Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 5

Posted August 06, 2015
I am a school teacher (not in this school). I am a community resident and I am heavily involved in volunteering in the Cambria Heights community. The principal and assistant principal are hard working, dedicated professionals. My community organization went to meet them to find out how the library could collaborate with the school. The team leaders there are a pleasure to work with and helpful. They just want the parents' participation. If there were more parents willing to volunteer with their time in their children's school, their children would become so much more productive. We are familiar with the tireless work of the parent liaison there.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 06, 2015
The teachers can only be as effective as the parents are. There is little parent presence in the school; with increased parent participation, the teachers and all other pedagogues in this building will be so much much more effective.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 06, 2015
To the best of their ability, and with very little parent participation, they do. The PTA meetings are not well attended. Parents do not arrange meetings with the teachers to find out how they can help their child at home. They only want meetings when there is a problem. So evidently, they do not see the work that those teachers put into their child.

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 4

Posted August 17, 2012
I am a student at 147 I think the school is a good school. My brother was bullied in the school when I was in the 5th grade twice overt is boy. I love the school only when they do fun trips, shows and step. I am a lady rocket and love the school. I might go to a different school and i am not sure to stay or not but it is a hard decision. I like ms Beatty , ms cox, ms.mason, and ms.matz I love the school . The school needs more help on despline and about trying to give less hw cuz the give way too much on Fridays

Posted May 22, 2012
My child is in the first grade and was been bullied from the very beginning of the semester. I have reported the incidences to the appropriate person's when my child came home with bruises and they have done nothing resolve the problem. I was told different excuses, that they were short on staff and so forth.The Assistant Principal is very unprofessional and it was embarrassing how she spoke to me. I often wonder how these people are educating our youngsters. It was the biggest mistake to enroll my child in this school. The principal has no control. the city needs to step in and evaluate this school.

Posted June 13, 2011
The teachers have no control over these kids, especially the older ones and the Principal is never anywhere to be seen. It's horrible when the older kids in the middle grades run the entire school. I can't wait to get my daughter out of this place!

Posted October 21, 2010
One of the parents wrote find it interesting that the parents who have the most negative things to say about this school do not attend the PA meetings I have attended meetings and NOTHING comes out of them. It should not have to take outside programs like Project Hype to help raise grades. Not every child can participate and that is not fair to those who can t.

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 4

Posted April 25, 2010
I have a son in 8th grade at 147. This is a wonderful school. Security agents greet you at the door. There is a real sense of community in the school. Teachers are dedicated and the administration keeps the students in check. I was especially impressed by the use of technology in the classrooms. One teacher in particular uses a SMARTBoard and has a website for the kids to use at home. My only complaint is that the uniform code is not enforced by other parents.

Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair 3

Posted April 16, 2010
I think PS 147 is ok. I think more parents need to come to more PTA meeting and be more involved.I also think the principal need to pay more attention to the younger kids and they should move them into the main building. There also need to me more security around the school. My daughter attends this school as of now but I really think I will be taking her out when she gets older because I want more for her and I don't think this school has what to offer.

Posted January 13, 2010
The school is ok the principal needs to pay more attention to the middle school students as opposed to staying in the auditurium with the younger kids. she needs to be more aware of what happens on the outside with the other children swearing and so fourth

218-01 116th Avenue, Queens, NY  11411
Last modified Ps Ms 147 Ronald Mcnair is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.