just hope you get a great teacher like Ms. Butler...

Ps 134 Hollis
203-2 109th Avenue, Queens, NY  11412
Last modified Ps 134 Hollis is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 134 Hollis Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top