Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted June 28, 2016
Stay away if you only could. Kindergarten is over and we are not coming back. Mean teachers who don't even try to hide if they don't like your child, a new principal who doesn't know what she is doing, poorly run after school program, old equipment and facilities and they don't even try to keep it clean etc etc. But an excellent parent committee and a parent coordinator who are trying to make it a pleasant experience for all.

Ps 139 Rego Park 2

Posted January 06, 2016
The school is disorganized and lacking personal approach to students. I can't understand how it is graded 8 out of 10. They must only care about fulfilling the school curriculum and passing the tests. Not working for my kindergartener and we can't wait to transfer to a different school. Avoid if you can.

Posted November 08, 2015
I went by the reviews and the grade the school got and felt very lucky to have the chance to put my daughter in this school. She was recommended by her IEP to be put in an ICT program,worse decision of my life. The two teachers my daughter got were the meanest people on the face of the earth. There was no access to your kids it felt like you were going into a prison. Like they were hiding something from you. I hated every second of the school year. I was so excited to leave that school and now my daughter is in a great school with an amazing and loving teacher.

Ps 139 Rego Park 4

Posted January 19, 2014
If you child gets Ms Talish... you are a very lucky person. She is unique !! Ms Park not so much .... she cant wait to get out of school day, always in a running ...

Ps 139 Rego Park 5

Posted December 25, 2013
P.S.139 is an amazing school. I used to go here, and I remember the faculty and staff was so nice to the students. Never have I pretended to be sick just to miss school, because I was so eager to learn! I miss this school so much. The PTO is also very active.

Posted December 22, 2013
Barely no enrichment programs opened to all, bully teachers and principal, packed with unreasonable rules. Not to mention bathrooms and cafeteria stink.... This school needs a reform.

Posted November 12, 2013
This school is horrendous. both of my kids are attending this school because i dont have anymore options, this is the only school near me. i dont see anything positive here, teachers, principal and the rest of the staff are only concerned with their paycheck. no one cares about kids and their education. the positive reviews on this website must be submitted my staff themselves, because all the parents i have talked to hate this school as much as i do. its a shame our children need to live through this for 6 years.

Posted March 27, 2013
As a student at this school during the principal change, I agree that the school has definitely fallen quickly in academics. The school was great until the third grade. As a member of the kappa class, I can tell you that it is an absolute joke, and completely just for show to draw kids to the school. In reality, the students are not taught nor treated well. The kappa class is supposed to be a gold standard for the school, but the students are told that they are not any different than the rest of the student. In fact, there is a difference. If you are in the kappa class, you do projects that have nothing to do with academics, whereas in the other classes, you learn. If in fact you intend to send your child to this school, avoid the kappa class. However, I warn you that your child WILL NOT enjoy the school. Many teachers from the golden age of PS 139 are gone, and unfortunately the administration of the school is not looking to make the school better. Advice to a parent with a child at this school: I suggest that you take your child's learning into your own hands. My father did and I succeeded, despite the horrible experience at this school.

Posted February 18, 2013
PS139Q is below average when it comes to academics. I agree with some of the comments here: the principal is only concerned about the funding. My son goes to the 'Kapa' program in the school, which is a special class whereby the admittance into the program was recommended by the teacher. So they put their best students together in one class, then the teacher took a month off at the end of last year for 'sick leave' and my son had a whole month of subs with barely any homework. After the teacher came back in Jan, she then took more time off during the day for training. I'm sure the test score for this class will still be above average, but it's certainly not because of the quality of the teachers. If you have kids are that smart and wanted to learn, send him/her to a private school.

Ps 139 Rego Park 5

Posted February 16, 2013
I am the parent of two students that attend P.S.139Q. This school receives my highest recommendation and I'll tell you why. All of the teachers at this school are teaching and all students are learning. The principle is completely in charge of everything that happens in the facilely and is a wonderful leader. The thing I like most about her as a leader is that she does not appear to have befriended the teachers and staff under her command. On the contrary, they are her employees and she treats everyone with respect while keeping in mind a job at hand that need to be achieved. That job is teaching the students at P.S.139Q and preparing them for their academic future. If you are thinking to move into the area you have hit the jackpot with P.S.139Q.

Ps 139 Rego Park
93-06 63rd Drive, Queens, NY  11374
Last modified Ps 139 Rego Park is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.