Queens, NY

Posted April 26, 2015
I'm a grandmother who also send my 3 kids to this school and I still love the school is great and small so the kids can take care very good and the teachers are marvelous, right the way I like for my grandkids now. I really recommend this school PS144.

Posted April 15, 2015
My 2 daughters attend PS 144. It's a wonderful place with the perfect mix of academics, fun, play, art. The teachers are so dedicated and wonderful, the principal is relentless in creating a happy environment, and it's such a great group of parents. My girls are challenged and supported in their quest to be great learners, not just good test takers. I even think the custodian, Mr. Eddie, helps make this the truly special school this is. I always feel heard and respected with my concerns. And the parent coordinator answers every silly question almost instantaneously. This is a great community, I could not be happier.

Posted December 07, 2014
This is school is great in that it allows parents to participate and help out which benefits our children, and they have a strong PA community. The issue I have and other parents have is how the teachers grade the performance of the kids. It seems that after talking with many parents, the consensus seems to be that WE ARE CONFUSED as to how the kids are getting their grades? If a child takes an exam/exams in class and scores 99% or 100% consistently wouldn't this equal a 4 on the report card? I am hearing from parents that their kids are getting a score of 2 (failing) and 3 on the report card even though test scores are high? There should be a straight forward method to gage and accurately determine grades. Teachers - have a way to show parents how you came to give that child their grade.

Posted July 02, 2014
I'm all for kids having fun, but in a school, I primarily want to make sure my child is learning well and establishing a good foundation for his future. so far, PS 144 has been amazing in that regard. the teachers and principal encourage parent participation and provide detailed feedback on my son's progress in class. They are always responsive to queries and guide me on areas that I can focus on at home to supplement his learnin in school. Other than reading, writing and math, they also have special science residencies, art, dance, and music lessons and also run a great after school program. The parents association is very involved and help out new parents with a strong support system. another great bonus is the great cultural diversity in the classroom here. In my son's class there are about 15 different countries represented and the parents are all involved in their childs education. In todays global times, I think these are the elements that prepare anyone for a strong future ahead, and I'm glad I gave up my son's G&T seat elsewhere to come to PS 144.

Posted May 14, 2014
my older boy is in the G&T class since 3rd grade. he love it here. my younger son join the same program in first grade. Both of their teachers are great, warm, reachable (email are welcome by both teachers), giving them attention and support. but the best of all is The Principle - Ms Schneider is the greatest scholar you ever meet. She is involved with classes, school events, supports knowledge, friendship and challenge. Our parent - teacher coordinate ALWAYS gives you an answer within short time and ALWAYS helps us with anything. PS 144 needs every parent to be involved in fundraising, bake sales, trips...etc . We love PS 144. Keep the good work and math circle.

Posted April 02, 2014
Is a great school, I recently moved to New York and enrolled my daughter in this school. The principal and teachers have advised me that my daughter is regularized. I have lots of support from the school regarding the integration

Posted November 06, 2013
My son just started kindergarten at this school and we love it. The administration is very open and engaged and parent participation and feedback are very welcomed. My son is already reading and writing and loves doing his math homework. The PA is very active and strong. This school is great!

Posted October 28, 2013
this school is very good, all teachers are nice, the teacher in fourth grade put many effort in math quick quiz which improved the students's skill. my son is in ESL now, their ESL teacher is good, nice and have sense of responsibility. My son has improved much in reading and writing.

Posted October 24, 2013
My son is in K this year. He absolutely loves his teacher and has great respect for her. It has been almost two months only, and I can already see great improvement in his writing and reading. The principal greets kids and parents as we show up every morning with big smile and hugs. She and the staff are very open to parents, their questions and input. My son and me are very happy!!!! Thank you PS144

Ps 144 Col Jeromus Remsen 2

Posted September 11, 2013
This school has good teachers and strong PA community, however, the school officials are rude and not willing to work with parents.

Ps 144 Col Jeromus Remsen
93-02 69th Avenue, Queens, NY  11375
Last modified Ps 144 Col Jeromus Remsen is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 144 Col Jeromus Remsen Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top