Queens, NY

Posted December 18, 2014
I took my daughter out of this school because she was an exeptionaly smart girl,but her grades were not showing it.I had wanted to schedule a meeting with her teachers and when I tried to contact the school I could never get through,I had to personally call the teachers cell phones and to my astonishment they told me that,that was the only way to get results.The teachers are the best,but it is a certain AP that makes me and my daughter uncomfatable.I dont know why he is still there,but since he wouldn't leave I did.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 01, 2014
I had a child pass thur and now in high school. And one child still attending their . Since mr Fairweather has taken the principal role it's been dowhill . The staff are doing things that aren't protocol. But only cause their being told to do so and in fear of risking their jobs they do it .something needs to be done they are neglecting these childern.

Ps 43 2

Posted August 21, 2014
This school needs to improve their special education program with teacher who are dedicated to the needs of a special needs child instead of their own needs. I would not recommend this school not even to my worst enemy who has a special needs child..

Ps 43 3

Posted April 29, 2014
If only people knew what s really going on here and how certain people on the staff are singled out by a certain AP who has a lot of issues himself. Why is he still here when its so obvious

Posted April 23, 2014
This school need Good teachers,teachers who need a job,not hang outs . Good leadership quality principal , who observed the teachers intellectual abilities and team teaching approach. The front entrance needs steam cleaning too. The children project's need to be advertise more the school.

Posted October 24, 2013
It is.an excellent school with great staff. I had one child pass through who is now attending a specialized high school and graduate with honors and 2nd child in ap class..the schol is perfect for all 3 of my children..it right by the sea and the play groumd park is great for the kids..I hope my excellent review for this school..

Posted May 08, 2013
This school has exceptional teachers, and an excellent art, music and drama department. The princapal Mr. Fairweather is professional and is doing a great job creating a secure school with an amazing staff.

Posted March 31, 2013
My school is full of teachers who care about their students. There are so many people who want my child to succeed that I can't possibly list them all!!!

Posted January 30, 2013
Best. School. Ever. The teachers are caring and helpful. We really want to see PS 43 shine!

Posted January 27, 2013
Always drama going on with the people in charge. They should refocus on the meaningful issues and act with\ some honesty amongst themselves.

Ps 43
160 Beach 29th Street, Queens, NY  11691
Last modified Ps 43 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 43 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top