Bad
Good

Posted April 03, 2014
My daughter is currently enrolled here and the school is not a bad school. unfortunately it is like any other school in any other ethnic neighborhood, average at best. The classes have way to many students and its unfair to the students and teachers. The school is always clean and they do the best with what they are given. if you are engaged in your childs life and work with them while they are a student here, they will be fine, however if you are depending on the school to get your child through (which no parent should do by the way) if your child is not a fast learning and needs extra attention they will definitely fall behind. not that the staff is not willing, there are just so many students. anyway the school is ok. **Mrs Robinson, who is a kindergarten teacher is excellent**

Posted June 04, 2013
my school is PS 136 the leadership is no good. The principal have no empathy or comcerns for the children. There is constantly no morning or afternoon outside supervision. The way staff communicates with children is unruly. There is bulling issues as well. I have intervened in a bulling situation in the more with four boy jumping on another. The leadrship is no good.

Ps 136 Roy Wilkins 5

Posted February 05, 2013
I graduated from this school in 1961 and it was one of the best schools in Queens even back then. The foundation I received at PS 136 has served me well over the past 5 decades.....

Posted July 20, 2011
My little boy attended Kindergarten at PS 136 for school year 2010-2011. I agree that initially I was very skeptical about this school. I was pleasantly surprised to find that teacher to student ratio was not too bad as there was an assistant teacher there. Both teachers seemed to have the best interest of the children as their priority...It was very troubling that the children did not have gym... instead during recess they sat in the auditorium and watched movies... whatever happened to Physical Ed for 5 yr olds? I agree that there is a need for more music and art but the children do need to get up and move..

Posted July 07, 2011
I had a Kindergartener and 4th grader go to this school for the 2010-2011 school year. I must admit, I thought this was going to be a bad experience, but wow I was wrong. It is not the greatest school and some staff members are a bit rude, but let me tell you, that the principal was very nice, respectful and involved. I really liked how she seemed to know pretty much every students name. My sons kinder teacher Ms. Bentley was amazing! I couldnt have asked for a nicer teacher. unfortunately she retired this year, however there are other really great teachers here. My daughters 4th grade teacher Ms. Creveceour was tough, but kind. She really cares about her students education, she expects nothing but the best from her students and I like that. Be a parent who is involved. show them you are a parent who cares. A parents involvement makes all the difference in the experience your child has in school and the experience you have with their teachers.

Posted May 31, 2009
The school is good but needs more arts and more 1 on 1 time like tutoring after school or something but to get the kids interested in school you need more activities for the arts side so they would like to learn and do well because they know they have to keep the grades up or else no more fun activities

Ps 136 Roy Wilkins 5

Posted October 20, 2008
I used to go here from 1998-2003. This is a great school, the principal (which is not the principal there anymore as I heard) was really nice and amazing. All the teachers are great at their work

Ps 136 Roy Wilkins

Posted September 04, 2008
I do not like the way they run the school. No supervision, the children are always fighting and it is very loud. I am trying to get my daughter out as i type.

Posted September 23, 2007
I really did not like this school. My son went here for kindergarten in 2006-2007. There is no supervision outside of the school in the morning or in the afternoon. And mostly every time I took my son to school there would be a fight going on. The hallways are noise and the lunchroom area. I am not saying that the children cannot speak, but you have to maintain there tone especially in the morning. If a child start their da of loud and hyper they will continue to be that way for the rest of the day. My child was left in school for 3 hours because someone failed to call me and let me know my child wasn't picked up. It was my fault that I did forget it was a half of day. I also filled out an emergency blue card. Someone should have notified me.

Posted September 22, 2007
this is a poor, unorganized school.

Ps 136 Roy Wilkins
201-15 115th Avenue, Queens, NY  11412
Last modified Ps 136 Roy Wilkins is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.