Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 4

Posted August 17, 2012
I am a student at 147 I think the school is a good school. My brother was bullied in the school when I was in the 5th grade twice overt is boy. I love the school only when they do fun trips, shows and step. I am a lady rocket and love the school. I might go to a different school and i am not sure to stay or not but it is a hard decision. I like ms Beatty , ms cox, ms.mason, and ms.matz I love the school . The school needs more help on despline and about trying to give less hw cuz the give way too much on Fridays

Posted May 22, 2012
My child is in the first grade and was been bullied from the very beginning of the semester. I have reported the incidences to the appropriate person's when my child came home with bruises and they have done nothing resolve the problem. I was told different excuses, that they were short on staff and so forth.The Assistant Principal is very unprofessional and it was embarrassing how she spoke to me. I often wonder how these people are educating our youngsters. It was the biggest mistake to enroll my child in this school. The principal has no control. the city needs to step in and evaluate this school.

Posted June 13, 2011
The teachers have no control over these kids, especially the older ones and the Principal is never anywhere to be seen. It's horrible when the older kids in the middle grades run the entire school. I can't wait to get my daughter out of this place!

Posted October 21, 2010
One of the parents wrote find it interesting that the parents who have the most negative things to say about this school do not attend the PA meetings I have attended meetings and NOTHING comes out of them. It should not have to take outside programs like Project Hype to help raise grades. Not every child can participate and that is not fair to those who can t.

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 4

Posted April 25, 2010
I have a son in 8th grade at 147. This is a wonderful school. Security agents greet you at the door. There is a real sense of community in the school. Teachers are dedicated and the administration keeps the students in check. I was especially impressed by the use of technology in the classrooms. One teacher in particular uses a SMARTBoard and has a website for the kids to use at home. My only complaint is that the uniform code is not enforced by other parents.

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 5

Posted April 18, 2010

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 3

Posted April 16, 2010
I think PS 147 is ok. I think more parents need to come to more PTA meeting and be more involved.I also think the principal need to pay more attention to the younger kids and they should move them into the main building. There also need to me more security around the school. My daughter attends this school as of now but I really think I will be taking her out when she gets older because I want more for her and I don't think this school has what to offer.

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 0

Posted January 13, 2010
The school is ok the principal needs to pay more attention to the middle school students as opposed to staying in the auditurium with the younger kids. she needs to be more aware of what happens on the outside with the other children swearing and so fourth

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 0

Posted November 05, 2009
My daqghter started P.S. 147 in her senior year and was previously a product of the private school arena. I must stay that I am truly impressed with the teachers at this school. I truly feel that most of them give 125% effort and time to the students. I receive telephone calls immediately when my daughter over steps her boundary or if she is socializing too much.

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 3

Posted October 04, 2009
I attend this school right now. I honestly think that this school is a very good school.The problem is that the principals are trying their best to make the school better, but most of the other students are not willing to cooperate. There needs to be more consequences for the students that cause commotions for them self individually. I also think that some of the staff should ease on the children in middle school with the homework. And then they have the nerve to complain when a student missed one assignment out of the truck load. I also have a feeling that by the time I graduate to high school , my back will be broken!!!!! This school needs lockers desperately. I know they are being delivered shortly, but it hurts me to see other students with book bags that weigh more than them. More info but It can't fit.

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair
218-01 116th Avenue, Queens, NY  11411
Last modified Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top