Queens, NY
Students enrolled: 1,836

Posted February 26, 2014
THIS SCHOOL WILL never make it threw the teachers has a way of rolling things off there back, the new principle is not helpful even when the worst is done. accidents happen and the ones involved they all cover there backs, i hope the school shuts down.

Ps 143 Louis Armstrong 2

Posted November 25, 2013
Is horrible...too many kids in one classroom.. many teaches get paid in that school for doing nothing ... my daughter got held back mean while her teacher was half of the year absent.. and he decide to held her back.. how could she learn when he was not even there..!!!!!!

Posted March 11, 2011
All I have to say is this school is HORRIBLE. From the security guards to the office staff and the teachers are all rude. When my child was having issues no one seemed to care. I agree with some of the below statements there are way too many children in this school and the teachers give way to much homework and it gives parents a reason to think our children must not be doing much learning in school. I made the best decision when I took my child out of this school. I would not recommend any parents to enroll their children in PS 143.

Ps 143 Louis Armstrong 5

Posted December 18, 2008
My son has a speech delay and for 4 years was at a very low reading / writting level, ever since he started going to P.S. 143 the progress has been amazing, he claims he has the best teacher ever (I agree). I can proudly say my son is reading, writing and behaving wonderfully. Thank you Ms. 'B'

Posted December 14, 2008
This school isnt good because it has too many kids.Another thing wrong with it is that the teachers arent nice.They give too much homework.My daughter went to that school and on the 3rd week of school it took her 2 hours to finish her homework.Im sorry but this school is military school.My daughter is smart though.

Ps 143 Louis Armstrong 5

Posted May 29, 2007
Education quality is outstanding. Perhaps more emphasis should be put on physical education to encourage students not to engage onto sedentary life habits though.The music and art programs are fantastic. These year's trips(2007) have been awesome for the younger grades and should be applied for the whole school! Some parents do not attend meetings that can be important for their child's education showing that they do not know or do not care about the importance of elementary education and the difference it makes in a child's performance the level of involvement one as a parent has with our children.

Ps 143 Louis Armstrong 4

Posted October 08, 2005
Great parental involvement, plenty of enrichmnt programs and staff is dedicated.

Ps 143 Louis Armstrong
110-02 Northern Boulevard, Queens, NY  11368
Last modified Ps 143 Louis Armstrong is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 143 Louis Armstrong Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top