Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I had a problem with my child was not handle properly and still hasn't I have my child thinking the school doesn't care about her so sad you can tell this will be last year she is there.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Because I need to pay $150 for after school so they can help my child with homework since she is not explain well in school teachers don't have time my daughter says

I have watched my kids through the years at ps140 getting bullied and nothing happens. my kids get hurt and I don't find out about it through the school, I have to find out when my kids get home and tell me. I report and report and report and still nothing. I have spoken to the assistant principals and get nothing but attude. I told one assistant principal I was done with the way the school handles things and she told me in front of teacher, parents and students that she will enjoy seeing me withdraw my students from the school.

The principal at P.S. 140 don't have a mind of his own he's so much influence by his assistant Robyn Hasberry, teachers are afraid to step up and do the right thing for the benefits of the students they teach, teachers are being pressured to the point of early retirement. The school is overcrowded by bullys and nothing has been done to alleviate this issue. This principal has to go. Everything turn to the worst since he came in office. WE NEED A CHANCE NOW

this school is horrible if you want your children to know how to fight and defend there self sure send them here because there will be a fight everyday

My pre-K teachers Ms. Watson and Mrs Elzarafy along with the TA's Ms. Guandecki and Ms. Emeri. are very caring and I trust them with my children. My 4 year old has been writing his name since 63 days in school. My twin 4 year old has been writing her name in 80 days. They're both learning site words and counting like little geniuses. I am very satisfied with the teaching they are receiving at Edward K Ellington. If I have any complaints its the school hours which are not conducive for a working parent. But that compliant can be shared with any school!!

I don't even know where to start with this school. This is THEEEE WORST SCHOOL ever. My daughter started in the school as an A's and B's student now her last report card she has eleven 2 and two 1. Almost everyday my daughter comes home she said there was a fight either in the classroom or somewhere in the school I don't understand where there so many teachers plus the principal yet they not doing anything about those fights. very sorry

I don't care what people say about the school its just that their children are the students who are stubborn at times with behavior problems and don't want to respect the principal and staff members cause they wasn't taught to do it . Mr Norman is an excellent principal who is patient with the kids he don't believe in suspending them he give them a chance. So if you don't like the school take your child elsewhere so that you will stop complaining it will just make him look better and .

I recall being in 140 many years ago, everything was much different from what it is now. Sure there were children who misbehaved but Mr. Defraitis and Ms. Brittenum always had everyone under control . The teachers especially, at least the ones I had: Ms. Ramos , Ms. Edwards and Ms.Miller were extremely strict , they did not tolerate the nonsense I see today whenever I pick up my baby brother form school. Whenever I pick up my baby brother from school there is so much chaos, it worries me because little kids are there cursing,listening t rap music, pushing each other and acting like animals and well the lunchroom after school is just the worse. There are kids fighting on the floor , where is the Principal to do something about it , because I've observed the staff and honestly they do not look trust worthy at all ! This is all very sad because I have really good memories of PS140 and right now I'm just watching it go to pieces.

As a former teacher at P.S.140 I was happy to learn that the school was removed from the "phased out" list, because I believe that the school serves a wonderful community. I feel that the current administration did not approach the restructuring of the bilding in the best possible manner. The first rule of thumb is not to purge the building of its staff, but to observe and make relevant changes. Instead the current administration came in and completely changed everything, even those things that were producing positive results. I hope that with this second chance that the school administration will take a deeper look into how they do things. There is a proverb that states " a fish rots from the head down" simply put this school is failing, because of its leadership. I am not saying Mr. Norment is not a good leader. I am saying he is a leader, who does not listen to the people he leads. His focus is on getting rid of teachers instead of providing them with avenues to become more successful. I am a strong believer in the education of our children and that the BEST teacher should be in front of the classroom, but we must encourage teacher growth not destroy it. Good Luck 140.

Last modified Ps 140 Edward K Ellington is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.