Queens, NY
Before care: Yes

Ps 139 Rego Park 4

Posted January 19, 2014
If you child gets Ms Talish... you are a very lucky person. She is unique !! Ms Park not so much .... she cant wait to get out of school day, always in a running ...

Posted December 25, 2013
P.S.139 is an amazing school. I used to go here, and I remember the faculty and staff was so nice to the students. Never have I pretended to be sick just to miss school, because I was so eager to learn! I miss this school so much. The PTO is also very active.

Posted December 22, 2013
Barely no enrichment programs opened to all, bully teachers and principal, packed with unreasonable rules. Not to mention bathrooms and cafeteria stink.... This school needs a reform.

Posted November 12, 2013
This school is horrendous. both of my kids are attending this school because i dont have anymore options, this is the only school near me. i dont see anything positive here, teachers, principal and the rest of the staff are only concerned with their paycheck. no one cares about kids and their education. the positive reviews on this website must be submitted my staff themselves, because all the parents i have talked to hate this school as much as i do. its a shame our children need to live through this for 6 years.

Posted February 18, 2013
PS139Q is below average when it comes to academics. I agree with some of the comments here: the principal is only concerned about the funding. My son goes to the 'Kapa' program in the school, which is a special class whereby the admittance into the program was recommended by the teacher. So they put their best students together in one class, then the teacher took a month off at the end of last year for 'sick leave' and my son had a whole month of subs with barely any homework. After the teacher came back in Jan, she then took more time off during the day for training. I'm sure the test score for this class will still be above average, but it's certainly not because of the quality of the teachers. If you have kids are that smart and wanted to learn, send him/her to a private school.

Posted February 16, 2013
I am the parent of two students that attend P.S.139Q. This school receives my highest recommendation and I'll tell you why. All of the teachers at this school are teaching and all students are learning. The principle is completely in charge of everything that happens in the facilely and is a wonderful leader. The thing I like most about her as a leader is that she does not appear to have befriended the teachers and staff under her command. On the contrary, they are her employees and she treats everyone with respect while keeping in mind a job at hand that need to be achieved. That job is teaching the students at P.S.139Q and preparing them for their academic future. If you are thinking to move into the area you have hit the jackpot with P.S.139Q.

Ps 139 Rego Park 3

Posted August 13, 2012
Like any public schools, it has some pluses and minuses. I was hoping the school's academics would be stronger, but it's not. With the exception of a few good teachers, I think their faculty needs to be revamped.

Ps 139 Rego Park 2

Posted March 15, 2012
All my children have gone to this school and I must say it has gone down the drain over the years the current principle is only concerned about getting funding for the school and is very very rude. The school is only concerned with testing testing and more testing my child has not learned anything it is just so sad this was such a great school before.

Ps 139 Rego Park 2

Posted March 01, 2012
Too many kids...my kid is in 3rd grade and there are 31 children in the class. School staffs are helpful but I can't help questioning whether the major focus of the principal is to get a better school ratings or to provide a resourceful and respectful foundation for kids' true learning. I have to confess that I've seen some of the teachers not fully "there" for students or respond to their students without respect or raise voice constantly. I have to admit I decide to write this review since I have a strong doubt if I could recommend this school to anybody. not much enrichment classes nor extra activities and homework is mostly based on printouts throughout all years, not to mention there's not much art nor sports. It may have been good in the pat but definitely needs some improvements in... many areas.

Posted March 18, 2011
Its an awesome and good school and has lots of good people and a good environment

Ps 139 Rego Park
93-06 63rd Drive, Queens, NY  11374
Last modified Ps 139 Rego Park is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 139 Rego Park Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top